(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87F32099-4FBB-4ED7-914C-9211631A0661 (resized).jpeg
39A46DE2-B92C-4966-B8D2-AA6FD2382E08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
output_image1694567056178 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 3 years ago

Could anyone do me a favor and measure the width of their Phantom backbox? I've read several different numbers online, and was hoping for a real-world reality check. I'm supposed to be picking up a Phantom on Saturday and need to figure out which doors I'm gonna have to take off to get it to my game room.

Thanks in advance!

2 months later
#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm looking for a working 520-5000-00 power supply board for POTO if anyone has one. If not, does anyone know if a board from a Data East Version 3 game like TFTC will work in a Version 2 game like POTO? It looks like the AC connector (CN1) is identical. But not sure about the input voltages and pinout from the transformer.

I ended up buying a replacement power supply from x-pin. They had exactly the correct one, and it works perfectly in my phantom. Think it was around $139, slightly more expensive than the rottendog or other options, but it seems higher quality and it was actually in stock.

So I'd recommend the x-pin board. But I do agree that the different DE power supply generations appear very similar

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

What issues were you having to led you to buy the replacement? Ive been having some odd hard reboots lately on mine. Might be looking to buy an upgraded board since i play to keep the machine for a long time.

Well, I bought mine as a project. It had a burned up GI connector and several other connectors and pins on the PS were charred too. It was in a tattoo parlor before I bought it, and it was still incandescents at the time. So my guess is that it got left on all day and possibly overnight and stuff burned up.

The PS was very crispy looking and was gonna require at-a-minimum a lot of new pins. So I decided to go ahead and buy a new PS. I still had to re-pin a crap ton of wires, and replace several burned connectors outright. But I figured having a new PS would eliminate some variables and then I could still attempt to repair the old one when I found the time or motivation. Hasn't happened yet! Plus the game had other issues too, so having a few less things to do was handy.

There's a certain point where a person has more money than time!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,395 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.