(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 427 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Seanlaughlin
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E0DC6938-08AB-4DED-A4B3-75C575BD5A7D (resized).jpeg
7098C2E3-6580-432C-A144-1C70D14C0CA3 (resized).jpeg
504359D0-8420-43E0-B360-EBDEB9CA6298 (resized).jpeg
FC273345-ABE4-45F2-B17C-E9B7145E9B2D (resized).jpeg
poto (resized).jpg
8A190D7A-0FBB-4BE3-99FD-A4430F174078 (resized).jpeg
1D1F834F-DE2B-41B8-A25E-8A2E2C9812F4 (resized).jpeg
243C6F98-DBA0-4042-A4D7-88D7934B61A0 (resized).jpeg
5D27F193-0B15-4010-9FEB-C289A556849D (resized).jpeg
5BEAADC2-0F20-444C-B066-76CB20BAE361 (resized).jpeg
98942DD0-82FE-422A-A1DE-488A8A5CBB4D (resized).jpeg
0BA72B92-477D-45E7-A9FF-E35AD1418C40 (resized).jpeg
DFFDCFED-65E8-4379-9925-CDBC3348CC9E (resized).jpeg
F95351B6-8CAB-4688-A082-190E493619EC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
14FFED49-69AE-4CAB-A688-9A57CA31A625 (resized).jpeg

There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 months ago

I didn’t even know that could happen! Yeah I’m interested in that as well

Quoted from Darscot:

I think I have the same pop bumper lights but can't remember where I got them, probably Pinball Life they have a few different types. I have the sounds or vibration activated ones.
I want to know if those are DIY speaker lights or a kit from somewhere?
Those ramp protectors are a great idea, the ramp that is on mine is cracked but I have a spare. When the current ramp finally bites it I'll get a set of those for my good ramp.

#402 4 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think I have the same pop bumper lights but can't remember where I got them, probably Pinball Life they have a few different types. I have the sounds or vibration activated ones.
I want to know if those are DIY speaker lights or a kit from somewhere?
Those ramp protectors are a great idea, the ramp that is on mine is cracked but I have a spare. When the current ramp finally bites it I'll get a set of those for my good ramp.

These are actually DIY speaker lights I used LED light strips. The pop bumper lights I bought from Comet Pinball.

#403 4 months ago
Quoted from Seanlaughlin:

Do you have a link to the lights from your pop bumpers?
Also what playfield protector did you use?

The playfield protector was purchased from playfieldprotectors.com in Germany and the pop bumper lights from Comet Pinball.

#404 4 months ago

Thank you!

Quoted from Kevster219:

The playfield protector was purchased from playfieldprotectors.com in Germany and the pop bumper lights from Comet Pinball.

#405 4 months ago

Nice. I wondered what the speakers would look like lit up red.

I actually designed some led spacers and 3d printed them for the DE dmd era speakers a couple months back and lit my Last Action Hero and my friends TFtC.

I have a new plastic set to put on my PoTO this weekend so I’ll measure them while I have that million plastic out and see if my print bed is big enough, if so I’ll see if I whip something up.

#406 4 months ago

I don't remember where I got these but recently touched them up and printed a set for my Phantom. Figured I might as well share incase anyone wants them.

poto (resized).jpg
#407 4 months ago

Anyone in the market for a used phantom glass? I was able to source a NOS glass for my machine..this one has had some touchups to the back side, the red on “Phantom” was repainted, and a new mask and score window decal applied. It is very presentable now and if anyone is interested please PM me.

FC273345-ABE4-45F2-B17C-E9B7145E9B2D (resized).jpeg
#408 4 months ago

To those who have put LED"s in the backbox......what did you use They are WAY too bright (or so I think) at least in the Phantom face area. I may move those back to incandescent but leave the other LED's in.

Just wondering what you have in yours.

#409 4 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

To those who have put LED"s in the backbox......what did you use They are WAY too bright (or so I think) at least in the Phantom face area. I may move those back to incandescent but leave the other LED's in.

I have a couple of LEDs in the eyes, and some LED flashers everything else is incandescent. LED are just two over powering. One day I'll find grab some of those LEDs that are dimmer and swap it over.

2 weeks later
#410 3 months ago

I used a lot of comet warm white 1smd. I also put in a few yellow, orange and red bulbs anywhere it started to get too “hot”. This avoided that “shop lighting” look under the backglass. under the mirror, I put a tower daylight white and it’s perfect for the effect - I kept the eyes incandescent. Anything else is too bright and bleeds too much. Good luck!

#411 3 months ago

I usually use cool whites in all my back boxes. But for Phantom I went with warm white because the wife said it worked better with the theme and art. But I put a couple amber leds in his eyes. Makes a cool effect during the game over sequence.

#412 3 months ago

Ok so this is probably stupid but...

I have my game set on freeplay. The display always shows "Credit 1", is there a way or something in the settings to make it say "Free Play" instead, or were we just not there yet for 1990? haha

My buddy keeps chirping me when he's over playing and keeps asking why I doesn't just say Freeplay. I'd like to change it if possible, so he can get a good night sleep :p

#413 3 months ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Ok so this is probably stupid but...
I have my game set on freeplay. The display always shows "Credit 1", is there a way or something in the settings to make it say "Free Play" instead, or were we just not there yet for 1990? haha
My buddy keeps chirping me when he's over playing and keeps asking why I doesn't just say Freeplay. I'd like to change it if possible, so he can get a good night sleep :p

I think it says 1 credit because you either matched or hit a replay score. Once you use those up I think it says Free Play. Mine does anyway. Or maybe I am mixed up?

Chris

#414 3 months ago

Mine has never said Free Play it just always shows one or more credits.

#415 3 months ago

Little upgrade....

504359D0-8420-43E0-B360-EBDEB9CA6298 (resized).jpeg
#416 3 months ago

Another little upgrade...

7098C2E3-6580-432C-A144-1C70D14C0CA3 (resized).jpeg
#417 3 months ago

I think it says 1 credit because you either matched or hit a replay score. Once you use those up I think it says Free Play. Mine does anyway. Or maybe I am mixed up?
Chris

Yeah if you match or get a high a score it adds the appropriate credits but will go back to “Credit 1” after a minute or two in attract mode.

Quoted from Darscot:

Mine has never said Free Play it just always shows one or more credits.

ok good to know. I assume they just hadn’t implemented that yet. I guess I’ll forever be chirped for it whenever we play. Haha

2 months later
#418 48 days ago

So I emailed the good folks at Pinsound about if they were planning on releasing a Pinsound board for Phantom. They told me that they are working on it! Woot! This was months ago and I followed up again but didn’t hear back. Anyone know anything about it? My wife is so damn excited at the possibility of having Andrew Lloyd Webber music and such in this game. I have to admit, it would be pretty awesome.

#419 44 days ago

They’ve been saying this for YEARS. Don’t hold your breath. I’m considering using a wav trigger device to pipe some ALW in mine.

Quoted from PurpleTophat:

So I emailed the good folks at Pinsound about if they were planning on releasing a Pinsound board for Phantom. They told me that they are working on it! Woot! This was months ago and I followed up again but didn’t hear back. Anyone know anything about it? My wife is so damn excited at the possibility of having Andrew Lloyd Webber music and such in this game. I have to admit, it would be pretty awesome.

2 weeks later
#420 29 days ago

Hey gang. I recently picked up a DOA POTO and have been able to get it mostly going. The one issue left is basically eternal multiball, it starts happening about 20 seconds into game play, just keeps kicking out another ball every 20 seconds or so. All the trough switches seem to be working fine otherwise as I can tell. Anyone run into this specific issue?

#421 29 days ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Hey gang. I recently picked up a DOA POTO and have been able to get it mostly going. The one issue left is basically eternal multiball, it starts happening about 20 seconds into game play, just keeps kicking out another ball every 20 seconds or so. All the trough switches seem to be working fine otherwise as I can tell. Anyone run into this specific issue?

Maybe check the switches in the lock. Sounds like it’s being trigger and the game is kicking out the second ball.
Before the next ball is kicked out does the game play the locked ball effects and say anything on the display?

#422 28 days ago

Oh good point, Ill check the lock, but I haven’t noticed anything related to mb on displays. I’m not terribly familiar with gameplay but I do understand how locks/mb work. Worth a shot! Thanks!

#423 28 days ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Oh good point, Ill check the lock, but I haven’t noticed anything related to mb on displays. I’m not terribly familiar with gameplay but I do understand how locks/mb work. Worth a shot! Thanks!

Shot to the organ locks first ball. Second shot to the organ locks second ball, and I believe the display should then read “save the girl”. Then his the organ a third time in multiball and get the big “JACKPOT” fanfare.

#424 28 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Shot to the organ locks first ball. Second shot to the organ locks second ball, and I believe the display should then read “save the girl”. Then his the organ a third time in multiball and get the big “JACKPOT” fanfare.

Ok... so stand up target switches are causing the extra balls to kick into shooter lane, pretty much every time.

#425 22 days ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Ok... so stand up target switches are causing the extra balls to kick into shooter lane, pretty much every time.

ok.... that is a weird one.

#426 21 days ago

I find it amusing that the art on this machine is very well done, except they gave the blonde buzzie on the back glass severe frostbite on her foot...

1 week later
#427 9 days ago

I’m not entirely unhappy with this.... I’m not thrilled either. It was from wish. Com. When it came my wife said “are you new? You’ve never heard of how bad wish is?”.

The quality isn’t great but.... it fits

E0DC6938-08AB-4DED-A4B3-75C575BD5A7D (resized).jpeg
There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside