(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87F32099-4FBB-4ED7-914C-9211631A0661 (resized).jpeg
39A46DE2-B92C-4966-B8D2-AA6FD2382E08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
output_image1694567056178 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 532 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 4 years ago

Thank you all for the replies. Here are some pictures of the playfield and boards in the back box. This is in a dark garage with my flash but I tried my best. Do you think this is something that should be bought? I see the PF wear and the alkiline damage slightly on the main CPU board due to the batteries in the back box. Any other thoughts? what price should I offer?

29 (resized).jpg29 (resized).jpg30 (resized).jpg30 (resized).jpg31 (resized).jpg31 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg35 (resized).jpg35 (resized).jpg
#252 4 years ago

more pictures

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg33 (resized).jpg33 (resized).jpg34 (resized).jpg34 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have one but have not installed it. My glass is missing some of the mask, but not enough for me to want to replace it yet.
It seems like it is good quality. Not the same as the silkscreened glass, but I think it is nice, does let light through similarly, and it would be good if your entire mask or even id large parts were missing.
Chris

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

more pictures[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would offer low as possible. You have lots of work to do to make it a good working pin.

#255 4 years ago

Magic mirror area doesn't look too bad - that's usually a high wear area. Mylar!!

1 week later
#256 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I would offer low as possible. You have lots of work to do to make it a good working pin.

wanting to check and see if my offer for the barn find POTO is not insulting. This cabinet is a little rough(no water damage thought), CPU board has Alkiline battery damage, playfield has several waer spots where the art work is completely gone, the alpha numeric score displays are falling away from the back box, and it has had mice nest inside of it. Is $250 as an offer a reasonable one?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

wanting to check and see if my offer for the barn find POTO is not insulting. This cabinet is a little rough(no water damage thought), CPU board has Alkiline battery damage, playfield has several waer spots where the art work is completely gone, the alpha numeric score displays are falling away from the back box, and it has had mice nest inside of it. Is $250 as an offer a reasonable one?
Thanks in advance everyone!!!

I feel that's a reasonable offer considering the amount of work to be done. Good luck. Please keep the thread updated.

1 week later
#258 4 years ago

Working on my Phantom. My upper GI lights on the backbox are dead and I traced it to a blown F3 fuse. Putting a new one in and of course it blew right away. Any tips?

Also anyone know how the large capacitor should be wired?

Thanks POTO team!

AFBB9D9B-718E-40F4-A90B-75E35943A002 (resized).jpegAFBB9D9B-718E-40F4-A90B-75E35943A002 (resized).jpegB2F85375-C3B3-4BDE-83EE-7F9FC1ECAF3E (resized).jpegB2F85375-C3B3-4BDE-83EE-7F9FC1ECAF3E (resized).jpeg
#259 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Working on my Phantom. My upper GI lights on the backbox are dead and I traced it to a blown F3 fuse. Putting a new one in and of course it blew right away. Any tips?
Also anyone know how the large capacitor should be wired?
Thanks POTO team!blockquote>

Here are a couple pictures I snapped over lunch break real quick. I hope they help some

potobb (resized).jpgpotobb (resized).jpgpotobb2 (resized).jpgpotobb2 (resized).jpg
#261 4 years ago

What is the leg length for the Phantom from the factory? Mine has 28.5 and 31 rear? It does not seem correct?

#262 4 years ago

My original legs are 28.5 inches long.....when I google 535-5020-30 the leg length is 30.5 inches long. I would contact pinball life and see if you could buy a 28.5.....

#263 4 years ago

I am going to try swapping a 28.5” in the rear. Manual says 6deg incline. At the moment my 30.5 in the rear have no give to change.

1 week later
#264 4 years ago

Attacked the mask decal install. Lots of arts and crafts to cut out the mask but it was not that difficult in the end. It does have transparency so the flashers do show the face behind the mask. A+

2BB39A51-DD84-47FE-BE87-3CEE49C9D3B1 (resized).jpeg2BB39A51-DD84-47FE-BE87-3CEE49C9D3B1 (resized).jpeg77E34F9B-7B5F-4194-B758-BF3631FAA567 (resized).jpeg77E34F9B-7B5F-4194-B758-BF3631FAA567 (resized).jpeg0461E31F-787F-43A7-9292-7F9BDC47C594 (resized).jpeg0461E31F-787F-43A7-9292-7F9BDC47C594 (resized).jpeg79F474CE-E6C9-45B2-9ED3-1B679EECAACB (resized).jpeg79F474CE-E6C9-45B2-9ED3-1B679EECAACB (resized).jpeg
#265 4 years ago

Wow.....I did not expect the decal would look that good....Awesome work. My wife's Phantom has a couple scratches on the mask but she did not want to take a chance on replacing it.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Attacked the mask decal install. Lots of arts and crafts to cut out the mask but it was not that difficult in the end. It does have transparency so the flashers do show the face behind the mask. A+[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! It's is the only option at this point for those whose mask is gone. I bought one of these replacements so if I ever get the gumption to do mine, but it's not worn enough to warrant it (yet).

Chris

#267 4 years ago

Mine had no mask at all! The top of His hat is still gone but no decal that far up to replace.

#268 4 years ago

Anybody have a shot of the spinner on the right upper? Mine does not spin at all and it sometimes stays 1/2 way open. I believe it’s the link down to the switch binding but now sure. Mine needs a tear down and this week.

Thanks

1 week later
#269 4 years ago

I just picked up this Phantom of the Opera but it is missing the Ball Shooter Assembly (PN: 500-5109-04) anyone know where I can get a replacement one of these?

poto (resized).jpgpoto (resized).jpgpoto2 (resized).jpgpoto2 (resized).jpg
#270 4 years ago

This one should work.....you have the incorrect part number....500-5019-04

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=847&parent=3&is_print_version=true

#271 4 years ago

I opened up my recent POTO pickup and the isolation transformer looks like its toast. Anyone have one or know where I can get a replacement?

Thank you in advance!

#272 4 years ago

It takes a lot to kill that transformer. Good luck hopefully it just looks bad and isn’t dead dead, I’ve seen them secondary market for like $200-250

#273 4 years ago

I am now a proud owner of a POTO pinball machine for a week now! My wife
and I love playing this game! Can someone please tell me how to reset the
high scores that are already in this game??? I’ve tried factory reset but that
didn’t work. I want our new scores to be the high scores now.

#274 4 years ago

If you have the manual to the game you can adjust each high score to a lower high score.....

#275 4 years ago

I made a PDF of the manual PM me your email address or an online drive and I'll send it to you. Its 11MB some emails don't like files that big.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I made a PDF of the manual PM me your email address or an online drive and I'll send it to you. Its 11MB some emails don't like files that big.

I do have a manual!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

If you have the manual to the game you can adjust each high score to a lower high score.....

I do have a manual! Are you talking about E Ad32,33,34,35?

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Milk:

I do have a manual! Are you talking about E Ad32,33,34,35?

Yes you can lower each high score. Set your switch to the reverse and use the start button to lower each score.....

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes you can lower each high score. Set your switch to the reverse and use the start button to lower each score.....

OK I was able to lower the scores on E Ad 32,33,34,35 that worked fine. But the old high
scores are still in the game! Am I missing something? I want to delete all those high scores
and start over! Hope I’m not a pain.

#280 4 years ago

Sounds like it's not keeping the lower score you input in the game......have you ever changed the Batteries?

#281 4 years ago

No! The game came to me with a NVRAM chip in it. (no more batteries)
Is this my problem???

#282 4 years ago

What is Paul Faris Daughters name that appeared on the pinball?

#283 4 years ago

UPDATE: After I factory reset my game my total game count went to “O”.
I was able to lower the high scores from factory setting but my game kept
the high scores that were already in the machine which was much higher than
my lower scores entered. Don’t know what happened, but after some 250
plays my wife and I put on the machine the scores changed to my lower
setting! Now our scores are the high scores in the game (which was what I wanted)
4,300,000 is now my high score. Give me a couple more weeks…..

#284 4 years ago

This resets the scores. Factory reset just loads factory gameplay defaults

C92818F4-A710-46E7-91A8-8213D1C06483 (resized).jpegC92818F4-A710-46E7-91A8-8213D1C06483 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#285 4 years ago

Hello Everyone, I have to remove the playfield completely from the cabinet on my POTO
to work on the organ and a vertical up kicker! Has anyone done this? Any tips, tricks,
comments to help me out? Do any wires have to be cut or just disconnected?

#286 4 years ago

I placed a white party table next to mine and lifted it out. Have someone help you lift it and place it on the table. I did not disconnect any wires. When done you will need a hand placing it back in.

E8CBE7D9-85B2-4CAF-AEAC-15DB39CD7DF6 (resized).jpegE8CBE7D9-85B2-4CAF-AEAC-15DB39CD7DF6 (resized).jpeg
#287 4 years ago

Thank You!!! Yes I will have help taking it in and out!

1 month later
#288 4 years ago

Guys, I am from Sweden and do have a Phantom of the Opera pinball machine. Everything is working fine, but the backglass mask is worn off the glass, and looks really bad. I see that it is possible to buy a decal for that - can anyone advise where I can buy one?
Oh, I am living in Indiana right now

/Kenneth

#289 4 years ago

robx46 was selling them

#290 4 years ago

i have my 2nd phantom finally working. picked up a project 3 years ago, and put it in the gameroom 2 months ago...didn't take much to get it up and running. greatest sound in pinball when they went mono for all those years after the stereo data east pins of the early 90s.

thanks to brian jones and cliffy, i now have the magic mirror back in place where it belongs along with target decals and spare spinner/mirror decal. yes, my plastics above the mirror are "wrong". i used a keychain for a temp cover of a duck spinner i had rigged up..

i kind of like his moody face looking back at the player. i have the little 2nd plastic, so eventually will go back to stock.

only pinball i've ever triple thicked part of the front of a backglass. i have all of the mask there, but there was the slightest lifting that i wanted to press back down to seal.

phantom cliffy mirror assembly (resized).jpgphantom cliffy mirror assembly (resized).jpgphantom mirrior assembly (resized).JPGphantom mirrior assembly (resized).JPG
#291 4 years ago

Man, I can't get enough of this game in VPX. Haven't ever had the pleasure of playing in person. Someday...

2 months later
#292 4 years ago

Anyone rebuild the VUK on the right side? Seems like mine is sticking a bit when it goes in the center to the right side. It does not seat back to original position so the ball goes down the tunnel and rests next to the white plastic VUK. Bang on the cabinet and it seats down so the ball will roll on top of it and continue game play. Started taking it out but not sure how to break it down to clean and re-sleeve the coil. Has a snap ring and u shaped switch. Anyone been down this road before?

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Anyone rebuild the VUK on the right side? Seems like mine is sticking a bit when it goes in the center to the right side. It does not seat back to original position so the ball goes down the tunnel and rests next to the white plastic VUK. Bang on the cabinet and it seats down so the ball will roll on top of it and continue game play. Started taking it out but not sure how to break it down to clean and re-sleeve the coil. Has a snap ring and u shaped switch. Anyone been down this road before?

Yes I have.....can help you in a dm or a phone call

#294 4 years ago

Anyone interested in retro Refurbs cabinet wrap set for POTO? Decided not to go that route, PM if interested.

1 month later
#295 3 years ago

Add me to the group! POTO was one on my grail list and i was fortunate to acquire one at great price. And its in pretty damn good shape.
Its been folded up in my garage for the past 5 years. But with the recent shelter at home order and being laid off from work because of it.... i cant think of a better time to bring her in and begin the clean up. Hoping to get started next week. Ill share pics as i get it started.

IMG_3676 (resized).JPGIMG_3676 (resized).JPG
#296 3 years ago

Shot of the left side.

IMG_3675 (resized).JPGIMG_3675 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#297 3 years ago

Got her set up. And to my complete surprise after all these years....ALL the switches and coil worked. Just had to adjust a few switches.

Should be ready to start to clean, restore, and upgrade this one.
DSC_0013 (resized).JPGDSC_0013 (resized).JPGDSC_0018 (resized).JPGDSC_0018 (resized).JPGDSC_0032 (resized).JPGDSC_0032 (resized).JPGDSC_0038 (resized).JPGDSC_0038 (resized).JPGDSC_0041 (resized).JPGDSC_0041 (resized).JPGDSC_0042 (resized).JPGDSC_0042 (resized).JPGDSC_0047 (resized).JPGDSC_0047 (resized).JPGDSC_0048 (resized).JPGDSC_0048 (resized).JPG

#298 3 years ago

Playfield looks to be in great shape. I needed a playfield for ours but was not able to get one.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Playfield looks to be in great shape. I needed a playfield for ours but was not able to get one.

You should contact CPR, I think Phantom was on there boutique list and with their new model you may be able to get one.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You should contact CPR, I think Phantom was on there boutique list and with their new model you may be able to get one.

They have no plans on producing them. I have been waiting over 6 months for a bad cats playfield

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,395 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 532 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/6?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.