(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 445 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by ScottyG
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70A25CEB-D48F-4F2B-A740-7FFBAAE71B75 (resized).jpeg
BAFAAC98-F9EB-49D9-A079-7B52466369DB (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
9B2BF40C-CA2C-49B3-A741-59F29FB6D6AE (resized).jpeg
E0DC6938-08AB-4DED-A4B3-75C575BD5A7D (resized).jpeg
7098C2E3-6580-432C-A144-1C70D14C0CA3 (resized).jpeg
504359D0-8420-43E0-B360-EBDEB9CA6298 (resized).jpeg
FC273345-ABE4-45F2-B17C-E9B7145E9B2D (resized).jpeg
poto (resized).jpg
8A190D7A-0FBB-4BE3-99FD-A4430F174078 (resized).jpeg
1D1F834F-DE2B-41B8-A25E-8A2E2C9812F4 (resized).jpeg
243C6F98-DBA0-4042-A4D7-88D7934B61A0 (resized).jpeg
5D27F193-0B15-4010-9FEB-C289A556849D (resized).jpeg
5BEAADC2-0F20-444C-B066-76CB20BAE361 (resized).jpeg
98942DD0-82FE-422A-A1DE-488A8A5CBB4D (resized).jpeg

There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 3 years ago

I was just hoping some would remake that subway. I asked, no chance. My playfield was scanned by cpr early last year before I sent it to Kruzman so it’s possible sometime in the future

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

How much for your pop caps?

Just pay the shipping and you can have them. PM your address and I'll tell you how much to ship them.

#103 3 years ago

There is very little demand for a playfield on this pin. I'm sure CPR is in not rush to make one.

#104 3 years ago

Maybe Freeplay40 can do the subway?

Chris

#105 3 years ago

If you need the Magic Mirror subway, check here. He said he could make them but never had anyone interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/40#post-4277827

Chris

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you need the Magic Mirror subway, check here. He said he could make them but never had anyone interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/40#post-4277827
Chris

I've been looking for the main ramp for several months now and haven't been able to find it. Maybe he could do a small run of both the main ramp and the mirror subway?

#107 3 years ago

I asked him about the mirror subway back in September and he said no. Maybe if enough of us need one he will do a run. Plenty of the organ subways around it seems

#108 3 years ago

I found that comet bulbs has these Flame bulbs. So I ordered some and put them under the play field. Right in the middle where the candles are. Its really is cool how they flicker.
Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I found that comet bulbs has these Flame bulbs. So I ordered some and put them under the play field. Right in the middle where the candles are. Its really is cool how they flicker.
Here is the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm

I was looking at them. I might just have to pick them up.

Ron Kruzman is the man. Check out his work on my NOS playfield that just came back. I wish my phone camera could pick up how deep and clear this came out.

FEB4288D-2F20-4CF3-B411-2954B9D7793D (resized).jpeg

#111 3 years ago

Does anyone have the Mask for the Backglass? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? Picked this pinball up recently and someone had razor bladed it off. Can't be that hard to make something that would work. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjames:

Does anyone have the Mask for the Backglass? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? Picked this pinball up recently and someone had razor bladed it off. Can't be that hard to make something that would work. Thanks!

I'm on the same boat about the mask hopefully somebody will have a fix for this some day

1 week later
#113 3 years ago

I can only assume this metal bar doesn’t belong here right?

430C6DBF-AA92-41CD-90F2-1886E5B03445 (resized).jpeg

#114 3 years ago

Has anyone ever used a red xpin display in their phantom? I’m currently torn between red and amber/orange for display replacement

#115 3 years ago

Its hard to really get a feel for the red display from the pictures. But I like it a lot better.
Magicchiz

20160519_141626 (resized).jpg

20160720_192416 (resized).jpg

#116 3 years ago

Yeah I’m sold on the red. Chiz what bulbs are you using in your pop bumpers?

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Its hard to really get a feel for the red display from the pictures. But I like it a lot better.
Magicchiz

What brand is that? Is that the X-Pin white with red film or the straight red LED X-Pin?

#118 3 years ago

Pretty sure its red.
Pop bumpers I'm thinking cointaker. It's been a while from my restore and clearcoat playfield.
Magicchiz

#119 3 years ago

Do your slingshot switches have capacitors on them? Mine has the resistor but looks like caps were cut off and I’m not sure how to re-install them on my new switches (which poles and direction and values)

#120 3 years ago

I will never complain about how much work mine needed ever again after watching this

#121 3 years ago

Holy shit that is crazy, unbelievable resurrection. It's a little sad to do all that work and have a shitty mask at the end.

#122 3 years ago

Has anyone found a better solution for the playfield prop rod? I took mine out because it’s probably gonna damage the playfield and doesn’t actually hold it up enough to do any real work

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

» YouTube video
I will never complain about how much work mine needed ever again after watching this

Wow. That is some crazy shit right there!

#124 3 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue where the last digit on the top and bottom of the display all the way to the right blink or flash every couple of seconds? I’ve changed our displays, all my connectors and cables, and reheated the mpu and reseated chips and it’s still giving me a headache. I’ve tried to record it but I can’t capture it on my phone because it’s like trying to record an old television and all you see is strobing

#125 3 years ago

Having a hell of a time with the organ rebuild. Does the organ motor spin clockwise or counter clockwise? The new motor I got doesn’t have any wire markings on it so I can’t tell how it hooks up. When it hits the limit switches does it reverse direction or continue to spin when the organ gets the signal to open or close?

#126 3 years ago

Could you guys send me pictures of this area of the game? My old playfield was so jacked up with crazy holes drilled and posts added that I have no clue how to assemble this area and what I’m missing

F7AA9FF3-B80D-4EB5-BCD5-45A505CD9F9D (resized).jpeg

#128 3 years ago

Does anyone else get massive air balls from the organ target? Got mine about 98% together and played without the glass and about had a heart attack when the first ball up the organ shot about a foot in the air and back onto my new playfield

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Does anyone else get massive air balls from the organ target? Got mine about 98% together and played without the glass and about had a heart attack when the first ball up the organ shot about a foot in the air and back onto my new playfield

I too put a NOS playfield in mine recently with new rubber etc.. and it plays so much faster. In the beginning i was getting a few air balls here and there, but never off of the organ. Still...plays really fast, but I think I'm just making better shots and not getting air balls as much.

#130 3 years ago

Anyone know of NOS playfield for sale?

#131 3 years ago

Does anyone else get a loud pop when they power down? Im getting the red flasher tower on the left of the playfield making a popping sound when I power off the machine. wonder if i have a short somewhere.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Does anyone else get a loud pop when they power down? Im getting the red flasher tower on the left of the playfield making a popping sound when I power off the machine. wonder if i have a short somewhere.

I don't recall anythign like that on power down. I have a coil fire on startup but it doesn't stay on and hasn't been an issue.

Chris

#133 3 years ago

I did a little detective work and there is voltage discharging to all the coils and flashers when I power off. The “pop” was the sound of the laser kick hitting the apron that was slightly missaligned.

1 week later
#134 3 years ago

Either outright purchase or looking to trade mine plus cash for a scratch and damage free apron for phantom of the opera. Mine has vendor sticker damage with the ink lifted in a rectangle on the right. If you’ve got a beater phantom with an excellent apron I’ll send you mine plus cash for it.

D3CF9CFC-089E-42F0-A1D6-17AC4BEDBD0F (resized).jpeg

79D8B209-4F53-4BEF-9ACD-862DCDDEF884 (resized).jpeg

A53889B7-0AE2-4C45-B8B0-BBE6D9BA3271 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Anyone figure out a way to dampen that back plate of the open organ lid so that balls don't bounce back off of it. More than half my shots hit that back metal piece and bounce right back on the PF instead of falling in the organ hole. i put a piece of thin foam back there and it didn't help at all. Everything else I've tried just looks ugly or impedes the movement of the organ door.

Did you ever find a solution? I've got the same problem. I'm gonna try some sticky backed felt but im not sure it will help

1 month later
#136 3 years ago

Anyone look for parts to the mirror assembly, I just replaced mine so I have an entire assembly available. It's not mint or anything but its workable if your missing anything.

2 weeks later
#137 3 years ago

I was playing a game with my POTO and the organ door got stuck half way up while it was raising. It just seems to vibrate softly now as the motor tries to raise the organ. I went under the playfield and the arm that attaches to the motor from the organ seems to be completely jammed. I can't move it at all by hand but when I look I don't see anything blocking the mechanical linkage. Before this happened I could easily move the arm attached to the organ up and down but now it won't budge. I hope the motor didn't go out but it's still trying to move the organ so I don't think thats it. Also it wouldn't explain why the arm to the organ is completely stuck. It should still be able to move even without the motor working. I've moved it before with the game turned off. Thanks for any ideas on where to start.

#138 3 years ago

Check the hinge and bushings that the organ is attached to

#139 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I actually got it sorted. The fixtures for the flashers on top of the organ were blocking the organ when it was trying to come up. When I took the top off for the first time I noticed that there was a nut under the screws. I removed them as I didn't know what they were for. I guess they were there to keep enough space. I don't know if that is specific to my game or if they all are like that but the top of the organ can't be flush or the ramp gets stuck when going up.
Also I wanted to ask if you knew which size retention spring I should use for the ramp. The one I just put on I think is too small and the organ struggles for a second or two when closing from the top position.

#140 3 years ago

Yeah they all had 3/8 inch tall spacers between the top

1 month later
#141 3 years ago

I have a restored playfield in clear coat at the moment if anyone interested...pm me

#142 3 years ago

Hi all, I've just been lucky enough to become an owner of this pin, mine does need a bit of touching up though. One thing I desperately need is the whole magic mirror assembly, as this one only has some star posts holding up the upper decals ( I have started a thread about this before I found this thread ).
I noticed a post from Darscot mentioning the mirror assembly posted a few months ago as I was reading through these posts, If you read this, I don't suppose you still have the old assembly Darscot?

Many thanks

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Ratiganpin:

Hi all, I've just been lucky enough to become an owner of this pin, mine does need a bit of touching up though. One thing I desperately need is the whole magic mirror assembly, as this one only has some star posts holding up the upper decals ( I have started a thread about this before I found this thread ).
I noticed a post from Darscot mentioning the mirror assembly posted a few months ago as I was reading through these posts, If you read this, I don't suppose you still have the old assembly Darscot?
Many thanks

I do, it’s pretty rough and has seen some repairs over the years. It’s your for shipping if you want it.
AE778B22-DA94-43CB-A264-E164201BB2F1 (resized).jpeg573E2E70-130E-498C-9735-D64EF2E8A03A (resized).jpeg

You will need to bend the top of the side brackets forward so the mirror is the right angle.
347D813B-0643-4EDF-A128-7D39EF71948D (resized).jpeg

#144 3 years ago

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. That's certainly better than nothing, and I'm sure it will scrub up nicely enough. Any Idea what we're looking at for shipping to the U.K? And how do we sort out the payment?

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Ratiganpin:

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. That's certainly better than nothing, and I'm sure it will scrub up nicely enough. Any Idea what we're looking at for shipping to the U.K? And how do we sort out the payment?

Sent you a PM.

#147 3 years ago

Thanks for the link.

#148 3 years ago

Hi all, I'm working on my newly acquired POTO, and have quite a few issues which I could use some advice on.

I have connected all of the plugs and cables, which I labelled before taking apart, and have found that the digital display will not work, most general illumination lights work, but under playfield and just over half of the back box lights will not work.

Also I found that connection CN9 ( top left circuit board in the back box ) has a plug that uses all but the very last, top pin, and a brown cable had been soldered to that top pin. I have added a photo of the wire and connector area, and also a photo of the cable bunch that the brown cable comes from. Can anyone tell me what this is and how it is meant to be?

Cheers.

20180910_211836 (resized).jpg20180910_211907 (resized).jpg
#149 3 years ago

Hi again, I have found that the brown cable makes the rest of the back box general illumination lights work, but I would still like to know if that was all meant to be part of the same plug for the other pins below?

Still no joy with the under play field lights, digital display, and also the start button.

#150 3 years ago

Would anyone have a diagram of what each circuit board in the back box actually does? Which plugs power what? I'm waiting for an actual POTO manual, but its coming from the states, so will be another few weeks yet.

Many thanks for any help.

There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside