(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87F32099-4FBB-4ED7-914C-9211631A0661 (resized).jpeg
39A46DE2-B92C-4966-B8D2-AA6FD2382E08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
output_image1694567056178 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 6 years ago

Anyone figure out a way to dampen that back plate of the open organ lid so that balls don't bounce back off of it. More than half my shots hit that back metal piece and bounce right back on the PF instead of falling in the organ hole. i put a piece of thin foam back there and it didn't help at all. Everything else I've tried just looks ugly or impedes the movement of the organ door.

4 weeks later
#52 6 years ago

So I’ve bought 4 decal “sets” over the past 2 years, and would you believe not a single pop bumper decal in the bunch. Even though I know one had pictures of them in the auction, I just never opened the packages until now. What sucks is over the years I’ve seen a ton of them pop up. I’ve got tons of all the other decals though enough to practically do 3 machines :/ anyone wanna trade? I need 4 and I’m trying to get this thing done without waiting another year for them to pop up

2 months later
#53 6 years ago

Hello all. Im looking for a little help on my Phantom game. Could someone pop their playfield up and snap a picture of the underside of the playfield? specifically on the ball eject to the shooter lane. Im having an issue with mine. I dont think I have it mounted in the correct spot because its having issue with ejecting the ball. Thank you. I also posted this on my own thread but havent seen any response yet.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hello all. Im looking for a little help on my Phantom game. Could someone pop their playfield up and snap a picture of the underside of the playfield? specifically on the ball eject to the shooter lane. Im having an issue with mine. I dont think I have it mounted in the correct spot because its having issue with ejecting the ball. Thank you. I also posted this on my own thread but havent seen any response yet.

I had to replace the part that eject the ball in to the shooter because it was worn. Here are some photos. Best of luck on getting it repaired.

20180121_201247 (resized).jpg20180121_201247 (resized).jpg

20180121_201236 (resized).jpg20180121_201236 (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I had to replace the part that eject the ball in to the shooter because it was worn. Here are some photos. Best of luck on getting it repaired.

You're the best! thank you so much.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

You're the best! thank you so much.

Your welcome

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Best of luck on getting it repaire

Thank you once again. With your picture I was able to see exactly where it needed to be. Got it working great.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Thank you once again. With your picture I was able to see exactly where it needed to be. Got it working great.

Happy I could help. My wife and I played our phantom over the weekend......

#59 6 years ago

New topper

4C6B75E5-1C82-4FB9-9086-58B2355D46E7 (resized).jpeg4C6B75E5-1C82-4FB9-9086-58B2355D46E7 (resized).jpeg

7CC89F53-88B8-4E13-AF85-06D458DD617E (resized).jpeg7CC89F53-88B8-4E13-AF85-06D458DD617E (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#60 6 years ago

Has anyone run across an issue where magic mirror shots occasionally declare "Trap Door!", give a trap door bonus, and don't increase the magic mirror multiplier triangles? I was thinking that maybe a sensor/detector for the mirror was faulty and that the return shot through the trap door triggers instead. I conceded that maybe it was an obscure rule that I wasn't aware of, though I haven't been able to determine a pattern on when I get unexpected results.

In poking around the parts, I didn't see anything that stood out at me. The rubbers are in a 'figure 8' pattern so that the mirror doesn't get stuck and a 1cm X 1cm plastic piece chipped off of the top of the rear mirror housing recently (where it went, I know not where). Neither of these seemed to be the issue, but I figured I'd be upfront about it.

Anyways, I was curious if this was a quirk others have and I'd have to live with or if it is indicative of a solvable problem. Thanks, in advance.

#61 6 years ago

Mine does this sometimes, I think the ball just bounces over or the switch doesn’t register.

#62 6 years ago

They share a very short subway so adjust or replace your switch under the magic mirror since the first switch isn’t registering and is only hitting the second switch

#63 6 years ago

Thanks for confirming, both of you.

jboner1058: good luck on your PotO restoration. I eagerly await the end of that journey for your sake. I'd personally be afraid to play the damned thing after that level of deep cleansing and replacement.

#64 6 years ago

Oh I have a feeling it’s gonna end up just a display piece. I am terrified of every single part of that game coming into contact with the ball. I’m sure once Kruzman is done with the playfield I’m gonna have to white glove assemble the whole thing

#65 6 years ago

I added a Sparkys MDM mod to Phantom tonight. It shows the original B&W Phantom of the Opera movie. I think it turned out great.

IMG_7821 (resized).JPGIMG_7821 (resized).JPG

IMG_9111 (resized).JPGIMG_9111 (resized).JPG

IMG_1874 (resized).JPGIMG_1874 (resized).JPG

#66 6 years ago

That looks great! I've never seen one of these on a POTO. NICE!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#67 6 years ago

hmmmm. Maybe if you could get a small 3D printed stage with curtains as the bezel For the screen. (Starts looking into a 3D printer)

#68 6 years ago

Has anyone removed the Mylar on their Phantom? I am wondering if it pull the art like the other era System 11 Williams machines.

My mylar is kind of dull and I tried my polishing kit but it didn't do much.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Has anyone removed the Mylar on their Phantom? I am wondering if it pull the art like the other era System 11 Williams machines.
My mylar is kind of dull and I tried my polishing kit but it didn't do much.
Thanks in advance!
Chris

HEP has one in his gallery that pulled pretty cleanly.

But there was a POTO restoration thread recently where the pull was not clean at all.

#70 6 years ago

DONT DO IT!!!! unless you want to add 3 years of work and $2500 in new playfield to your phantom.

#71 6 years ago

I have not done it but I hear the gold paint comes off with the mylar.

#72 6 years ago

Seriously, don't even entertain the idea of removing the mylar. Just happily live with any bubbles or imperfections. Something something build character.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I hear the gold paint comes off with the mylar

The gold paint that Data East and Premier/Gottlieb used did not adhere to the playfield.
e.g. Gold Wings.

#74 6 years ago

OK, thanks for the replies

Looks like the mylar is staying!!!

Chris

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

hmmmm. Maybe if you could get a small 3D printed stage with curtains as the bezel For the screen. (Starts looking into a 3D printer)

The TV looks ridiculous, but a classic stage with red curtains would make a lot of sense.

#76 6 years ago

Has anyone else installed Cliffy's Magic Mirror replacement? I got mine installed last night and it seems to get hung up on the rubbers on the side of it.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I have the wrong size rubbers on the sides? The old one had no issues.
The product itself is fantastic, but I can't figure why this one hangs up and the old one didn't.

Some before / after pics as well.

beforebefore
afterafter

beforebefore
afterafter

after angle 1after angle 1
after angle 2after angle 2

#77 6 years ago

Does the new assembly come with everything, stand, flap, sticker and spring? I got in contact with Cliffys and ordered myself one.

#78 6 years ago

My original one does get csught akso. I read somewhere tgat if you figure 8 the rubbers it doesnt get stuck. Havent tried it yet.
Magicchiz

#79 6 years ago

Are you using silicone or just plain rubber? Silicone is less stretchy and has a tighter fit. Maybe that will work

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Does the new assembly come with everything, stand, flap, sticker and spring? I got in contact with Cliffys and ordered myself one.

Yes, it come with everything, pre-assembled.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

My original one does get csught akso. I read somewhere tgat if you figure 8 the rubbers it doesnt get stuck. Havent tried it yet.
Magicchiz

Hmmmm, I guess I can try that.

Quoted from jboner1058:

Are you using silicone or just plain rubber? Silicone is less stretchy and has a tighter fit. Maybe that will work

I am using plain rubber rings.

Chris

#81 6 years ago

When I installed new rubber rings the mirror was sticking on mine.

#82 6 years ago

Im using red titans.
Magicchiz

2 weeks later
#83 6 years ago

I went for a figure 8 pattern for my magic mirror rubbers and that resolved the sticking problem. 1% of the time it gets stuck despite this and then slams back in place after the first ball kick or vibration on the board.

#84 6 years ago

The rubbers I had on th eposts were too big. They fit, but owed "outward" making the mirror gare stick. I put smaller rubbers which streched the gap more and it is fine now.

Chris

#85 6 years ago

I agree the rubbers are too thick.

Does anyone know if there is a reproduction playfield going to be offered. I'm in need of one.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I agree the rubbers are too thick.
Does anyone know if there is a reproduction playfield going to be offered. I'm in need of one.

Possibly some day.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Hi guys I just scored a ramp and I'm super happy about the deal. Diablo is the pinsider I got it from and he threw in a few other items I don't need. He was awesome to deal with so I'm just going to move the extra items. Two sets of modesty decals, I actually already had a set. These are weird and I would never actually put them on the pin but they are kinda cool to just have if your Phantom fan. If anyone wants a set a couple bucks to cover the postage and I'll mail you one. I also got a set of pop bumper caps the stickers are slightly lifted on two, if you need them again cover the shipping and I'll send them. The last item is the top of the organ, I didn't notice before but mine was missing two sockets on the bottom. I swapped it out so the one I'm moving is missing them. Same as the other items if you need it you can have it for the cost to ship it to you.

Added 170 days ago: The modesty decals are gone.

How much for your pop caps?

#88 6 years ago

Would anyone happen to have an extra subway for the magic mirror to sell me? Mine has 2 holes burned though the plastic from the old flashers. Thank You

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Would anyone happen to have an extra subway for the magic mirror to sell me? Mine has 2 holes burned though the plastic from the old flashers. Thank You

You can still get the subway from Marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5144-00

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You can still get the subway from Marco:

pretty sure all they have in stock is the subway for the organ.

#91 6 years ago

I’ve been looking for that subways for three years. It’s nowhere

#92 6 years ago

Mine isn’t burnt just not NOS for my restoration and has a small crack

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

pretty sure all they have in stock is the subway for the organ.

Darn - I guess I didn’t realize there were two different subways. My game is offsite at the moment so I couldn’t go and look.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Darn - I guess I didn’t realize there were two different subways. My game is offsite at the moment so I couldn’t go and look.

No worries. thanks for looking for me

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Mine isn’t burnt just not NOS for my restoration and has a small crack

BTW your game is looking awesome. The one I picked up was in really good shape. Everything but the playfield. However, it came with a NOS pf that I put in. NOW the game is cherry, but not perfect like yours. I read through your restoration thread. It was a huge help in swapping the PF.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

BTW your game is looking awesome. The one I picked up was in really good shape. Everything but the playfield. However, it came with a NOS pf that I put in. NOW the game is cherry, but not perfect like yours. I read through your restoration thread. It was a huge help in swapping the PF.

Thanks man. If I ever find a nos subway ramp you can just have my old one. It’s not bad and in pretty good shape considering, but I’m going for the whole NOS deal. Still can’t find nos pop caps so now I’m just gonna have to track down as many used caps as I can and pick the best 3. I’ve got several that look close or were the recommended replacement but not the exact.

#97 6 years ago

And that’s awesome it came with a nos playfield. I know of 2 others out there. My nos had a couple of scratches in the clear and loose inserts that had to get repaired by Kruzman.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Has anyone else installed Cliffy's Magic Mirror replacement? I got mine installed last night and it seems to get hung up on the rubbers on the side of it.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I have the wrong size rubbers on the sides? The old one had no issues.
The product itself is fantastic, but I can't figure why this one hangs up and the old one didn't

Note: Magic mirror rubbers are to have a "twist" ( figure8 ) from factory. Not documented.
I saw the game, brand new, at the show and that is how they had the rubber rings done in the
center.

#99 6 years ago

Im in need of a playfield badly. I was hoping someone could copy a NOS one. The pin we have is in rough shape. Even finding a back glass will never happen. Someone scratched the back phantom face and I see no way to repair it.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Im in need of a playfield badly. I was hoping someone could copy a NOS one. The pin we have is in rough shape. Even finding a back glass will never happen. Someone scratched the back phantom face and I see no way to repair it.

Yeah its hard to find parts for this game. My used playfield was actually in pretty good shape, but had lots of touch up at the bottom in the gold area. But when you have a NOS pf you gotta put it in. I gave my old PF to Cliffy. So he should at some point be making protectors for Phantom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/2?hl=mikey39800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.