Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0812_(resized).JPG
    image.jpg
    KAT_Lady-in-Lavendar.jpeg
    image.jpg
    HOPE.jpg
    PhantasmVteaser_big.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

It's confirmed after a long, long wait it's finally coming. And ALL the gang is back BOOOOOOYYYYY !!!!

The best horror film to transcend into a pinball I could ever imagine.

Anyone ????

http://www.fangoria.com/new/phantasm-v-ravager-first-poster-don-coscarelli/

http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/phantasm-5-ravager-headed-our-way-check-out-first-teaser-poster

PhantasmVteaser_big.jpgPhantasmVteaser_big.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Uh....what? lol

#3 10 years ago

No thanks.

Vid might like it though, given his avatar.

#4 10 years ago

Yes please

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Uh....what? lol

You need to get out more Greg. Expose yourself to just more than CA art shows, Family Guy, and Disney/Blue Sky animation

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

You need to get out more Greg. Expose yourself to just more than CA art shows, Family Guy, and Disney/Blue Sky animation

You need to stop looking at people as cliches.....and when you tell someone to "get out more", it usually doesn't refer to watching shitty horror sequels.

No one cares about Phantasm. Far more popular horror franchises....but no one's gonna make a non-comedy horror pin these days anyway. It's a wash, brotha.

#7 10 years ago

Sweet! The first was fantastic, but each sequel since has gotten worse and worse. 4 was pretty bad. But bad Phantasm is still good. I'll definitely be checking out 5. I agree that it would make for a very sweet pinball machine. They could do so much cool stuff with the theme. Unfortunately there's no way it would be a good seller, and realistically it will never happen.

#8 10 years ago

A little confession: I don't like horror movies. Anyone else?

I've always thought it was too intense, but my sister absolutely loves them, so I can't attribute it to my childhood or anything.

#9 10 years ago

A new pinball machine based on a low budget series of horror movies that almost nobody knows about?

Seems right up Stern's alley. They'll probably postpone "Super mega blockbuster hero movie game #6" to rush this into production.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You need to stop looking at people as cliches.
    No one cares about Phantasm. Far more popular horror franchises....but no one's gonna make a non-comedy horror pin these days anyway. It's a wash, brotha.

I know the big boys pinball co. won't make it. But it is a boutique pinball dream.

Big Lebowski, Predator etc... ??? Phantasm has a huge following and could sell probably a few couple 100 units. Hell maybe 1000 units if properly advertised with the licensee.

#11 10 years ago

Im entrenched in the horror genre and Phantasm has a huge following here (not saying that it would cross over to pinball of course). Even a well known pinsider has the Tall Man as an avatar.

#12 10 years ago

Phantasm #1 scared the crap out of me when it came out.

While other horror movies are always just some old idea rehashed (Vampire, ghost, zombie, slasher, psycho kid, possession.....) Phantasm was a theme never done before on film.

HOPE.jpgHOPE.jpg
    #13 10 years ago

I loved phantasm 2 as a kid. The custom shotgun was badass

#14 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgLeast not forget the '71 'Cuda 440

#15 10 years ago

Sweet, looking forward to the next movie!

#16 10 years ago

I've had to sit on this info for a while now. Glad it's been announced.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

I've had to sit on this info for a while now. Glad it's been announced.

You had to be ThatGuy didn't you ?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

You had to be ThatGuy didn't you ?

Ha! Always. At least I didn't name drop.

#19 10 years ago

I posted the link on my Facebook wall this morning when it was announced, Im so excited about this, I was watching the 2nd one just the other night. I will never forget watching the first one, I had to be maybe 9 or 10 years old and my older cousin made me watch it at his house were I was staying the night, he made me sleep under a window and every half hour in the dark he would SCREAM OUT BOYEEEEEEEE! Scared the crap outta me but of course I was hooked on what I believe is one of the BEST B Horror movie cult Classics, and If a pin was done I would be all over it! Angus Scrim Is the Best.......Nobody Scares you like the Tall Man.

Joe(acejedi)

#20 10 years ago

I agree Vid i was very young it was scary. Shit your avatar scares me. That freak with the head stabbin skull drilling flying orbs. So that pin would be right up your alley!

#21 10 years ago

YES!! This is great news! Phantasm rules!!

I think im one of like, seven people who likes part IV. I even had A. Michael Baldwin sign my DVD. I thought that did a good job of tying things up and making sense of the series, but im really curious to see what they do here.

I've always thought Phantasm was an obvious choice for a pinball machine. If I ever make a custom machine, or even a virtual pin, it's going to be Phantasm-themed.

#22 10 years ago

Phantasm would be a great theme...would have to have a Cuda prominently displayed on the BG. Im not sure how many people in their 20's/30's would even be aware of the movie. How bout a Rocky Horror Picture Show machine with "Time Warp" attract mode??

#23 10 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks of Phantasm during the flying ball lock animation in WOZ?

#24 10 years ago

I gave up on the design of a Phantasm pinball machine I was working on. I couldn't figure out how to get those spikes to stop wearing the playfield prematurely

KAT_Lady-in-Lavendar.jpegKAT_Lady-in-Lavendar.jpeg

#25 10 years ago

First teaser trailer just out. All the gang is back including the Cuda.

#26 10 years ago

The original Phantasm was a really well done horror film that is an all time classic--just brilliant--especially considering the budget they must have had to work with. The sequels, not so much. Perhaps things will get back on track with numero cinco...

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A new pinball machine based on a low budget series of horror movies that almost nobody knows about?
    Seems right up Stern's alley. They'll probably postpone "Super mega blockbuster hero movie game #6" to rush this into production.

If a Mustang had been used instead of a smokin' Cuda--this coulda been a really sweet package for Stern...

#28 10 years ago

I have been following these movies since I was a kid. Apparently they had been making the movie in secret the past 2 years! It's awesome to see the full cast return and I hope we see a resolution to the story after all this time. I actually really liked IV, but the cliffhanger at the end wasn't fair... until now! New director this time around. I hope Don kept him on a tight leash.

Brian

#29 10 years ago

I don't know, I thought they all are pretty good - although the first one has classic all over it.

How old is Scrimm? He has to be like 90!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

How old is Scrum? He has to be like 90!

Angus Scrimm 88

#32 10 years ago

I love the movies. It could make a great game.
    Realistically, I don't see it happening. Although, in pinmame/virtual pin it could be done, be awesome and if enough people like it it could be done as a boutique pin.

#33 10 years ago

Wow, I honestly did not know they made more than 2 of these movies.. and I usually love these cheesy Horror flicks.. the new Chucky that was straight to video was actually one of the better ones.. Will have to dig around and see part 3 and 4.. not sure I even remember what part 2 was about...

Too bad they could not put all the horror icons and put them in one game... I know Monster Bash was the classic.. but it would be cool to have Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky and a few other ones in one game.. they could battle each other for kills and such.. would be a pretty fun theme.. granted not family friendly by any means.. but there was a Freddy pinball.. so why not?

#34 10 years ago

For Greg because no one cares about Phantasm

image.jpgimage.jpg
    1 year later
    #35 8 years ago

2016 is the year of Phantasm. Let's go Spooky !
    New 4K transfer of the original film done by JJ Abrams, and part 5 Ravager later this year.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/phantasm-4k-restoration/

#36 8 years ago

Angus Scrimm (The Tall Man) died today.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74141

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Wow I was just saying to myself that I couldn't believe he was still alive. RIP. Sorry for your loss vid

#38 8 years ago

Rest in pieces, Angus.

#39 8 years ago

GNSP

#40 8 years ago

Angus Scrimm, the veteran character actor best known for playing the terrifying “Tall Man” in the Phantasm horror franchise, has died at the age of 89. His other credits included the 2008 film I Sell the Dead, the TV show Alias — on which he had a recurring role — and the spooky audio play series Tales From Beyond the Pale.

EW was informed of Scrimm’s death by his friend and longtime collaborator Don Coscarelli, who directed Scrimm in 1979’s Phantasm and its three subsequent sequels, among other projects.

Scrimm first worked with Coscarelli on the 1976 film Jim, the World’s Greatest but it was his menacing character in the Phantasm series which elevated the actor to the status of a genuine, and much beloved, genre icon. Scrimm recently reprised the role of the Tall Man again in a fifth film, Phantasm: Ravager, which is set for release later this year. Fans will also soon be able to see the actor in a restored version of the franchise’s first film overseen by Star Wars director, and diehard Phantasm aficionado, J.J. Abrams.

“Angus Scrimm passed away peacefully tonight surrounded by his friends and loved one,” Coscarelli wrote, via email. “[His] performance as the Tall Man is a towering achievement in horror film history. He was the last in a long line of classic horror movie stars. He was a terrific actor and an even better friend. He will be missed.”

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still a better idea than Wrestlemania.

EDIT: Ah crap, I got fooled by the necro.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Quoted from vid1900:

Angus Scrimm, the veteran character actor best known for playing the terrifying “Tall Man” in the Phantasm horror franchise, has died at the age of 89. His other credits included the 2008 film I Sell the Dead, the TV show Alias — on which he had a recurring role — and the spooky audio play series Tales From Beyond the Pale.
    EW was informed of Scrimm’s death by his friend and longtime collaborator Don Coscarelli, who directed Scrimm in 1979’s Phantasm and its three subsequent sequels, among other projects.
    Scrimm first worked with Coscarelli on the 1976 film Jim, the World’s Greatest but it was his menacing character in the Phantasm series which elevated the actor to the status of a genuine, and much beloved, genre icon. Scrimm recently reprised the role of the Tall Man again in a fifth film, Phantasm: Ravager, which is set for release later this year. Fans will also soon be able to see the actor in a restored version of the franchise’s first film overseen by Star Wars director, and diehard Phantasm aficionado, J.J. Abrams.
    “Angus Scrimm passed away peacefully tonight surrounded by his friends and loved one,” Coscarelli wrote, via email. “[His] performance as the Tall Man is a towering achievement in horror film history. He was the last in a long line of classic horror movie stars. He was a terrific actor and an even better friend. He will be missed.”
    » YouTube video

Thanks for posting this, The Tall Man was truly frightening! (and will be missed).

#43 8 years ago

Nope, I know the formula here.. He is going to bust out of the coffin and yell 'BOY!' one more time before the credits roll.

I know what I'm watching tonight. RIP

#44 8 years ago

A tribute...

#45 8 years ago

IMG_0812_(resized).JPGIMG_0812_(resized).JPG

#46 8 years ago

Another Phantasm movie is great news indeed.
    RIP Angus.

#47 8 years ago

Saw the original when I was 8 and my dad had to walk my friend home afterward and he only lived next door. Phantasm is a great film we watch it every Halloween. Angus was great as the Tall Man. RIP Angus.

#48 8 years ago

You will be missed, Angus!

Now somebody needs to port this game over to the consoles...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantasim-vravenger-confirmed-pinball-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.