You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-835.jpg
image-390.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm starting to do a FS swap with a nos pf I had clear coated. You can see in the pictures there are some holes (for flashers and wiring) that are missing from the nos. There are also a few other differences in some of the hole placements in the upper part.

Would like to get some thoughts on if I should drill these the match the production game. Also looking for any tips, tricks, and advice on what people to to match up holes as the pf has nothing dimpled on the back

Thanks - erik
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-390.jpgimage-390.jpg
image-835.jpgimage-835.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I've done the no holes dimpled on backside of PF swap before. It seems really shitty at first, but isn't end of the world. I traced the dimples and existing holes on the PF in sections of 8.5x11 paper. There's no need to stencil/trace the entire PF in one single sheet, and that has a better chance of becoming inaccurate as opposed to isolated sections.

Also keep in mind not all the screw holes have to be perfect, I mean some are just light sockets and switch mounts for rollovers (common sense applies here). Be concerned more with the the alignment of the actual mechs.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the tip

Have you done one where there were really obvious differences in holes size and placement topside?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Thanks for the tip
Have you done one where there were really obvious differences in holes size and placement topside?

Nope sorry haven't ran into that. If they are truly only holes related to wiring routes for things on the topside, I would see if it's possible to just wire it back up with the holes/routes you have. Obviously if things get too taught you will probably have to consider drilling.

If you resort to drilling I don't think it's that big of a deal since it seems you are only dealing with bare wood holes that are for wiring.

The game I did the no dimples with was a NGG, I killed myself trying to make it the nicest NGG out there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104572135352471614804/NGG02?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPbD26iw5cuvMQ&feat=directlink

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts Dave.

I'll see how this goes. Seems I took on more with than I initially thought.

I'm going to start a pf swap thead on this game maybe post some pics later tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pf-swap-when-things-dont-line-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.