You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9779 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_6160 (resized).JPG
IMG_6159 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlgills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I just had my AFM professionally restored with a new playfield from Mirco. I installed a playfield protector on day one. Mega wet spot right in the center of my game. Seems like the plastic uses the LED gi like a fiber optic and enhances the effect of the wet look. Also my led gi bulbs are only at 45%. I emailed playfield protector and they responded in minutes. They advised I lift part of the protector and use a hair drier to remove moisture. After I did so with zero results I emailed again to see what to do next with no response. Seems like your on your own if you have this issue. This is what I did.

Clean terry cloth, wipe with naphtha and repeat about 10 times with a new clean cloth every time. Playfield and protector got this treatment. Each time better than the last. Turns out naphtha is ok with my protector. Been three days and wet look has not returned. There are still little tiny areas left but 95 percent better. Suspect its silicone from polish or something similar.

IMG_9753 (resized).JPGIMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9779 (resized).JPGIMG_9779 (resized).JPG

#11 6 years ago

Not a real watery wet spot. Just the effect of what looks like a "wet spot" to others that might be playing the game. They are like "whats up with that spot on your new game?" It might be normal and ok but doesn't rub me the right way when its a huge area. I will continue to purchase this product because so far they have proven to be great otherwise. I have them on 6 of my games.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Who sells the best protectors and are all the same when it comes to installation?

Playfield Protectors is my favorite even with the spots or molted areas. They are thin and seem to hold up better than the one in my TZ ( Manufacter unkown) and my Hobbit (installed at factory). No unwanted spots or molted areas on them though. I figure its a matter of time before the spot or molten thing is figured out and will be a resolution to eliminate it. Time will tell. Until then I will keep buying them. I have had to trim up the playfield protectors brand on a few games for a better fit but it is to be expected.

#34 6 years ago

Same experience here. Older games seem to be ok with the protectors. I have good results with my Popeye, TZ and Corvette. All original playfields and waxed with paste wax before installing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlgills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pf-protectors?tu=atlgills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.