By Fishbeadtwo

2 months ago

Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6160 (resized).JPG
IMG_6159 (resized).JPG

#1 85 days ago

I have games that get ALOT of use so I elected to buy pf protectors from an overseas supplier. The most recent one is for Star Wars pro. I have recently seen
Some "mottleing" or what appears to be residue on the pf side of the protector. Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 85 days ago

Do you have photos? I'm not sure what you're describing.

#3 85 days ago

Are you referring to "wet" spots under the protector? If so, yes its very common and nothing to worry about. Small trade-off for the added benefits.

#4 85 days ago

yeah I had no idea what the hell that was either when I first saw it. it's alot more prevalent on some games then others, Especially if the game was brand new when you put it on.
I assumed it had to do something with the new clearcoat. Like thundergod76 said nothing to worry about, just sucks that it looks wet.

The other thing that kinda sucks is on some games, mainly sterns the protector seems to lift in certain areas. I've been using that double sided tape, that cliffy uses on his protectors to get it back down. Doesn't affect gameplay just looks weird when the ball rolls over that area. Assuming this is due to the uneven areas though the playfield. That's if the protector isn't pushed up on something like a post.

Pro's far outweigh the Con's IMO.

#5 85 days ago

IMG_6159 (resized).JPG

IMG_6160 (resized).JPG

#6 85 days ago

We have a playfield protector and a full set of Cliffys fitted on every machine we own. They are a pain to put on and a little painful to look after as you have to vacuum the machine every time you clean it to stop the dirt and dust getting under the protector. We have fitted playfield protector to 3 NIB Sterns and each one has the issue in your photos. Ours are not as bad as that as we ask our distro not to wax or spay anything on the playfield before we get it. I believe this is the wax or polish applied to the playfield at the factory. It is extremely hard to get off. We do our best to get as much off as we can with novus no1 before putting the protector on. Once we start playing the machine, we have a long piece of flexible plastic and push a microfiber rag in between the playfield and the playfield protector until the wax is gone. Process is quick but It takes a while before the wax is gone.

Up side is ball scratches the shit out of the protector not PF, no ball track marks on PF, much less dimpling, no stuffing around with mylar, no mushrooming of magnets, The list goes on and on. You can still Novus no 1 & 2 the playfield protector and machine plays like lightening. Machines are very easy to sell with a nice minty playfield. Surprisingly, most people ask us to take the protector off before giving them the machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
$ 11.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Indianapolis, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 65.00
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
$ 5,499.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside