IMG_20190427_130041 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_130032 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_130029 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_130024 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_125814 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_125804 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_125256 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190427_125209 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

I managed to pick up the Peyper Wolf Man with the Shrek translite today. For those who saw the post in the Project Pin thread, here is what I wound up with.
The seller was great, he had the pin in his house for 10+ years and as I suspected, swapped out the "risque" translite for the Shrek one because of the kids in the neighborhood playing it. OMG Boobs !!!!!. The original was not in the cabinet and he doesn't know where it is but I told him I would pay for his time and shipping if he could find it in the house. Fingers crossed.
When I got there I went to rotate down the head....... here is where it started to go bad. I drive a ford escape, I have to remove / rotate down the head from all pins to make them fit. Well this one had no hinges (here is red flag #1), it also had no head bolts, it did however have at least 6 screws holding the head to the cabinet...... from the inside of the cabinet........ no worries right ?. We just lift the playfield and reach in, only the screws are at an angle that's just not possible..... I wind up having to remove the head from the cabinet without it's bottom panel. Load the pin in the car without getting tetanus and head home.
Once i got it home I was able to really figure things out. At some point the hinges were removed and the holes filled with black caulk. The back panel was replaced (I'm guessing around the same time) and someone decided that while they had the back panel off they would screw the head to the cabinet.
The good side, the plastics and playfield are in great condition. I am still trying to figure out how the playfield tilt handles were supposed to work but the electronic ball launch was in interesting unexpected surprise. Most of the leg bolt brackets were stripped so I need a few more parts before I can get it on it's legs. I'm not sure how I will attack the back panel / head bottom panel yet but for $200 I'm still pretty happy I got it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s so sad! You have to willingly rip the head off?! Damn. The game looks gorgeous though, best of luck!

10 months later
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

On step closer to reviving this project. (reprinted translite)[quoted image]

That’s legendary! The one project I’m sad I let slip through my mitts!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peyper-wolf-man-shrek-combination?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.