Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-12-12_selfie_mode_discovery.gif
    2017-08-26_Selfie Mode.gif
    images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

I don’t really see how putting your picture on the screen is a feature that players care about or request. Yank the cameras out and use that money on something else for the build. Nobody cares about this feature or wants it.

It sounds like a lot of people like the feature. As an owner of both Dialed In and Pirates I think the camera feature is innovative and adds another layer of fun to games. When I see high score pics on location from Dialed In, Pirates, and Wonka probably 95% of the reactions are people smiling. The other 5% are usually looks of confusion or no reaction lol.

It's cool seeing high score pictures in Dialed In plus the funny reactions during the selfie mode, and your picture on a high score wanted poster in Pirates. Pinball is fun and I think the camera feature in JJP games only adds to the fun experience that pinball offers.

The camera haters may want to ask why other manufacturers are charging the same price (or more) for games without a camera + all the programming work that goes into it. It's not because they are putting the money into other areas either...that's for sure.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Have you priced cameras lately? That camera costs the same or less than a single coil and not to mention there is basically no software code to be written. Its a cheap gimmick no matter how you look at it. I would much rather have something interactive on the playfield than on the screen. I can understand putting the camera on DI because of the theme, but not on every game. Even JJP had to admit this is not for everyone and finally put a disable feature on the camera because so many people were complaining and so many cameras were being disabled or covered with duct tape on location.

Why not have more on the playfield + the camera? That's what JJP has done. Why can't other manufacturers do the same that are charging similar prices?

Also, it sounds like you are well underestimating the programming work. Yes, taking the picture itself isn't that difficult. Integrating pictures with gameplay, mapping to high scores, using image recognition to map an eye patch over eyes, etc takes far more work. I suppose if it was so easy anyone would be doing it...

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Camera doesn't make sense on most games and a lot of people flat out don't like them. I would like to have a T-Rex head eating balls on every game if we can use your logic.

Seems like operators are saying otherwise and one in this thread has even shown proof. I have no doubt that some people don't like the camera feature, it just seems like a majority of players find it fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-to-move-jjp-cameras?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.