(Topic ID: 45048)

Petition to get Stern to build a "Game of Thrones" pinball.

By quixand

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post-45235-GRRM-beetles-meme-Imgur-George-iDR6.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I got to speaking with a rep from Stern about getting a Game of Thrones pinball made.

She loved the idea, and suggested I started an online petition to show the company there is demand for this pin.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-sterns-to-make-a-game-of-thrones-pinball

There it is. I think this would make for an AMAZING pin, and one I'd be lining up to buy.
    Please share this link to anyone you know would enjoy it!

#2 11 years ago

I would rather they wait until the series is on the last season to get the entire story.

#3 11 years ago

Spartacus......

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I would rather they wait until the series is on the last season to get the entire story.

I tend to agree.

#5 11 years ago

Stern and George RR Martin are a perfect match. Unfinished codes and unfinished series.

#6 11 years ago

I want one. Would rather it be off the books than the series but to each their own.

#7 11 years ago

No way. It would need to be extremely violent and have plenty of nudity to be faithful. If Stern touched it, it would be so watered down it would be pointless anyway. Stern doesn't do adult themes either. Way too narrow audience.

#8 11 years ago

I could see this happening. Remember what they did with the Sopranos?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I could see this happening. Remember what they did with The Sopranos?

I didn't think about the sopranos. How did it sell? And have they done one before that or since?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I could see this happening. Remember how they butchered The Sopranos?

Fixed.

#11 11 years ago

Oz or Deadwood

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Stern and George RR Martin are a perfect match. Unfinished codes and unfinished series.

I'm really wondering exactly how George RR Martin can possibly tie the books up with just two more novels. He has so many open plot lines going with so many characters that it just seems like it is going to be tough to pull off without some kind of cheap end . . . which would be extremely sad to see because those books are the best fantasy books I have ever read (by far) including the entire Shannara series and the Lord of the Rings.

#13 11 years ago

I am happy to just have more pinball period, so I will of course support this petition.

#14 11 years ago

Oh lord, please not Oz. No one wants a "Dropped the Bar of Soap Multiball" unleashed on them (they would have to borrow the name of the wizard mode from FGY for the final jackpot).

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm really wondering exactly how George RR Martin can possibly tie the books up with just two more novels.

I love the books as well. And have been waiting for years to read the finish. I think the problem is that he confused himself and has no clue how to wrap them up.

#16 11 years ago

In. Great show.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

I love the books as well. And have been waiting for years to read the finish. I think the problem is that he confused himself and has no clue how to wrap them up.

I think you are correct here. Bringing all of this full circle could not be easy for anyone. I really thought the last book was going to start closing a couple plot lines, but he just kept introducing more new view point characters and opening up more . . . each book is awesome stand alone and the series as it sits today is one great series . . . but George is no spring chicken and he is not a prolific writer, I'm deeply concerned the series won't be completed.

Anyway, a pin based on the series sure would be cool. That said, Iceman pointed to Spartacus, that series actually ends this year and even though it only last three full seasons and one prequel season it sure was a fun ride. I'd be interested in a Spartacus pin theme.

#18 11 years ago

Forget the books, new pinball game people. P I N B A L L!

#19 11 years ago

Also concerned that the series won't be completed.... So I'm all for ol Georgie boy to sign off on a pin license!

#20 11 years ago

that would be great but they should wait another year or two.

#21 11 years ago

JJPs next pin should be Oz. Perfect follow up, nearly the same theme and tone.

#22 11 years ago

I would love to see a pin based on it. Even without finishing the story, I think you could fill it with enough elements to satisfy everyone.

I'm also unfortunately of the mindset that we won't see an end to the story. At least not told by him.

#23 11 years ago

You guys and your unfinished story..........

It is finished already just not on your cable channel.

But yeah PINBALL FTW.

#24 11 years ago

Really, really want this theme! Obvious NIB buy for me. BUT it would have to be a brutal game. None of this long long game crap, just as you think you know what you're doing BANG ball dies, drains, goes in the wrong direction........ Got to Love Mr Martin.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

It is finished already just not on your cable channel

How is it finished? There are at least two books yet to be written.

#26 11 years ago

I hope not. The pin would be just as slow moving as the show is.

I vote for Spartacus as well. With T&A galore.

#27 11 years ago

Daley those are afterthoughts. Only being written because HBO requested more. It was finished and now is being creatively extended. Pinball game of thrones would be amazing.

#28 11 years ago

Does anyone watch "The Good Wife" on Sunday night. It's a great show. I'll bet that would make a great pinball machine too....

#29 11 years ago

I'm only just starting to watch the show, it would be a good theme for a game, but because it has so many diverse plotlines running simultaneously, it would be impossible to make everyone happy with the content in the game.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Daley those are afterthoughts. Only being written because HBO requested more. It was finished and now is being creatively extended. Pinball game of thrones would be amazing.

?????????????????????????????????????????

It`s way to early for a pinball game. And it was not finished! It was in no way finished in the books.

http://www.adriasnews.com/2012/10/george-r-r-martin-interview.html?spref=tw

#31 11 years ago

I think hbo have creative license to finish the series the way they want as they wont be able to wait around for martin to finish it.

I'd def be in. Especially if the head unit is a throne!

#32 11 years ago

not interested.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Daley those are afterthoughts. Only being written because HBO requested more.

I would guess you have never read the books, or you would know how untrue this statement is.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Pinball game of thrones would be amazing.

Don't agree with this either. I don't think it would translate well to a pin because the plot is so complex.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

What are you talking about? I have been reading these books since years before the HBO series and met George R R Martin years before the HBO series, and we still have not reached the number of books he was talking about back then. Not to mention that the end of the series will come with the death or victory of Daenerys, which neither has happened, so why would you say it is finished?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh lord, please not Oz. No one wants a "Dropped the Bar of Soap Multiball" unleashed on them (they would have to borrow the name of the wizard mode from FGY for the final jackpot).

But think of the possibilities for a gobble hole.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Daley those are afterthoughts. Only being written because HBO requested more.

Where did you get this idea from? The book series won't be finished for at least another 7 years. Probably more given how slowly Martin writes.

#37 11 years ago

As someone who started reading this series in the 90's, I'll say that this kind of enthusiasm is not uncommon in your first year or so as a ASOIAF fan. But give it a bit.

What you're about to watch this coming season I read in 2003 as a Storm of Swords (the best book in the series, BY FAR). 10 years ago. In those 10 years I got two new books, which were half the story in each - so more like 1 book, and very little story progression.

They of course made many errors in casting/etc with the HBO series, but overall it's not bad. BUT one thing you ASOIAF newbs need to know: George RR Martin does not like to write anymore. He used to love it, and now hates it. He has at least two more big fat books to write before the end of the series, which could be another 10 years, probably more. He was run out of television years ago as a struggling series script writer, and this is his big return and he is savoring it, traveling to every show, every appearance, any and everywhere he can find a camera wanting to interview him, anything but writing the future books...

There's no way Stern makes a pinball based on a half finished book series, which may never be finished. The End.

#38 11 years ago

Followed by Boardwalk Empire when that series ends as well.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

But think of the possibilities for a gobble hole.

LMAO . . . yea, and the "bash toy" could be pretty funny too . . . too funny.

8 months later
    #40 10 years ago

Bump.... Yeah game of thrones pinball!!!!

#41 10 years ago

Here you go.

Earlier this month, grizzled sea captain and Game of Thrones mastermind George R. R. Martin warned his overeager fans that he needs some space if they want him to ever finish The Winds of Winter, the sixth novel of his A Song of Fire and Ice series. Despite that warning, Martin continues to be pressured by devotees who simply want more of his addictive fantasy series. Just this week, on Empire Magazine’s Webcast, the author was asked, for the billionth time, about the a Winds of Winter finish date. “When it’s done!” he snapped into the mic.

Asked how he will possibly wind up all of the story’s sprawling threads in the next two books, Martin revealed that he has a back-up plan. “Two big books, 1,500 manuscript pages each—that’s 3,000 pages,” Martin says of the space he has to wrap up. “I think I have a good shot. And you know, if I really get pressed, I’ve already established that red comet. I can just have it hit Westeros and wipe out all life,” he says.

While he has not outlined the tale’s conclusion, the author says that he has “a broad sense of where the story is going—I know the end, I know the end of the principal characters, and I know the major turning points and events from the books, the climaxes for each book, but I don't necessarily know each twist and turn along the way.”

As for whether the author will make a cameo in HBO’s Game of Thrones, Martin says he filmed a cameo that was cut from the original pilot. He has also “investigated the idea of being a head on a spike” but says the production cost is too expensive. So if anyone has a prop company, specializing in severed heads customized to look like real people, now is your chance to volunteer your services—perhaps offering a discount in exchange for a Winds of Winter publication date.

#42 10 years ago

Hasn't Gary stated that with the underwhelming response to 24 and csi that tv themes are off the play book?

#43 10 years ago

For it to be Game of Thrones (in my eyes) this thing would need more T&A than one of these new "alternative" translites and game modes like whore house multiball that would make even the tube dancers on BBB blush to truly be a Game of Thrones theme. Not sure, but I don't think Stern could/would do this properly as stated above by a few others as well.

#44 10 years ago

How popular is GOT in Europe?

I know Gary always says that 50% of his sales go to Europe, so any theme has to be very popular there. That is why Stern ended up cancelling the Guantanamo Bay pin.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

How popular is GOT in Europe?I know Gary always says that 50% of his sales go to Europe, so any theme has to be very popular there. That is why Stern ended up cancelling the Guantanamo Bay pin.

That is why an Iron Maiden pin will be made.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

How popular is GOT in Europe?
    I know Gary always says that 50% of his sales go to Europe, so any theme has to be very popular there. That is why Stern ended up cancelling the Guantanamo Bay pin.

It is relatively popular - at least among young people (my sons and their friends).

6 months later
    #47 9 years ago

Petition not needed, it's a GO

#48 9 years ago

He is now saying he might need a 8th book. I have heard this BS song and dance way tooooo many times before with epic fantasy writers. First it is a trilogy. Then they need 5 book. Then they need 8. Then it never ends or they die without writing down an outline. I just finished book 3 (which is excellent) but I don't think I have the stamina to put up with more of his nonsense for another 10,000 pages.

#49 9 years ago

Ritchie is up and a new display. May be killer

#50 9 years ago

To be really true to form whenever you start to have a really good ball and get into a flow the game should just BAM out of nowhere "kill" your ball just as you're getting attached to it.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-to-get-stern-to-build-a-game-of-thrones-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.