the videos have been degraded

Please STERN,
restore the old videos
which are much better

image-995.jpgimage-995.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I agree

#4 9 years ago

Are you talking about the 1.6 code or VE code?

#5 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/20#post-1805104

Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I took a look at the 1.4 rom vs the 1.81 rom that IMve ships with in Pinball Browser. The DMD animations are the exact same dots for at least the Jericho animation, when Whiplash is making his weapon, and the Match animation.

Maybe the LED makes it look worse than a plasma display?

#6 9 years ago

If I'd get off my butt and learn the HD Pyprocgame stuff Mike & Josh wrote, I could get started on HD Ironman. So far though, too lazy.

#7 9 years ago

Just another way that the original is better.

I lost my flamesuit...

#8 9 years ago

The video has always been exactly the same. It just looks better on a plasma DMD than an LED DMD. And even then, it never looked great.

#9 9 years ago

This is true the animations are crap. IM and SM have always been top candidates for colorDMD, as I can't even tell what the animations are half the time.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This is true the animations are crap. IM and SM have always been top candidates for colorDMD, as I can't even tell what the animations are half the time.

Unfortunately, the animation style of both IM and SM (movie clips rather than animations) renders colorDMD essentially useless, at least from what I've seen so far.

#11 9 years ago

Someone should use PinBrowser to replace those movie clips with some bad-ass dots. I wish had dot skills.

2 months later
#12 9 years ago

Check this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon/page/3#post-2147375

Looks like Iron Man is on the list to get a makeover... let's hope this helps the situation some for IMve.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Check this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon/page/3#post-2147375
Looks like Iron Man is on the list to get a makeover... let's hope this helps the situation some for IMve.

Yes but would providing full color help with the cripness of the dmd?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes but would providing full color help with the cripness of the dmd?

It seems like colorizing the low rez movie clips with limited color pallets would make the display look worse, not better. With everything in monochrome your brain can fill in any number of colors as they would be, but locked down to just 16, I think the film clips will look really odd. Probably bad.

Now this, however:

Would look a lot better

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It seems like colorizing the low rez movie clips with limited color pallets would make the display look worse, not better. With everything in monochrome your brain can fill in any number of colors as they would be, but locked down to just 16, I think the film clips will look really odd. Probably bad.
Now this, however: » YouTube video
Would look a lot better

I think I love you Priepke.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would look a lot better

You keep teasing us with this. What is this? Something you are actually working on? So it's a LCD? Time table for this thing? Price?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You keep teasing us with this. What is this? Something you are actually working on? So it's a LCD? Time table for this thing? Price?

I think Mike and the guys with the PMD will do Iron Man Justice though.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes, it's unfair. I'm evil. Obviously it's not something I'd be able to distribute when finished, but I am working on it for myself. Maybe if I get it far enough along I'll take it to expo this year.

#19 9 years ago

Back on topic with colorizing actual ironman ...

This might help illustrate the difference between SmartDMD's coloring and ColorDMDs.

This image is from my CCC color, which is similar in result (but not method) to ColorDMD:

16vs48.png16vs48.png

With SmartDMD, you get a 16 color pallette, so you'd only have the colors in the blue boxes. With ColorDMD (and my method) the brightness is retained in addition to the color, so you get 48 colors - since WMS games used 3 levels of brightness. On stern games, you get even more variations of shade due to them using 10 levels.

So coloring a clip of film that SHOULD have a lot of colors in various levels with only 16 colors would be problematic. Maybe if the ironman stuff goes for full color on the hand drawn bits and monochrome in the film clips that would be a decent middle road. IMHO, of course.

2 months later
#20 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would look a lot better

Hot dam, that video is so awesome!!!

Is this something we might see in our IMs someday. So sick!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The video has always been exactly the same. It just looks better on a plasma DMD than an LED DMD. And even then, it never looked great.

Agreed. Newer led displays stock on sterns aren't great. Get a colordmd.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This might help illustrate the difference between SmartDMD's coloring and ColorDMDs.

Damn, how did I miss this graphic when I was doing my ColorDMD vs Smart DMD comparison thread??

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would look a lot better

Do it!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would look a lot better

Genius, genius, genius!!!

#25 9 years ago

My biggest hold up is a fear of getting the rules/audio just right. I don't really want to change it (much, maybe a skillshot, and some other minor fixes). That and needing really great art for the bits not from the movie, like the drones and ironman letters.

It sure would be awesome though

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My biggest hold up is a fear of getting the rules/audio just right. I don't really want to change it (much, maybe a skillshot, and some other minor fixes). That and needing really great art for the bits not from the movie, like the drones and ironman letters.
It sure would be awesome though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-iron-man-uncompressed-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.