Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1773 (resized).jpeg
8E7E3A98-BB40-4005-9CDC-47AA524CBC7F (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I, and the undersigned (pinsiders in the comments), hereby demand that Stern Pinball not ever make any more Ghostbusters machines. Manufacturing additional Ghostbusters pinball machines would be too profitable for Stern, and capitalizing on renewed interest in the franchise sparked by the successful and popular new movie would lead people to believe that there is competent leadership at the company. Furthermore, making new Ghostbusters pinball machines would harm the current scalpers trying to sell their games for five figure markups.

Stern Pinball, please do not make any new Ghostbusters machines.

#2 2 years ago

I believe Stern will vault GB. It's just my opinion but I think it will have changes as well. I think Dwight S is on record for saying he'd be for a closer gapped GB vault. Not to get anyone in hot water just my impression. Is Stern due for a vault?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I believe Stern will vault GB. It's just my opinion but I think it will have changes as well. I think Dwight S is on record for saying he'd be for a closer gapped GB vault. Not to get anyone in hot water just my impression. Is Stern due for a vault?

With the backlog and supply chain issues they have, I doubt they do a vault anytime soon.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

With the backlog and supply chain issues they have, I doubt they do a vault anytime soon.

Agreed. They can't get the materials to make current, active titles... why would they vault something. I believe I heard they are currently backordered well north of 10,000 machines as of early Nov... (I can't remember the exact number but my jaw hit the floor when I heard it)...

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think they are due; I believe ST was the last one. However, they are running a backlog at the moment so I am not sure they are in the best position to do a release any time in the imminent future.

GB would make the most sense as the movie has been freshly released and there is clear demand (as evidenced by the ridiculous secondhand prices).

I REALLY hope they do release a VE and address the flipper gap; if they do this they will simultaneously fix the one and only major flaw with the game AND likely make a few Pinside heads explode when the resale values on "originals" decrease by 30+% overnight, lol.

#6 2 years ago

No need to adjust the flipper gap, games would be too long (but I guess you can put lightning flippers then if you want)

#7 2 years ago

They scrapped Trudeau's deadpool and started from scratch because they didn't want any association with him. They're going to bring back the machine he designed immediately before that one?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

They scrapped Trudeau's deadpool and started from scratch because they didn't want any association with him. They're going to bring back the machine he designed immediately before that one?

Why not? The demand is clearly there. The game isn't about Trudeau, and most people aren't even aware of that whole mess.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Why not? The demand is clearly there. The game isn't about Trudeau, and most people aren't even aware of that whole mess.

Guess it would be a fight of how much Stern wants that dollar dollar bill versus not having any chance of being seen as continuing to profit from the work of a pedophile...

Frankly, I wouldn't be at all shocked if the profits was a larger consideration for them. They've practically proven at this point, you CAN sell *anything* in pinball right now and make a murder off it.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Neither was deadpool.

Stern sells everything they make and has a backlog 10k long. Don't see the need or desire to bring back a machine that runs on the old hardware which also happened to be designed by a convicted pedophile.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Neither was deadpool.
Stern sells everything they make and has a backlog 10k long. Don't see the need or desire to bring back a machine that runs on the old hardware which also happened to be designed by a convicted pedophile.

I wonder if JT would still get royalties if they ever did remake and sell more of this terrible fucking game.

Did they have any kind of a "morality clause?"

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if JT would still get royalties if they ever did remake and sell more of this terrible fucking game.
Did they have any kind of a "morality clause?"

I doubt it. Does Steve Richie still get paid when they vault ST now that he left?

I thought the last Vault was Iron Man, where’s an accurate account of every game vaulted and when? Even on the Pinside database it’s hard to find the different releases

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I doubt it. Does Steve Richie still get paid when they vault ST now that he left?
I thought the last Vault was Iron Man, where’s an accurate account of every game vaulted and when? Even on the Pinside database it’s hard to find the different releases

They seem to do this shit pretty quietly. Did Iron Man even get a press release last year?

I had zero idea it had been released until I was owned by a Pinsider.

I wonder...why wouldn't Steve Ritchie still get his royalties? Why wouldn't Nordman get his Elvira royalties?

David Lee Roth still got his royalties from 1984 in 1994.

#14 2 years ago

I agree they shouldn't make more, but because it's a heap of shit, not all the weird things you were saying.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

David Lee Roth still got his royalties from 1984 in 1994.

RocknRollgument!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

RocknRollgument!

Yes, there’s lots of different guments for sure.

I never said we can’t compare pinball to anything.

It’s always been more about my frustration with people insisting on always comparing pinball - and everything on the planet - to cars, even when it makes no fuckin sense.

Thank you drive thru!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I never said we can’t compare pinball to anything.

Oh its a thing I do, it wasn't pointed at you.

#17 2 years ago

Just no Trudeau “license plate” editions @25k. Thanks.

8E7E3A98-BB40-4005-9CDC-47AA524CBC7F (resized).jpeg8E7E3A98-BB40-4005-9CDC-47AA524CBC7F (resized).jpeg

#18 2 years ago

I petition that Stern should build all the back ordered games people have deposits down for instead of releasing a new game and getting further behind.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I petition that Stern should build all the back ordered games people have deposits down for instead of releasing a new game and getting further behind.

I petition that the dozens of people your plan will put out of work go to live at your house for a year or until whenever the backlog is exhausted.

#20 2 years ago

The #1 sign of a successful business is having demanding customers. If your clientele is complacent you are in deep trouble.

#21 2 years ago

I would be willing to let my premium go for $15k lol.

1 year later
#22 4 months ago

Ok so let’s do a remake but update it some. I can’t afford the scalp prices, but would love to see it updated with a full lcd makeover. Add more code, new movie clips.

#23 4 months ago
Quoted from jamesmauler1:

Ok so let’s do a remake but update it some

Go ahead.
But I don't see Stern doing that any time soon, for the many reasons above plus the added cost to redesign a game taking nearly as much effort as a new game design from scratch.

3 months later
#24 31 days ago

Here we are with another ghostbusters movie coming out and an immeasurable amount of licensed ghostbusters merchandise hitting shelves, and yet stern is sitting on a popular already designed game that commands crazy prices on the second hand market and they do nothing.

#25 31 days ago

Seeing the want for the game now i find interesting. All the piss and moan back in 2016. Then the games being sold because of this and that or other something bad. Then a public relations issue for stern. They had a option to make more them but passed. I still like the people who got the game more then once and dumped it now want it again. Do i think stern didn't produce enough of them probably.

As another game come out at the pace their going Ghostbuster games will be sold in favor of a new game. Stern is to busy selling over priced cost reduced games. Then laughing at the topper pricing as they count their money.

#26 31 days ago

The demand is probably from new people who haven’t played it but see the theme and pretty art (take note what drives product demand A.P.)

#27 31 days ago

Also I’m curious if Stern even wants to re-run non-IC games. Might be part of why Met will be redone

#28 31 days ago

You know what, if you didn't score one when they were available, sorry!!

#29 31 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Here we are with another ghostbusters movie coming out and an immeasurable amount of licensed ghostbusters merchandise hitting shelves, and yet stern is sitting on a popular already designed game that commands crazy prices on the second hand market and they do nothing.

IMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpeg
#30 29 days ago

Frozen Empire here next Thursday!!

#31 29 days ago

I just got tickets for Sunday. We are super looking forward to seeing this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 103.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-stern-pinball-to-not-make-more-ghostbusters-machines?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.