Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Petition for Stern Pinball to move QR reader from apron to coin door”

• Yes-I petition Stern to move the QR reader to the coin door location or provide a kit to do so 48 votes
      18%
    • No-the QR reader does not bother me and I prefer it be kept on the apron location 95 votes
      36%
    • Prefer to have QR reader provided as a kit that can be installed in either location or left off 49 votes
      19%
    • I like Pizza 70 votes
      27%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

qr sideways (resized).jpg
    qr coindoor (resized).jpg
    qr kit (resized).jpg
    Stoner Bro (resized).jpg
    hear the chatter.gif
    calling bs (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    QR reader example (resized).jpg
    PinGulp (resized).jpg
    CupFone XL (resized).jpg
    aprongate2 (resized).jpg
    aprongate (resized).jpg
    Pizza!.gif
    I like pizza.gif
    Rolling eyes gif.gif
    BA446787-216C-440F-A294-A4CA7B7FDA09 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 2 years ago

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

let's start a petition to drop the Node boards and go back to Whitestar please

Same energy

#72 2 years ago

Are we not gonna talk about the real elephant in the room? Nobody has quarters anymore, those are only good for springing the lock on a piggy bank full of more stupid quarters. Keep the QR scanner on the apron, put the DBA where the quarter slots were, and where the DBA is, put something that punches you in the junk whenever you start a stupid thread on Pinside (yes, yes, I would be vulnerable too but at least I would think twice).

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I just think the sticker advertising insider connected on the head of the machine is ugly and a waste of space.

It comes right off. I’ll put it on my refrigerator, and direct the IC newbies there to register.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I also want to say God Bless America and being able to have the freedom to make choices

Does that include letting manufacturers make choices?

I’ve been skeptical of almost every change Stern has made, but eventually realized they were right. Metal heads, LEDs, node board re-architecture, lockbar clasps - all smart moves that I didn’t like at first, but quickly got over.

I’ll see if I can find one of my old posts bitching about LED GI. I know I’d be embarrassed now.

#126 2 years ago

Wow, I just now realized that the price card is gone. About time, since the price is on the LCD anyway.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

On a more serious note, have we figured out why a camera is needed in the first place, other than for Stern to sell kits? Have each machine display its own unique QR code on its LCD panel and then use that code in conjunction with the fact that each player can be logged in to and therefore identified and tracked by an Insider Connected app on their Apple or Android phone. Boom. Done.

The nice thing about the QR reader is that you can screenshot or print out your code; you don’t have to be logged in. I’m making a laminated card for mine - might even get a tattoo on my wrist.

#142 2 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-stern-pinball-to-move-qr-reader-from-apron-to-coin-door?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.