22%

(341 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FA6383E-8945-4241-8EAC-306D9FA95975.gif
rqwCH (resized).jpg
deadpool-s-queerest-moments-819518 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Please post vote and post your thoughts.

I would like to see 3 modes Adult, Moderate and Family.

DEAR STERN,

This a a friendly shout out PETITION from the pinball community- we want optional modes in Deadpool like Family Guy.

PLEASE

#2 5 years ago

I think you made a mistake dividing the "yes I want an adult mode" vote into two groups. It makes it look distilled against the one clump of "no adult mode" votes.

#3 5 years ago

I don't think you'll get it. When Gomez was asked, it was a pretty blunt "no". It may be a condition from the licensor as well.

#4 5 years ago

Since you posted this demand in EVERY Deadpool thread I thought I would reply in the same fashion. You could simply ask them to swap the Premium theme music cassette with a Eddie Murphy Raw if you need the game to cuss at you while you play? I think this bridge has been crossed and personally I think its a wise decision for Stern a family company technically selling toys... I am sure someone will find a creative way to make their game drop F-bombs everytime you plunge the ball but for me I am in it for the game and would not want that option for my family nor my guests with families. In a bar sure, but most of these games are not finding bars, they are finding family oriented establishments. If they were building machines Exclusively for One person or group your demand might stick but not in a public toy manufacturing company. JMO.

#5 5 years ago

Someone will hack together an r rated package from either the movies or the video game.

I’d rather see stern spend resources on adding modes and making the existing stuff as deep and polished as possible.

#6 5 years ago

It ain’t Deadpool without an R rating.

There’s been several dozen comments on the script so far regarding the “timeless/lameness”. A handful of colourful and traditional Deadpool lines of the R rated genre would be amazing.

#7 5 years ago

Soprano's has 3 setting and that was a Gomez design so I don't see why they couldn't do it with Deadpool.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Soprano's has 3 setting and that was a Gomez design so I don't see why they couldn't do it with Deadpool.[quoted image]

I can see how a theme made up after mobsters in a strip club could be compared to a comic book theme..?

#10 5 years ago

Yeah one of Deadpool’s biggest features is his foul mouth and NSFW content. This game really came out very G rated. Even some bleeps might have worked. It’s like having an NWA machine and Ice Cube only recites lines from “Are We There Yet?”

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah one of Deadpool’s biggest features is his foul mouth and NSFW content. This game really came out very G rated. Even some bleeps might have worked. It’s like having an NWA machine and Ice Cube only recites lines from “Are We There Yet?”

Exactly. It's just the Deadpool doing his Deadpool thing.

Did they censor the farts from South Park, Shrek, or Family Guy ?
Did Austin Powers offer to take his female companions to bible-study?

No, they got those characters right. For $9K I expect this title to be true to the franchise as well.

#12 5 years ago

unless it has a swear alot/adult mode, i won't get it.

#13 5 years ago

Someone will lift quotes and sounds from the movies.....just like TWD....etc

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I can see how a theme made up after mobsters in a strip club could be compared to a comic book theme..?

Why does the theme matter? I was just pointing out that Stern has offered the option to adjust the content on past games. Even though it was based on the comic I was expecting more adult humor like the movie. I was buying a Deadpool until I seen the reveal. I know Stern doesn't need my purchase cause they will sell a ton without me but I can't help to think if they offered an adult option they would sell even more.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Someone will lift quotes and sounds from the movies.....just like TWD....etc

I am sure they will but nobody is going to be able to add the R rated violence and humor to the LCD graphics that the Deadpool theme deserves. I just do not get it . They release the Iron Maiden pin and every other song is about killing yourself. But some R rated violence and adult humor is too much. I hope Elvira does not succumb to the same fate.

#16 5 years ago

You have my vote for an R rated mode. I voted "Family and Adult". I think only 2 levels is necessary. 3 would just generate too much work for Stern.

#17 5 years ago

Game of Thrones also needs an adult mode

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Soprano's has 3 setting and that was a Gomez design so I don't see why they couldn't do it with Deadpool.[quoted image]

Which is kind of silly because even if you remove Big Fuckin Points mode you still have Boat Sex Multiball, almost every genre of crime and a literal strip club on the playfield.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am sure they will but nobody is going to be able to add the R rated violence and humor to the LCD graphics that the Deadpool theme deserves. I just do not get it . They release the Iron Maiden pin and every other song is about killing yourself. But some R rated violence and adult humor is too much. I hope Elvira does not succumb to the same fate.

This is my concern as well. Movie clips won’t fit in on this title since game specific comments are so intregal, which is great for many reasons...but man, tossing is a couple dozen adult call outs and making people turn them on in the code (You can leave family as the default) would make everyone happy.

#20 5 years ago

"In national news, the South vows to rise again, and the North vows not to give a shit."

If Stern can do that for FGY, they _have_ to do "Adult" for Deadpool.

#21 5 years ago

They’re dealing with Disney so who knows what kind of crazy licensing restrictions they have. I imagine Stern is pretty careful with a licensor that size.

Has anyone seen any R-rated licensed Deadpool toys or T-shirt’s? I googled around and didn’t find anything. Kind of curious now.

#22 5 years ago

If Disney let's it slide for the movies they should let it slide on the pin. I hope Stern is able to add what the majority of people are expecting to have in a Deadpool themed pinball machine. It seems that Stern has a ton of money invested in this title. Let's not give people something to legitimately complain about.

Hey Stern... You Can Do It!

I wonder if JJ Pirates will be Rated Rrrrrrr!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

They’re dealing with Disney so who knows what kind of crazy licensing restrictions they have. I imagine Stern is pretty careful with a licensor that size.
Has anyone seen any R-rated licensed Deadpool toys or T-shirt’s? I googled around and didn’t find anything. Kind of curious now.

The video game is the best recent source of r rated Deadpool goodness. The game captures his character from the comics perfectly and uses the same voice actor as the pin.

#24 5 years ago

It is strange there is no option to have an r rated feature on this pin because of the theme. I would be fine with it or without it. But who cares? Really. How many f bombs you want? If they put one cuss word people will want two. If they put 100 they will say it's too much. What's the point? Are you worried that your non pinball friends who come over will now not think your pinball machine is cool because deadpool doesn't say anything dirty? It's a pinball machine. Have fun with it and don't be concerned that you're not getting your daily dose of f bombs. It's easier for the operators to not have to worry about constantly changing back and forth different speech versions. And for those that were considering buying for your home's but are now not because it has no foul language. Really? Let's forget about all the hard work this team poured into this thing because they didn't give you a bad word. I say my fair share of f words throughout the day but I can give two shits if my pinball machine was saying it back to me. Celebrate the other great things and move on. Last time I thought cuss words were so cool was back in middle school.

#25 5 years ago

I'm releasing a new mod for this. For a small fee and reimbursement of travel costs, I will come to your home, stand behind you while you play and curse like a madman.

#26 5 years ago

You'll never get your Rated-R stuff. Voice is DONE. They're not pulling anyone back into a studio.

I don't think it needs to be R. But how about some funny one-liners? Right now there's basically none. Again, you aren't getting it.

#27 5 years ago

I don't really have a dog in this fight as I'm not a huge Deadpool fan, but I did see and enjoy the first movie. I'm pretty much open to every new Stern that comes out and was attracted to this game upon seeing the playfield art and layout. After watching the gameplay reveal though, I have no desire to purchase a Deadpool as it struck me as having a G-rated Saturday morning cartoon feel to it. Great if you have little kids, but not for me.

I think an adult mode is always a nice option on most games and would be an improvement here. Unfortunately, it probably won't negate the way too cutesy L'il Deadpool cartoon sequences in this case.

Bring on the Munsters.

#28 5 years ago

The game does not nail the theme without Deadpool making lewd comments. Stern is missing the boat as the movies are R rated and no one thinks Deadpool is family friendly. So your not going to sell to families anyway as they will assume it will be lewd. Another huge marketing fail. If non R then Stern should be marketing that its family friendly.

#29 5 years ago

I believe was a condition of the license that it wasnt R rated. It won't change.

End thread

#30 5 years ago

Stern makes a game, you get to decide if you want to buy it or not. Nothings going to change. Don't like it, don't buy it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stern makes a game, you get to decide if you want to buy it or not. Nothings going to change. Don't like it, don't buy it.

To be fair things have changed in the past allbeit small/minor changes. But this isn’t going to change I’ve spoke with george and he confirmed no adult mode/r rated content, game is family friendly.

#32 5 years ago

I think they did a great job on this game, but being the theme is about an outspoken and obnoxious superhero, some racy comments would have been a nice finishing touch.
Imagine a g-rated Grand Theft Auto...

#33 5 years ago

There are enough PG13 and R quotes out there in other Deadpool media, from the same voice actor. Someone will create a different version. If I were in on the game I'd start going though things and pulling out quotes. Start with the 2013 video game.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well if Stern won’t make even some minor changes (lewd comments inserted) - maybe they will think about this next time they release a pin of this type of theme.

Oh by the way I am still buying Deadpool but want some options!! So, this thread can ALSO be a call out to guys like CLELAND who do a great job of mixing new voice and sounds.

#35 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I expressed my excitement about the upcoming Deadpool Pinball machine to my wife... and her response was "Stern will figure out a way to F it up". She was right.

All the things that make deadpool fun, entertaining, and different are not there... instead we have the opposite- a "Baby deadpool" that sounds like a jar-jar binks character and horrible jokes like "hey Sabretooth, go brush your saber-teeth".

Oh well. What's next?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I believe was a condition of the license that it wasnt R rated. It won't change.
End thread

That is interesting. Has this been confirmed somewhere? What a bummer to see all these IP limitations on a property that breaks so many norms. Ah well, I’m in regardless...but some lewd comments would really help with theme integration on this one.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

End thread

That really makes no sense... Most of what you see that is Deadpool is R rated.. so all of a sudden they want to make him clean?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

That really makes no sense... Most of what you see that is Deadpool is R rated.. so all of a sudden they want to make him clean?

Yeah a condition/limitation of the licence makes zero sense, not buying that one.

Luckily there is enough content out there from Nolan North to add a little of the Deadpool trash talking.

As for lil Deadpool, I’ll see how he is once code is complete if I don’t like him being so cutesy I’ll change his voice out, maybe call him lil Reynolds once I’m done

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Enough people complained about GOTG not having the songs in it so they added Hooked on a feeling, cherry Bomb, Ain't no mounting high enough , and I want you back. So stern has changed things recently in games.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Enough people complained about GOTG not having the songs in it so they added Hooked on a feeling, cherry Bomb, Ain't no mounting high enough , and I want you back. So stern has changed things recently in games.

Gotg was released pretty much without code. Adding code is not exactly changing things for the community. They certainly are not going to change the direction of a game that is being well received and selling well.

The only for sure thing pinside bitching has ever done is get a cheap throne added to GOT pro.

#41 5 years ago

Pinball manufactures are listening. We have seen this more since Iron Maiden. Look at all of the added value put back into the Limited Editions. Stern has been listening to there customers concerns. Another example is the Code. They have really stepped it up. Granted all manufactures are far from perfect but we should acknowledge when they are trying to improve.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Gotg was released pretty much without code. Adding code is not exactly changing things for the community. They certainly are not going to change the direction of a game that is being well received and selling well.
The only for sure thing pinside bitching has ever done is get a cheap throne added to GOT pro.

This was not code when the game was released stern said the game was not going to have the songs enough people complained two songs where added and after another while stern added two more songs.

#43 5 years ago

I agree they should do this. Let the customer decide if they want a r rated version going or a kid appropriate code going. It is no different when they did Play Boy!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is interesting. Has this been confirmed somewhere? What a bummer to see all these IP limitations on a property that breaks so many norms. Ah well, I’m in regardless...but some lewd comments would really help with theme integration on this one.

Tune into podcast tomorrow. Can't remember the exact wording.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Tune into podcast tomorrow. Can't remember the exact wording.

Where / when is podcast?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where / when is podcast?

Head2headpinball.com it's usually up around noon EST each Monday.

#47 5 years ago

I know Disney bought marvel but did deadpool go with it? The movies are made by fox.

And yes they need a R rated version

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I know Disney bought marvel but did deadpool go with it? The movies are made by fox.

Disney also bought Fox recently.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

If Disney let's it slide for the movies they should let it slide on the pin.

Disney had nothing to do with the movies. Fox has had the movie rights for X-Men & Deadpool, and did what they wanted with them. They were made before Disney bought Fox.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

If Disney let's it slide for the movies they should let it slide on the pin.

Quoted from captainadam_21:

Just to clear it up Fox have only ever had Movie rights. Disney have been in charge of everything Deadpool with the exception of movie rights/distribution, since buying Marvel, the only thing Fox have had control over are Movie rights and the associated merchandise and products.

Regardless of the Fox/Disney deal this pin would have been and was licensed by Disney Marvel, which probably explains the family friendly approach, it may have been done to purposefully distance fhemselves from the Deadpool movies, something Disney has been aggressively doing with the X-men movies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-rated-r-deadpool-mode?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.