22%

(341 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FA6383E-8945-4241-8EAC-306D9FA95975.gif
rqwCH (resized).jpg
deadpool-s-queerest-moments-819518 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

I just want blood in the animations

#52 5 years ago

It's this kind of humor that makes deadpool worth buying.

deadpool-s-queerest-moments-819518 (resized).jpgdeadpool-s-queerest-moments-819518 (resized).jpgrqwCH (resized).jpgrqwCH (resized).jpg
#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just want blood in the animations

Direct from George himself there will be no blood or gore in any of the animations, along with no r rated content or adult mode. Deadpool from Stern is family friendly, which is a miss imo but the layout and the way it looks to shoot is more important.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

It's this kind of humor that makes deadpool worth buying.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What rumour now??

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What rumour now??

I got one for you. ^^^^^ This guy is a tool^^^^^

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Direct from George himself there will be no blood or gore in any of the animations, along with no r rated content or adult mode. Deadpool from Stern is family friendly, which is a miss imo but the layout and the way it looks to shoot is more important.

Yes, because kids never see any violence on TV or in video games or on the internet these days.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I got one for you. ^^^^^ This guy is a tool^^^^^

4FA6383E-8945-4241-8EAC-306D9FA95975.gif4FA6383E-8945-4241-8EAC-306D9FA95975.gif
#58 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

SOMETHING always gets F’d up on the Marvel games. Always. Maybe they should have gone with the movie license. Spider-Man w/ Sony & Iron Man w/ Paramount worked out great.

#59 5 years ago

The whole situation is a fuckin shame bring on Elvira.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The whole situation is a fuckin shame bring on Elvira.

Family Friendly Elvira?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Family Friendly Elvira?

Better not be.

#62 5 years ago

Friendly Elvira meets baby Deadpool!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Friendly Elvira meets baby Deadpool!

Lol. The world wants a Double G Elvira but I don’t mean rating. Look forward to seeing that pin.

#64 5 years ago

Anything dumbed down or censored in the name of being family friendly does not get my money.

I am not sure that Deadpool would have been a pin I wanted regardless, but a rated G Deadpool is just a waste.

#65 5 years ago

I am sure someone mentioned this, but Stern did an adult themed Sopranos and it is great and it has a family mode, but I haven't found it, lol...

A G rated Sopranos would suck. G rated Deadpool, same.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Deadpool from Stern is family friendly, which is a miss imo but the layout and the way it looks to shoot is more important.

Yeah ... no. I'll play it on route occasionally, but too much L'il Deadpool and not enough genuine character kills any chance of a purchase for me.

Quoted from RTR:

I am sure someone mentioned this, but Stern did an adult themed Sopranos and it is great and it has a family mode, but I haven't found it, lol...
A G rated Sopranos would suck. G rated Deadpool, same.

Right on RTR. I LOVE my Sopranos!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I believe was a condition of the license that it wasnt R rated. It won't change.
End thread

Well as Deadpool would say, this is just lazy writing. A radio station I used to listen to would bleep out the the first part of a word that ends with ing. It is really entertaining to listen to Christmas music; “and some bleeping pie” is so much better than “and some pumpkin pie”. Or you can do the TBS/TNT thing and have a completely different voice over the obvious place where a cuss word would happen. I almost enjoy watching Die Hard more on TBS because the voice overs are so bad, especially the Yippe Ki Yay line. A PG rating doesn’t mean you have to completely neuter Deadpool.

To give an example of the TBS way, at the beginning of the game you could have Deapool break the fourth wall and say “A PG Deadpool? Who in the “Stern” agreed to this?”

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

but too much L'il Deadpool and not enough genuine character kills any chance of a purchase for me.

Didn’t they say a good bit of L’il Deadpool was a placeholder for the fourth wall breaks? I am firmly in the this needs some adult content camp...but I do believe they will address the over usage of L’il Deadpool in the next big code update.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Didn’t they say a good bit of L’il Deadpool was a placeholder for the fourth wall breaks? I am firmly in the this needs some adult content camp...but I do believe they will address the over usage of L’il Deadpool in the next big code update.

Hoping so - that would be awesome.
Maybe DeadFlip is reading this Pinside thread as input.

A mode with some more lewd comments would be great even if they don’t make a rated R version.

If they do something in existing code where you had to get deeper into the code (complete a number of modes in the game) to get to lewd Deadpool that would be cool too.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yeah ... no. I'll play it on route occasionally, but too much L'il Deadpool and not enough genuine character kills any chance of a purchase for me.

Watching the stream again there’s not really all that much said by lil Deadpool that couldn’t be changed out, I’m most likely going to change lil Deadpools voice into lil Reynolds and have lil Deadpool as the foul mouthed lil f**ker

#71 5 years ago

Deadpool isnt a family friendly theme. Shoulda rebrands the game as something else

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Deadpool isnt a family friendly theme. Shoulda rebrands the game as something else

Yeah but Stern are Stern and they usually fuck something up with every licence they use, everyone should really be used to that by now.

Ultimately as long as the layout is good and it’s fun to shoot which Deadpool looks to tick both those boxes and imo Gomez’s best design in years, I can fix the sound my end, I’ve already got a bunch of clips I’m gonna put into the game I just need to see how this Hi res Deadpool is implemented first, but more than likely I’ll change lil Deadpool as he’s too cutesy imo, make him into lil Reynolds

#73 5 years ago

Let me guess, you are the worlds biggest Deadpool fan??? Can we just have Stern focus on making a good game???? They are done recording voices. Do you expect them to call back the voice actor and record some “@#$&” clips? Is anything ever enough??? We don’t even know how this game plays or will sell and you are already asking for another mode? How about we let them finish what they started first. If you want to throw in a few “F bombs”, go buy pinball browser and go at it!

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Let me guess, you are the worlds biggest Deadpool fan??? Can we just have Stern focus on making a good game???? They are done recording voices. Do you expect them to call back the voice actor and record some “@#$&” clips? Is anything ever enough??? We don’t even know how this game plays or will sell and you are already asking for another mode? How about we let them finish what they started first. If you want to throw in a few “F bombs”, go buy pinball browser and go at it!

Spot on! The layout looks great the shots look different and fun, the audio can be changed thanks to pinball browser so it’s really a non issue with all the voice over work Nolan North has done previously.

#75 5 years ago

But you all are pinball nerds. The casual person doesn't know how to do any of this. The casual person knows deadpool from the movies and loves him for his R rated humor.

#76 5 years ago

Lets wait and see the final product. Only a few more days before we will see first hand what it needs if anything at all.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Only a few more days before we will see first hand what it needs if anything at all.

Has Stern said they are bringing the code to 1.0 this week? Will we get another stream? Maybe a stream of the LE. I am out of the loop somewhat.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

A radio station I used to listen to would bleep out the the first part of a word that ends with ing. It is really entertaining to listen to Christmas music; “and some bleeping pie” is so much better than “and some pumpkin pie”

Don & Mike show.

#79 5 years ago

I probably would have purchased an LE if it was more "R-Rated", seemed way too kid friendly to the point it was almost annoying, which is fine, but I won't be buying NIB due to it and will likely grab one down the road instead. I like the layout and seems like a great shooting game, only so many $ for new games tho and Stern loses this time for me. I hope they do add more $@*t and give options for family settings instead, I don't see pinball browser being able to help this game unless someone custom records it all(which I'm doubting happens), movie stuff won't fit well and I think would be way out of place with the setup of the game and modes.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has Stern said they are bringing the code to 1.0 this week? Will we get another stream? Maybe a stream of the LE. I am out of the loop somewhat.

It has been said that Deadpool code will be near 1.00 when shipped. Dead Pool LE will be shipping 3rd week of September give or take a few days so I doubt a stream of the LE will happen anytime soon.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't see pinball browser being able to help this game unless someone custom records it all(which I'm doubting happens).

I think Pinball Browser will be able to help with making it more R-rated. This isn't Nolan's first time playing Deadpool. I haven't poured though scrips, but here are a few lines he recorded for the 2013 video game. Someone will pull out lines or words and edit them into the script for the pinball machine. Personally, I don't care if it's PG, but it needs to be funny. I haven't really seen much of the script, so I'll withhold judgement on that.

Deadpool 2013 (Video Game):

Deadpool: Wait... What the hell!?!? SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!! Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!

Deadpool: My god, what the fuck.

Deadpool: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt! It's cool. We totally meant to do that!

Deadpool: Fly or die, asshole. Your choice.

Deadpool: Hey Player! Just go with it! We're about to change your fucking life.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (Video Game):

Deadpool: Ya can't spell assassin without sin-- and twice the ass!

#82 5 years ago

Anyone have the full script from the Zen pinball table? That was also Nolan. I found, "You know next time I hope Zen makes pinball for mature audiences. That way I can say [beep], ha ha, or [beep] or [beep] [beep] [beep]. Ah yeah, got to love that shit." Assuming he say's "Stern" in the new game, it would be easy to swap that in and make it a joke about how he can't swear. Replace some words with [beep] and that could probably piece together an "What, I can't even say [beep]?" Nothing R-rated, but I like the line, "Look, I increased your jackpot. Let's say we split the money if you win. What? What do you mean it's not real money?"

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Don & Mike show.

My childhood every day after school. Did some recent googling after not thinking about for maybe fifteen years. Very sad

#84 5 years ago

Many Pinsiders appeared excited that this game is based on the comics. Not the movies, not the video game but comics. I don't read comics anymore, have things changed? Do they use profanity now? If not, I would not expect r-rated language to be in the pin. In my perfect world it would be based on the movies and RR callouts would be ripping players a new one whenever they f-d up. The dude really enjoys the role and would of been great, no matter the cost.

#85 5 years ago

Listen to lead code designer response:

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/08/20/episode-57-tanio-klyce/

Go to 44 minutes in and listen for yourself.

Lead designer states: game was designed to be less raunchy than both the comics and movies are. They were shooting for more family friendly “but have some lewd comments added.”

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So, this thread can ALSO be a call out to guys like CLELAND who do a great job of mixing new voice and sounds.

Agreed. Need Cleland to help out here. I think it’d be cool to take some sounds from The video game and animated movies that was Nolan Norths R rated stuff for the clips. Movie could be cool but changing some random comments to R rated with still Nolan’s Deadpool would fit nicely.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Agreed. Need Cleland to help out here. I think it’d be cool to take some sounds from The video game and animated movies that was Nolan Norths R rated stuff for the clips. Movie could be cool but changing some random comments to R rated with still Nolan’s Deadpool would fit nicely.

Just a heads-up I am aware of this and waiting for Code to be posted to go through the callouts. I do think the video game is the best source of some R rated sound bytes though. I don't think the movies match well with the game unfortunately, which is too bad as I've only seen the movies and not played the video game or seen the animated movies. Guess I have some watching to do!

#88 5 years ago

I don't even need R rated, I would happy with some censored profanity. It's the sarcasm and attitude that is missing. You can pull of lots of adult humor with nuance. Also a little graphic content in the animations would do wonders, since when is violence not family friendly in the US? They have to at least give us some suggestive scenes.

#89 5 years ago

Clealand saves games. That is just what he does!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't even need R rated, I would happy with some censored profanity. It's the sarcasm and attitude that is missing. You can pull of lots of adult humor with nuance. Also a little graphic content in the animations would do wonders, since when is violence not family friendly in the US? They have to at least give us some suggestive scenes.

A lot of Deadpool isn’t a hard R rating, like you said it’s the innuendos and adult humour and childish sarcasm that makes the character the merc with the mouth.

But I wouldn’t mind a few R rated comments just for giggles, the T2 profanity rom always used to get a giggle from guests.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I do think the video game is the best source of some R rated sound bytes though. I don't think the movies match well with the game unfortunately, which is too bad as I've only seen the movies and not played the video game or seen the animated movies.

The Deadpool video game, Zen pinballs Deadpool table and various animations Nolan North has voiced will be ripe for picking callouts, I think the Zen pinball table even has a couple crude pinball specific callouts which could be handy.

Although the movies don’t appear to fit I am watching closely how the Lil Deadpool character develops, he seems the best choice to change into Lil “Ryan Reynolds” Deadpool but it all depends how he is integrated and finished in final code.

#92 5 years ago

What's the deal with Little Deadpool? I don't remember him from any comics, yet he's used in both the Zen and Stern versions of the game. Did I miss something? Also found it interesting that both games featured Deadpool playing a pinball machine within in a pinball machine. With so much comic source material to work with I'm surprised they seem to be featuring the same "randomness". It feels a bit like Stern looked at the Zen and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 as their exclusive source material.

#93 5 years ago

The randomness of plying a pinball machine on a pinball machine?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The randomness of plying a pinball machine on a pinball machine?

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what word to use. I think there are certain tropes or themes we'd all expect to see in Deadpool: katanas, burritos/chimichangas, fourth wall breaking, assassin, wisecracking, etc. I almost feel like random moments could also be considered it's own theme. Deadpool is a bit like Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, he'll often get fixated on or say something totally random. I guess to me Little Deadpool is almost like that. It's the random thing that just makes you say, "WTF?" I think that's important to have those moments with Deadpool, I was just surprised they both went with Little Deadpool. That got me thinking about what else was in common between the two machines. The other thing that was pretty obvious was a pinball machine inside a pinball machine. Sorry...sometimes I feel my brain works like Deadpools. Explaining my thinking probably just further confuses things. I guess the main question I'm asking...is Little Deadpool a character from the source material that I just missed?

#95 5 years ago

He is an actual character from the comic I have learned. I never knew of him either. I think if it stays with him so in the for front it will be annoying.

#96 5 years ago

Cool!
My local coin-op just got in a DP pro! Going to try it this week!

This is so great! In just the last year, Traverse City, MI. went from no coin-op to a nice one that serves craft beer and there are 9 excellent pinball machines, all in great shape! He has DP, IMDN, SW, GB, MET all pro's of course. And STNG, Guns&Roses, DemMan, and Jeraspark.
Pinball is back!

#97 5 years ago

Family friendly? Omg.... this is even worse than not having the correct music in potc.

Hype gone. Next theme killed by Stern. It is so bad i no longer want Stern to pick my top themes. They all suck!

#98 5 years ago

I gave up owning any Spike System because I can't fix it!

At least Musnsters is G rated so they can't screw that up!

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just a heads-up I am aware of this and waiting for Code to be posted to go through the callouts. I do think the video game is the best source of some R rated sound bytes though. I don't think the movies match well with the game unfortunately, which is too bad as I've only seen the movies and not played the video game or seen the animated movies. Guess I have some watching to do!

My request would be to add music from the two movies still. I agree on Nolan’s voice from the game. There’s some great R rated quotes in the game.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

My request would be to add music from the two movies still. I agree on Nolan’s voice from the game. There’s some great R rated quotes in the game.

I know its asking alot from cleland however I reluctantly must. Please make two versions again. With and without extra music like GOTG. Both versions are fantastic however I do like playing the game with the more toned down version. Everyone's preference is different. Cleland is a beast! He saves games! I just hope everyone remembers to show their appreciation his way. He spends an incredible amount of time helping the community.

Thank you for everything!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-rated-r-deadpool-mode/page/2?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.