1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by semicolin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Is anyone making/selling PETG washers and plastic protectors in Canada? I find it kind of silly that a small bubble envelope sent USPS international lettermail for $2 costs $34USD, but it seems that most of the pinball products sellers are using the same shipping estimation tool in their shopping carts.

I haven't found a Canadian seller, or an American seller with a more reasonable shipment estimation.

Thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

Cut them for free at the library? I can give you some PETG if you want

#3 1 year ago

While that does sound like fun, my free time is somewhat limited. Rather just buy them.

1 week later
    #4 1 year ago

Bump -- Ever find these?

#5 1 year ago

Nope. Looks like I'm going to have a buddy grab some in Allentown. Either that or I drive to the states myself.

#6 1 year ago

CPR sells them... if you’ve got something else to order from them I’m guessing that would be the best deal shipping wise, otherwise it looks like it is $15 for shipping from them.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-miscellaneous/petg-washers/

#7 1 year ago

so effectively I can get my washers, but with $400 shipping and a free backglass

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from semicolin:While that does sound like fun, my free time is somewhat limited. Rather just buy them.

Quoted from semicolin:

Nope. Looks like I'm going to have a buddy grab some in Allentown. Either that or I drive to the states myself.

At what rate do you value your somewhat limited free time where you are considering driving to the States?

#10 1 year ago

Well, it's almost less about the time and more about the principle.

If a US vendor is going to charge me $40 to send a small bubble envelope with a $3 stamp, I'd rather go out of my way to not enable that. It's ludicrous.

#11 1 year ago

If someone was buying a glass from me to your area they could go free in the same box. We have helped each other over the years (CPR) to save people money. In the past we have done that on with a glass from each of us.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

If someone was buying a glass from me to your area they could go free in the same box. We have helped each other over the years (CPR) to save people money. In the past we have done that on with a glass from each of us.

That's kind of you! I have to talk to Stu tomorrow anyhow as I believe there's a set of plastics headed to my house soon from you. These things work themselves out!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from semicolin:

Well, it's almost less about the time and more about the principle.
    If a US vendor is going to charge me $40 to send a small bubble envelope with a $3 stamp, I'd rather go out of my way to not enable that. It's ludicrous.

Not sure aboot a "$3.00 Stamp" The smallest Flat-Rate International envelope rate to Canada for merchandise is US$25.85. Documents need to be filled out. Not sure if a mail Carrier can pick them up or if it must be presented at a Post Office. Time to fill out the documents and going to a Post Office have a cost.

Of course if your principle involves smuggling merchandise across the border to save fees then I guess I understand.

#14 1 year ago

A standard 6x9" bubble envelope with a few flat parts needs $1.36 to Canada, but I'll concede the free declaration label does take a minute to fill out before the package goes to the carrier. No trip to the post office to worry about, except to pick up the initial supplies. Thankfully, with vendors like stamps.com, those labels are created automatically when the postage is printed, and the international recipient (That's me!) pays the friendly neighbourhood postie the customs differential when the envelope arrives.

Ann Arbor is lovely. I spend a week there every year for training. Everyone I've ever met there so far has been absolutely pleasant. I hope you're well; you seem unreasonably upset about me trying to find a solution and vendor that are able to better meet my needs.

(Note: a huge thank you to the CPR crew who sent me the PETG washers that I needed this afternoon. You're all awesome and you should feel awesome.)

#15 1 year ago

Shoot me a pm I'll post you some for free from Australia, I have 3 sizes and bucket loads!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

Shoot me a pm I'll post you some for free from Australia, I have 3 sizes and bucket loads!

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm set! That's very generous!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 299.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 12,500.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside