Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

I wouldn't put a game up for sale without a ton of high res pics and video, so I'm not sure what the gripe is? Especially for shipping, I wouldn't want someone to buy my game unless they knew exactly what they were getting.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm getting a little sick and tired about taking the time to answer PMs and emails regarding pins, specifically asking for pictures.

#19 10 years ago

If you have enough money in your account to cover the check, you have enough money to go to the bank and bring me cash. No exceptions there, I see that as a red flag.

#42 10 years ago

I haven't yet had someone give me a legit excuse not to use cash. I know about the online banks and some peoples inability to get cash quick, and I would work with those people. I did have someone drive to two different branches one time to get enough cash, but we both agreed that was a minor inconvenience.

Typically, people who have wanted to pay me with a check have wanted the game that day. There was a local guy trying to buy a $3,300 game. My ad said cash only, he wanted to give me a certified check and take the game. He wouldn't budge, so I didn't sell him the game. He admitted he could pay in cash but wouldn't, I couldn't figure out why so I sold it to someone else. Very frustrating as he wasted a lot of my time as my ad did say cash only. He should have asked first before coming over and looking the game over for an hour and a half, since there was no chance of a deal.

I've held games for people several times, sometimes for weeks, but the game has always been payed in full or they were someone I've dealt with before. If someone wanted to buy a game and they had an online bank, I'd take what they could get today as a non refundable deposit and give them a couple weeks. Online bank or not, I think 14 days is probably enough time to secure the funds.

There are plenty of honest good people trying to pay with checks, and there are also plenty of terrible people out there trying to pay with checks. I'd rather just avoid it all.

That's my two cents.

Quoted from calvin12:

Even with a physical bank getting large amounts of cash can be an issue.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

You want to buy my machine, I'll take a check or cash I don't care, however the check will have to clear first.

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

True, but not entirely. For example, I use an online bank. I am limited to daily withdrawals of $500, or I can call to have it increased to $1,000 for three business days. It would be a huge hassle for me to buy a TRON LE with cash.

#46 10 years ago

I've been criticized for saying this in the past but I stand behind it I think offering someone 90% value is okay, it doesn't make you a lowballer. If they say OBO to me that means they are willing to deal and I might send an 85% offer.

Of course, if the price is really fair or downright cheap, I'm not one of those. The last game I bought I payed full price no negotiation.

Quoted from maddog14:

So, I am half butted trying to sell a machine right now. A guy offers me like 15% of what it is worth. So to find out if he is full of crap or not, I pull a trick I saw here on pinside. I tell the guy that I have an offer for 30% of what it is worth and if he could do better. He emailed back saying he could not.

I guess my pet peeve is that if the machine is accurately priced for condition, offers below 10 or 15 percent are a bit peevey.

If the machine is a two thousand dollar machine and the asking price is 4 gees, well then, an offer of 1800 would be ok by my logic.

But, I do hate negotiating site un seen as a buyer.

#60 10 years ago

It's not a matter of ahead or behind, but security. Since your debit card is linked to your checking account, there is a limit so if it's stolen you don't loose everything with no recourse.

Quoted from rotordave:

I can't believe how far behind in banking you guys in the States are. It's like the 70s or 80s over there.

Over here, almost everything is done on line. I haven't been in a bank branch for probably 5 years.

If I want some cash, ATMs dispense up to $2000 cash per transaction.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pet-peeve-regarding-selling-pins?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.