Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 9 years ago

My negotiations with the buyer usually go something like this, via email or text (they almost never call, even when I supply a phone#):
    1. buyer: Usually asks for more pics
    2. me: send pics
    3. buyer: What is your bottom dollar?
    4. me: I already listed my asking price. It's your turn to make a concession (offer).
    5. buyer: I can offer $$ low ball.
    6. me: If you can come up to $$$ reasonable price, we have a deal
    7. buyer: Sounds good, send me your address. I can come see the game this weekend.
    Weekend comes: (Buyer may or may not show)
    Buyer arrives - 2nd negotiation starts
    buyer looks over the game and starts to point out flaws already disclosed or pictured (nicknamed "throwing garbage on the lawn").
    1. Buyer: Well, with all these things wrong, I can only offer you this $$ even lower ball offer.
    2. me: I'm not lowering my price any further than we already agreed!
    3. Buyer: Well, what if you took off $ this much?
    4. me: (I then evaluate how far the person traveled and how much I want to sell the game. If they traveled from a great distance; they are not leaving without a game!) Well... Maybe I can take off a little on price. Or, have a fun trip back to BFE without a game!
    5. Buyer: Sold!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pet-peeve-regarding-selling-pins?tu=brenna98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.