5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I'm getting a little sick and tired about taking the time to answer PMs and emails regarding pins, specifically asking for pictures. I take the time to take them, send them, etc., and some people never respond.

Common courtesy would tell one to at least respond with a "ok, thanks.. i'll check them out" or a "not interested, but thanks"

At least let me know you received the pics.

Vent over.

#2 5 years ago

I agree, that is why I started posting the pictures online so all I have to do is send people a link. Selling a game I know I will need pictures anyway, so I take them before I list it. You can then use a free service like Picasa or Flickr to upload your pictures one time. When people ask about the game, send them a link to the gallery and forget about them if they don't get back to you. Doesn't replace common courtesy, but lessens the frustration.

#3 5 years ago

Let me even this out:

One of my pet peeves is people trying to sell pins, or anything of decent value, with a good price tag, and not listing or providing pics.

If you want good money, good pics are a must. Yes it can take time, but I tend to find it is worth it in the end.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

Let me even this out:
    One of my pet peeves is people trying to sell pins, or anything of decent value, with a good price tag, and not listing or providing pics.
    If you want good money, good pics are a must. Yes it can take time, but I tend to find it is worth it in the end.

I agree even a "cheap" $2000 pin you would like to see some high resolution pictures. If it is local and you can go look at it, but if you are spending several thousand dollars and more to ship it the last thing you want are negative surprises. If you are an honest seller show me what you want me to spend a my money on. Tell me about the scratches, dents and dings. I was contacted about an immaculate HUO TZ as I posted a TZ wanted add. Price was high, very high but I would consider it if like new or professionally restored. Seller was too busy to take pictures. Really?
    I could rant some more especially about sellers not knowing about this or that. Sorry never noticed it, sorry never bothered me so I didn't mention it and on and on ....

I decided to ad a little for a chuckle. My son was in the market for a older sports car. We were looking at late 1970's corvettes as they were in his price range.
    One the door key didn't work. Owner said he never knew that as he never locked his vintage corvette
    One had a 1/4 " hole just below the driver door lock. "It was there when I bought it, never thought to ask what happened"
    Another had body filler and paint on the door edge of the interior trying to fix obvious deterioration. Owner didn't know it was painted ???

#5 5 years ago

I wouldn't put a game up for sale without a ton of high res pics and video, so I'm not sure what the gripe is? Especially for shipping, I wouldn't want someone to buy my game unless they knew exactly what they were getting.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm getting a little sick and tired about taking the time to answer PMs and emails regarding pins, specifically asking for pictures.

#6 5 years ago

Even with CL, I put a ton of close up pictures of every flaw I can find, and just link to them in the ad.

No one ever asks for more pics, and the game is usually sold that night.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I wouldn't put a game up for sale without a ton of high res pics and video, so I'm not sure what the gripe is?

The gripe is, for those who didn't comprehend the above, is that at least respond when someone does something for you, such as takes the time to send you pictures of a game. At the very least let me know you've gotten them.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

The gripe is, for those who didn't comprehend the above, is that at least respond when someone does something for you, such as takes the time to send you pictures of a game. At the very least let me know you've gotten them.

Pinheads are animals.

Have you ever smelled them at an expo?

#9 5 years ago

And I generally do post a bunch of pics online. Just not the full amount I have. I use a separate email for that.

It courteous to at least respond in some way.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Pinheads are animals.
    Have you ever smelled them at an expo?

Lol. Indeed Vid. Indeed.

Love 'em all though. Even the non responders.

#11 5 years ago

My pet peeve is people wh make deals with you and then sell it out from under you because someone else offered more money. As one guy told me "Money Talks"! It always saddens me to see people in this hobby for the buck rather than what really matters.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

It always saddens me to see people in this hobby for the buck rather than what really matters.

Boobs?

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

My pet peeve is people wh make deals with you and then sell it out from under you because someone else offered more money. As one guy told me "Money Talks"! It always saddens me to see people in this hobby for the buck rather than what really matters.

that bugs the crap out me as well…Has only happened a couple of times, but still….Treat folks with respect and honesty and expect to get the same in return.

#14 5 years ago

Yes spfxted Boobs do matter. lol

#15 5 years ago

My Pet Peeve is people that don't fill out their profile so you can see where they are located without asking. This should be a requirement to have an account.

Chris

#16 5 years ago

My pet peeve is the people that try and negotiate lower prices without even seeing pictures...
    I guess it's more odd than a peeve though.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

Let me even this out:

Chicago CL has been notorious for this lately. There's a guy five minutes from my house selling an MM for $13500 with one lousy whole pin shot. That's it!

#18 5 years ago

Mine is checks.

Pay cash. Although two buyers wired funds. Great idea.

Selling 3 games was a crazy ride this time. Much different that a year ago.
    Buyers market as fair priced machines still had low offers.
    Held a game for two weeks on word despite being offered more by others only to have buyer not have cash.
    Posted selling ACDC to buy LUCI. Several emails asking if I wanted to trade for X. Um...please read the ad??
    Checks! again and again. When did this start?

#19 5 years ago

If you have enough money in your account to cover the check, you have enough money to go to the bank and bring me cash. No exceptions there, I see that as a red flag.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Mine is checks.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If you have enough money in your account to cover the check, you have enough money to go to the bank and bring me cash. No exceptions there, I see that as a red flag.

Lol, my one deal blew up as the guy asked if I would take a check at first and I said no. A week later on the day to meet he emails me and says he messed up and cant get the cash.. so will I take a check. Answer is still no. I say just go to the bank. He says the funds have to move around, no cash there but all I have to do is wait a few days??
    He still wanted to take the machine home that day??

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If you have enough money in your account to cover the check, you have enough money to go to the bank and bring me cash.

True, but not entirely. For example, I use an online bank. I am limited to daily withdrawals of $500, or I can call to have it increased to $1,000 for three business days. It would be a huge hassle for me to buy a Tron LE with cash.

#22 5 years ago

You want to buy my machine, I'll take a check or cash I don't care, however the check will have to clear first. If someone says I only want cash or make a bank wire today! Why in such a hurry? makes me think something up and am I about to be scammed so that's why all the rush? If the guy says he's trying to move on another game before it sells, I say ok then buy the game he wants (Just kidding). I am never in that big of a hurry to buy or to sell if they are I am OUT!

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

If someone says I only want cash or make a bank wire today!

You are actually agreeing. The point is if the game is to leave the funds should be received.

#24 5 years ago

How about 'If the price is right' So annoying cause that applies to any and every deal ANYTIME

Or 'Entertaining offers' Blow it out your ...

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Mine is checks.
    Pay cash. Although two buyers wired funds. Great idea.
    Selling 3 games was a crazy ride this time. Much different that a year ago.
    Buyers market as fair priced machines still had low offers.
    Held a game for two weeks on word despite being offered more by others only to have buyer not have cash.
    Posted selling ACDC to buy LUCI. Several emails asking if I wanted to trade for X. Um...please read the ad??
    Checks! again and again. When did this start?

I agree cash is king but when I bought a game from Clay I had cash ready but he said a check is fine. So I handed him a check instead. He had no idea who I was.
    I'd only do a check if it was someone I knew and trusted.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

'Entertaining offers'

I'll trade you a few hours of balloon animal services for your Waterworld.

#27 5 years ago

My pin pet peeve is anytime someone disagrees with me.

#28 5 years ago

My pet peeve is when a seller wants an outrageous amount for a beat up machine that doesn't work, has been stored (usually improperly) for years, or even has a broken backglass or the playfield is badly worn down to the wood.

"I've seen these go on ebay for $$$$$" they say.

At that point I just say "Thank you, but they're not for me. Good luck with the sale." and walk away.

#29 5 years ago

Cash is king, but be careful going into a situation with a lot of cash or accepting a bundle of cash in an odd location. Stories out there about people getting jumped while responding to craigslist ads or trying to sell goods.

#30 5 years ago

I would love to bring a check as it's easier but I know I'd never take one.

It's just hard to grab enough cash at the last minute if it's a weekend. My ATM is only so kind.

#31 5 years ago

Take a check and when it clears they can have the game.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

True, but not entirely. For example, I use an online bank. I am limited to daily withdrawals of $500, or I can call to have it increased to $1,000 for three business days. It would be a huge hassle for me to buy a TRON LE with cash.

This might be a reason to use a bank that actually has a branch....

#33 5 years ago

What grinds my gears are Nimrods who:

1. Take low-resolution cell phone pics that distort the second you try to enlarge them.

2. Take pics that intentionally or not miss the known-wear spots on that specific title.

3. Say in their ad to email for pics...then they send you only about 5 or 6 shots with all of the above.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Noah's Arcade isn't the only one who has this issue. I am in the military and use the bank USAA (who deal with military) out of San Antonio. I move every 2 years and USAA has been my bank for the last 15 years providing stability to my finances. I can only withdraw money out of an ATM. it is a pain in the butt, but I can get them to let me withdraw large sums of cash if need be. I do enjoy paying $4-5k for a machine all in $20's. it drives some folks nuts, but hell it is cash. Otherwise I will Paypal gift them.
    The point of my post is to please don't write everyone off immediately if they have issues withdrawing cash...or contact you by cell phone with a Hawaiian area code for that matter (I have been hung up on). They may not all be scammers.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from sc204:

I agree even a "cheap" $2000 pin you would like to see some high resolution pictures. If it is local and you can go look at it, but if you are spending several thousand dollars and more to ship it the last thing you want are negative surprises. If you are an honest seller show me what you want me to spend a my money on. Tell me about the scratches, dents and dings. I was contacted about an immaculate HUO TZ as I posted a TZ wanted add. Price was high, very high but I would consider it if like new or professionally restored. Seller was too busy to take pictures. Really?
    I could rant some more especially about sellers not knowing about this or that. Sorry never noticed it, sorry never bothered me so I didn't mention it and on and on ....
    I decided to ad a little for a chuckle. My son was in the market for a older sports car. We were looking at late 1970's corvettes as they were in his price range.
    One the door key didn't work. Owner said he never knew that as he never locked his vintage Corvette
    One had a 1/4 " hole just below the driver door lock. "It was there when I bought it, never thought to ask what happened"
    Another had body filler and paint on the door edge of the interior trying to fix obvious deterioration. Owner didn't know it was painted ???

I bet that corvette had a lot of body filler in it considering it is constructed out of fiberglass. There shouldn't have been any deterioration unless it was damaged somehow

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from GoBlue:

Cash is king, but be careful going into a situation with a lot of cash or accepting a bundle of cash in an odd location. Stories out there about people getting jumped while responding to craigslist ads or trying to sell goods.

That's why a lot of states offer a concealed carry license oh and bring a friend

#37 5 years ago

Ask for a specific picture such as the daily paper from his local area with the machine before meeting. Small hassle but if they want to sell it, it should not be hard.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Ask for a specific picture such as the daily paper from his local area with the machine before meeting. Small hassle but if they want to sell it, it should not be hard.

No, no, no. Everybody knows you make them take a picture of themselves standing by the pinball machine with a shoe on their head.

#39 5 years ago

Maybe you need a picture with a white garage door in the background. that usually gets double money. It worked 10 years ago for years. Probably work in todays market as well. But today you have to say the word LED somewhere in the description.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Even with a physical bank getting large amounts of cash can be an issue. When I needed a large around of cash for a pin deal I called the bank first and was told I couldn't get as much as I wanted from the branch I planned to go to and would either need to go to multiple branches or a particular one that had "enough" cash.

#41 5 years ago

That's actually happened to me as well. That's why when someone says they want a game I hold it as long as they need to get the money together.

#42 5 years ago

I haven't yet had someone give me a legit excuse not to use cash. I know about the online banks and some peoples inability to get cash quick, and I would work with those people. I did have someone drive to two different branches one time to get enough cash, but we both agreed that was a minor inconvenience.

Typically, people who have wanted to pay me with a check have wanted the game that day. There was a local guy trying to buy a $3,300 game. My ad said cash only, he wanted to give me a certified check and take the game. He wouldn't budge, so I didn't sell him the game. He admitted he could pay in cash but wouldn't, I couldn't figure out why so I sold it to someone else. Very frustrating as he wasted a lot of my time as my ad did say cash only. He should have asked first before coming over and looking the game over for an hour and a half, since there was no chance of a deal.

I've held games for people several times, sometimes for weeks, but the game has always been payed in full or they were someone I've dealt with before. If someone wanted to buy a game and they had an online bank, I'd take what they could get today as a non refundable deposit and give them a couple weeks. Online bank or not, I think 14 days is probably enough time to secure the funds.

There are plenty of honest good people trying to pay with checks, and there are also plenty of terrible people out there trying to pay with checks. I'd rather just avoid it all.

That's my two cents.

Quoted from calvin12:

Even with a physical bank getting large amounts of cash can be an issue.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

You want to buy my machine, I'll take a check or cash I don't care, however the check will have to clear first.

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

True, but not entirely. For example, I use an online bank. I am limited to daily withdrawals of $500, or I can call to have it increased to $1,000 for three business days. It would be a huge hassle for me to buy a TRON LE with cash.

#43 5 years ago

my pet peeve is when I am selling a machine for a competitive/fair rate (not high ,not a give away, call it normal).... I LOVE (just love) how the first few folks that are trolling start the phone conversation out with... "ya know...(pause) ...the prices on pins are coming down down down..., they are just not fetching what they use to..... I cant sell any of mine.." yada yada WARNING - ALERT- WARNING - ALERT.... guy is about to offer me half of what you want for it or what its "worth". Let the beat down begin!..... lately I just say .. yeah yeah , and let them steer the convo and don't argue with them, but cut the phone call a little short, I make mental note as well as edit my iphone phone/recent/contact list ---- "create contact" ......[lowballer pinballer] THIS preps me for the next time "he" calls to get ready for the non-sense.

#44 5 years ago

Mine is getting responses from people that "x is selling for y in Craigslist in California". I usually respond with if you can get that machine to your house without paying exchange, shipping, tax and customs fees, go for it.

#45 5 years ago

So, I am half butted trying to sell a machine right now. A guy offers me like 15% of what it is worth. So to find out if he is full of crap or not, I pull a trick I saw here on pinside. I tell the guy that I have an offer for 30% of what it is worth and if he could do better. He emailed back saying he could not.

I guess my pet peeve is that if the machine is accurately priced for condition, offers below 10 or 15 percent are a bit peevey.

If the machine is a two thousand dollar machine and the asking price is 4 gees, well then, an offer of 1800 would be ok by my logic.

But, I do hate negotiating site un seen as a buyer.

#46 5 years ago

I've been criticized for saying this in the past but I stand behind it I think offering someone 90% value is okay, it doesn't make you a lowballer. If they say OBO to me that means they are willing to deal and I might send an 85% offer.

Of course, if the price is really fair or downright cheap, I'm not one of those. The last game I bought I payed full price no negotiation.

Quoted from maddog14:

So, I am half butted trying to sell a machine right now. A guy offers me like 15% of what it is worth. So to find out if he is full of crap or not, I pull a trick I saw here on pinside. I tell the guy that I have an offer for 30% of what it is worth and if he could do better. He emailed back saying he could not.

I guess my pet peeve is that if the machine is accurately priced for condition, offers below 10 or 15 percent are a bit peevey.

If the machine is a two thousand dollar machine and the asking price is 4 gees, well then, an offer of 1800 would be ok by my logic.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

And that's why you should never do it.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My Pet Peeve is people that don't fill out their profile so you can see where they are located without asking.

My pet peeve is when people don't put in their location, I suggest that they should and they fix it, and then someone comes along later and tells me to just look at their profile because the location is right there and I must be some kind of idiot.

Okay, so it only happened once, still!

#49 5 years ago

I recently was selling an old EM pin. Now truth be told it was not working and had some rough spots but not a pile of trash either but I had it priced very low because of this. I received more offers to "Haul it away for free" than actual offers. I don't mind as I know people who have actually posted free machines that want them hauled away...still I chuckle at their "Generosity" of offering to take it off my hands for free...

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I receive more offers to "Haul it away for free" than actual offers. I don't mind as I know people who have actually posted free machines that want them hauled away. Still I chuckle at their "Generosity" of offering to take it off my hands for free.

I see you used to own TZ. Did some nice person haul that away from you for free?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 90.00
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 36.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 79.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    £ 20.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside