(Topic ID: 111504)

"Personal Touch" to your EM Games

By Boatcat

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aloha entire PF with numbers (resized).jpg
    aloha entire PF with arrows (resized).jpg
    a23d1ee972f722b3b557aef15863b0a94ce8e57f (resized).jpg
    0Lady-Luck-Work-06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0529 (resized).JPG
    20161126_115840 (resized).jpg
    Surf_Champ_1_(resized).jpg
    Surf_Champ_2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sirscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 9 years ago

I always thought it would be cool to wire my Top Card to rotate the special light around the individual numbers once they have all been hit, a la Aquarius. The "special" shots on this game are so uninspired--none have a direct shot from the flippers.

A nice stepper unit, and a relay or two, and I should be all set.

#161 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

That's an interesting idea... was wondering if you would leave the existing specials on the game alone?

Not if I could help it, since they just seem to be random shots. Unless of course it created other issues, in which case "random" might not seem so bad.

I would probably keep at least one or both of these Special lights lit (w/o their corresponding scoring) after all numbers have been scored, so that I knew that any lit number would then be for the Special.

tc.pngtc.png

Okay, who has an extra Aquarius schematic that they can send me?

1 year later
    #282 7 years ago

I am normally a purist, but couldn't help myself this time.
    IMG_2427_(resized).JPGIMG_2427_(resized).JPG

IMG_2428_(resized).JPGIMG_2428_(resized).JPG

#286 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I own Gottlieb's 300 and have been looking for mini vintage looking bowling balls with no luck.

Hmmm--I own a 300 as well. Maybe I could drill some holes in the balls that I removed from the Super Soccer to make them into mini-bowling balls. Keep the originals intact, you know, just in case. I would think that the holes would show up better on a red ball than they would on the black, but would it still look okay? (I'm thinking probably not--but maybe I could Sharpie them?)

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

That is really cool. Where did you get those?

ebay.com link: 4pcs Indoor game 32mm Foosball Plastic Soccer Ball Football Fussball funny

They are relatively the same size (as the originals), although the weight may be off just a bit. I need to do some further tweaking--they seem to work about 95% of the time.

Cost me a whopping $5.34 (shipped) for a set of 12.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sirscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/personal-touch-to-your-em-games?tu=sirscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.