(Topic ID: 111504)

"Personal Touch" to your EM Games

By Boatcat

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aloha entire PF with numbers (resized).jpg
    aloha entire PF with arrows (resized).jpg
    a23d1ee972f722b3b557aef15863b0a94ce8e57f (resized).jpg
    0Lady-Luck-Work-06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0529 (resized).JPG
    20161126_115840 (resized).jpg
    Surf_Champ_1_(resized).jpg
    Surf_Champ_2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballdork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 9 years ago

Hey Guys,

Magic City: I'm looking for ideas how to make this game more Gottlieb like rules wise. I don't like once "Magic-City" letters are all lit, there are no above flipper shots for increased points or specials. I'm looking for input on once all the Magic city letters are all lit what can be done to make it have the 'one more game' draw. For example, Change the C-I-T-Y shots to give 100 instead of 10, change center shot to special (I feel this would be too generous). Maybe hitting the alternating lit letter above the 'magic city' on the center of the PF will give a roaming special... ???? I really want to like this game more than I do.

#212 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. After reading about the roaming target and what it would take, that may be more than I would prefer to invest timewise. I like the idea of having an alternating relay with a special tied to the center shot. I don't believe there is an alternating relay but it could be added. Making the center shot juicy when lit. Thanks again for the feedback.

3 months later
    #246 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Okay... gotta another one on the 4 Roses I just recently shopped out.
    Absolutely love the game but it's a really tough customer.
    I want to modify the game
    Not sure how hard this mod would be to do... but I'm apt to find out.

Hey Glen bring the schematic next Sat and we can look it over.

5 years later
    #335 3 years ago

Aloha!

I have a two player - '61 Gottlieb Aloha. I would like to make this game a better 'shooters' game. The double bonus lite make a huge difference in the gobble hole points and getting replays. Currently the Double lite is wired into 1 point stepper that comes on 7/10 times, way too much. Disregarding the difficulty setting. I would like to make it more of a skill game by removing the 'random' Double bonus lite, and make it a goal by completing shots.

I'm thinking to use the side 1point rebound switches (indicated with arrows, not the inlanes) to turn on the Bonus lite. Make new metal covers above the 4 switches, with the position marked. Two possible scenarios. Hit 1-4 in any order 'or' Hit 1-4 sequentially, to lite bonus. And reset the progress each ball / or not? Each rebound switch has a light next to it that could be rewired to indicate a hit or un-hit switch.

I believe I would need 4-6 relays depending on the scenero selected. Any suggestions on what type of relays to use, or maybe a mini stepper if sequential? Would this be a candidate for a Raspberry Pi?

I'm looking for other possible suggestions to add 'shots' or improve the goals in this beautiful game.

Thanks
    -Glenn

I would love to be able to put in an on playfield special...

aloha entire PF with arrows (resized).jpgaloha entire PF with arrows (resized).jpgaloha entire PF with numbers (resized).jpgaloha entire PF with numbers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballdork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/personal-touch-to-your-em-games?tu=pinballdork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.