(Topic ID: 169314)

Perspective from a nobody

By Cheese_WizardPQ

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    number (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Perspective of a nobody...

Yep. I'm a nobody...
    Not part of a league.
    Not an expo guy.
    Just a "collector" who loves playing his games with friends.

I collect, I repair, I benefit from pinside for all the great guys out here.

I'm part of the 98%.

The 98% pinside members who read, laugh, scream, and PLAY pinball...

I listen to the kaneda podcast. I listen to all podcasts. I just love this hobby so much.

Getting to the point...

I just bought my "first" NIB: GB LE

Yep: some ghosting on 2 inserts. Yep: Scolari ghosts has dumb springs to change. Yep: lots of airballs...

Ok...but...Can we focus on the fun? Have you played it? Really??

With friends, a beer, taking a shot every 2-3 airballs?

If pinball is an investment for you, please post your whinings on Sothebys!

This hobby comes now with a huge diversity of players and collectors.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

And a good perspective it is. A person in it for the fun . Playing his games with his friends.

That is pinball.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Yes, it wasn't fun to me so I sold it, but I never whined aboot it Glad you love it!

#4 7 years ago

LTG is a gentleman

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, it wasn't fun to me so I sold it, but I never whined aboot it Glad you love it!

Don't know you but have a huge respect for your pinball experience. How can you not liked this game? Played a pro? Please don't ask me to read all 30000 pages of GB threads

#6 7 years ago

Boring hot take: the design issues are pretty whatever (would love to play with a center post sometime) but I find the modes to be dull and uninvolving - however, I don't have much of an emotional stake in Ghostbusters as a franchise.

#7 7 years ago

GB is a game to enjoy on freeplay.
    This is one reason I think people on locations will never get it.

The ladder modes is what I Like

Megaman style.

#8 7 years ago

Don't know you but have a huge respect for your pinball experience.

You shouldn't, I'm no diff'rent than the next person; love some games don't like others
    You can read my thoughts in my rating, but I really only replied to your thread because you specifically mentioned "fun" in it, and my whole take was I didn't have fun with it. Layout & modes weren;t the best for me, but over all it was in fact the fun factor why i moved on. Not every game is for every one....but plenty of games out there to enjoy.

#9 7 years ago

Next time you're near my place, please let me know.

#10 7 years ago

GB is a game to enjoy on freeplay.
    This is one reason I think people on locations will never get it.

I completely agree with this.

We first got access to one at a local bar, and we got tired of pumping bucks into it. It was frustrating because it was such a brutal game.

Then we got one in the game room at work on free play, and I enjoy the game so much more now.

#11 7 years ago

Agreed. Stern makes fun pins period. I don't love every title (like anybody), but that is subjective and will always change. And every manufacturer has engineering deficiencies. But whining is the basic human condition. We all do it at some point or another. That isn't going anywhere, we like doing it too much.

#12 7 years ago

Yep. I'm a nobody...
    Not part of a league.
    Not an expo guy.

I am just like you except I don't listen to podcasts and don't buy games I can't inspect one way or another first.

I guess that makes me a
    "super nobody".

#13 7 years ago

Yep. I'm a nobody...
    Not part of a league.
    Not an expo guy.
    I'm part of the 98%.
    The 98% pinside members who read, laugh, scream, and PLAY pinball...
    I listen to the kaneda podcast. I listen to all podcasts. I just love this hobby so much.
    Getting to the point...
    I just bought my "first" NIB: GB LE
    Yep: some ghosting on 2 inserts. Yep: Scolari ghosts has dumb springs to change. Yep: lots of airballs...
    If pinball is an investment for you, please post your whinings on Sothebys!
    This hobby comes now with a huge diversity of players and collectors.

"Hey! I'm a nobody! And you are all idiots!"

Great perspective bro. I'm glad you are enjoying your game.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And a good perspective it is. A person in it for the fun . Playing his games with his friends.
    That is pinball.
    LTG : )

HERE HERE!!! We ARE somebody! ; )

#15 7 years ago

I couldnt agree more with the op. My favorite game ever is a bally 6803 game. Lol. People poopoo all over those games. But D&D is such a simple,fun, challenging game that keeps me coming back for more. No modes. No wizard mode. Fun is subjective and to be had by all in our hobby. That fun doesnt have to come from the same game for all of us. Just keep flippin boys

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

I couldnt agree more with the op.

You can't agree more that complaining about glaring playfield defects on a $8,000 machine constitutes "whining," or that listening to Kaneda's podcast is a good idea?

Is that really the "98 percent" in pinball?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I completely agree with this.
    We first got access to one at a local bar, and we got tired of pumping bucks into it. It was frustrating because it was such a brutal game.
    Then we got one in the game room at work on free play, and I enjoy the game so much more now.

OK I love Charleston and pinball. Please tell me you are hiring

#18 7 years ago

Scholar too!

#19 7 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

Tis the nature of the internet

98% just want to talk about the topic at hand
    The other 2% are basement dwellers that have a need to be noticed

To survive the internet you need to be able to ignore the noisy minority

#21 7 years ago

But you area nobody with 34 killer pins.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I knew this guy would have a problem with your post lol

#23 7 years ago

Sometimes fun doesn't last, either. You might buy a game you think is good and then find out later it's not as good as you thought, or just plain get bored with it. Sometimes you have a good game and park a few other good ones next to it down the road, and now it becomes the dog in the bunch.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I knew this guy would have a problem with your post lol

yeah. A real sunshine on pinside

#25 7 years ago

Can I play the pinball game that is on your avatar?

#26 7 years ago

I know it's a shocker...

--->A forum discussing topics about pinball and actually playing pinball have very little to do with each other!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can't agree more that complaining about glaring playfield defects on a $8,000 machine constitutes "whining," or that listening to Kaneda's podcast is a good idea?
    Is that really the "98 percent" in pinball?

Actually, he paid 12k.

#28 7 years ago

number (resized).jpgnumber (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Actually, he paid 12k.

when I buy a game it's never to make money with it. As soon as it's out of the box, you're done.
    it's like buying a trip to Disney World for my kids. I can't flip it when I come back but not a second I consider myslef "losing something''...

I can understand why people go crazy about their ghosting problems. it really sucks and Stern should/will do something.
    But once it's said, while waiting for a solution, the game can still be played and enjoyed.

#30 7 years ago

I wanna play pinball with Cheese_WizardPQ.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You really can't help being a dick, we get it.

Do you feel a huge responsibility to post your thoughts because you believe people rely on what Levi has to say?

#32 7 years ago

It was the birthday of one of my girl last weekend....17 kids of 9 years old discovering and enjoying Pinball. A new generation of players!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

HERE HERE!!! We ARE somebody! ; )

Pinhead Lives Matter!

#34 7 years ago

Interesting, did you have some USD on hand to make it cheaper?

The guys that bought it in Ontario paid 8100-8200 USD. Which works out to 12k after conversion with 13% tax. IIRC, tax is slightly more in PQ.

#35 7 years ago

My friend bought it with a SMVE at a really great price. He sold it to me with a discount. Yep. Great friend

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/perpective-from-a-nobody and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.