(Topic ID: 129264)

Permission for backglass reproductions

By millusions

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

Weird question. I have a pull printing shop and have been experimenting with creating old em backglasses. If I wanted to do this for some others, who would I talk to about doing some without getting in trouble? or could I do some and remove the logo or something like that?

Thanks for any advice.

#2 8 years ago

If it's for a Williams/Bally game you could talk to Rick @ Planetary about the license.

If it's a Gottlieb I forget who you need to talk to now, but there is a way to get official approval on that. Is it Steve Young? My understanding is that the Gottlieb stuff needs to match the original, so not sure about doing something that isn't silkscreened onto glass.

#3 8 years ago

I think it is the Mondial Group. They used to have a website, but it won't load now. I think Steve Young is the "keeper of the license" for them, so contacting him is a safe bet for Gottlieb.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I think it is the Mondial Group. They used to have a website, but it won't load now.

It's up, at least here: http://www.mondialgroup.com/gottlieb.htm

#5 8 years ago

If it's for a Genco, Chicago Coin, Keeney, or Exhibit Supply machine, then copy to your heart's content since those companies are long out of business.

#6 8 years ago

Yep, that's the site. Must be my work network blogging it for some reason...

#7 8 years ago

Not True, We were contacted recently by the guy that bought the Chicago Coin Licensing wanting us to do repro work for him.....Just because a company is no longer in business does Not mean that someone didn't buy out the Licensing for there products....

Quoted from KenLayton:

If it's for a Genco, Chicago Coin, Keeney, or Exhibit Supply machine, then copy to your heart's content since those companies are long out of business.

#9 8 years ago

Interesting that the Chicago Coin Licensing wasn't part of the deal when Stern bought them in the late 1970s. I would have though CC IP would have been included and somehow still be under Stern, unless Gary sold it at some point.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/permission-for-backglass-reproductions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.