• Even Swap 18 votes
    50%
  • POTC and cash for FG 10 votes
    28%
  • POTC for FG and cash 8 votes
    22%

(36 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 5 years ago

Was considering trading my perfect in every way HUO POTC with all documentation and full cointaker LEDS for a mint / supposed HUO FG . I would have to add 350. and I do the hour each way driving.

FG will come with LEDs, super bands, and a few little extras

Does this sound like a decent trade, should it be an even swap, or cash my way.

Thoughts Allen

#2 5 years ago

I would think that the POTC would carry a bit more value than the FG, but there are a lot of variables that can go into it, including condition and location. Around here, POTC has a good $500 or more value increased value over FG.

#3 5 years ago

That was my feelings also.... I have original sales receipt and less than 250 total plays on POTC. Thanks for the Input

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, it sounds to me like you're getting the shaft a good bit, here. Pass on that deal, I think, unless they're willing to balance it out a bit.

#5 5 years ago

I feel like yours is also probably nicer than his, just a hunch

#6 5 years ago

I've owned both games....It is surprising the value POTC commands considering the amount of them that were made compared to FGY. If you really want the HUO FGY....and they aren't willing to budge on that trade offer, I would take it. Not a lot of FGY machines floating around, and the fact its a HUO model is even more special. The FGY I had was a HUO machine as well....my 2 cents

Jeff (jar155) doesn't really like POTC, so you know his thoughts are genuine.....at least that's what I heard many times on his podcast

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Jeff (jar155) doesn't really like POTC, so you know his thoughts are genuine.....at least that's what I heard many times on his podcast

This is true, I'm not a fan of POTC, haha.

#8 5 years ago

Even trade gl with decision!

#9 5 years ago

yeah I would say its around even especially if your doing the driving

The only thing that would worry me is the Supposed HUO.

#10 5 years ago

FG seems to be more valuable lately, not a ton of them and there were plenty of POTC made.

#11 5 years ago

All I know is that I had a hard time selling FG on here maybe two years ago. It ended up selling for 4K plus shipping - LEDs, customer shooter and lighted topper.

POTC always seem to be $4,500+. I would say based on my FG experience and POTC observations that this deal should be FG plus cash for POTC.

Based on how you wrote it though it sounds like the trade was your idea. Things (FG) always cost more when you want them. Kind of frustrating how that works. You may have to give an incentive in the form of $ value to get the FG.

"Why do things cost things?"
- Homer J. Simpson

#12 5 years ago

I bought them both NIB and sold them together as a pair and got 200.00 higher on FG

#13 5 years ago

I can't fathom trading equal condition POTC for a Family Guy. Full disclosure, there was a group of us that played Family Guy along with around 7 other machines here recently, and asked the rhetorical question "which game of all that we played would you not take if given, assuming there is no monetary value". All but one unanimously voted for Family Guy, so needless to say I'm not a fan of that pin. And second full disclosure, I own a POTC and it's the most played pin in the house. All that said, if the deal feels fair to you, and Family Guy is a pin you want, then go for it.

#14 5 years ago

Don't do it. POTC is just so cool, that ship is awesome. Ok just a big fan and on my wish list. I would not make that trade though seriously. How many plays on the FG? Seems to me your low play POTC would be slightly higher value especially if there is no documentation on the HUO FG and even so if it is played a lot more that could affect it a bit.

#15 5 years ago

I never had a FG, but bought a Shrek about 1 1/2 years after I got my POTC.

I sold Shrek a long time ago...never getting rid of my POTC. Much funner game, much better playfield layout.

#16 5 years ago

POTC is really good. But I feel more like I'm playing just a pirates theme and not quite a POTC.

FG is really, really good. Better sound, more shots, good flow, multiple wizard modes, pinball inside a pinball, rarer.

#17 5 years ago

POTC there are a ton of.. FG is a not rare by any means, but less of them around for sale.

I don't know about adding in the extra cash.. maybe a one to one sounds more fair IMO. It would depend on how clean the FG is if you claim your POTC is so new... I might even think it would be 200-300 the other way (POTC more).

POTC value sticks around because its liked by new players, and earns while on location. FG is a bit more edgy and not everyone agrees with the humor.. which keeps it down a bit.

#18 5 years ago

I own a Family a Guy and it's got great humor, not the best playing machine I've owned but I enjoy it better than potc - I just couldn't get into potc at all which I played on route and have no desire to own.

Value wise FG was always worth about $500 more but potc has creeped up a bit and is getting closer in value.

Seeing you have 8 games so it won't be your only machine and were interested in the trade enough to ask - if the FG condition is as nice as it should be if it is a HUO - I think adding the $350 is fair and a 2 hour round trip is certainly not a big drive.

My vote is go for it unless the condition is overstated on FG or if you are really attached to potc.

ScottinSGFNY

#19 5 years ago

I'm definitely in the camp that FG is worth a bit more than POTC (I would say POTC 4800 on average and FG 5200). Have had both in the past. POTC is a much easier game to master and the layout is less original although the pirate ship sinking and toys in general are great. But FG just has a unique layout with so many different shots and a deeper ruleset. Theme may sway you one way or the other but FG is the more balanced, deeper, and fun game long term IMO.

#20 5 years ago

Family guy might command a little more because u don't see it all the time, Pirates might be the better game in my opinion, if I was you I would really push the straight trade.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside