Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChadTower
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hotdogs.gif
    PS_0896_BUCKWHEAT_t.jpg
    straightcash.jpg
    lol.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I think its some buyers that are the problem. Some people get their mind set on one pin and will pay any amount for it, and that to me is what hurts the market. I always have 5-6 pins I'd be very happy to own, some higher ranked than others, but try to wait for a deal on any of that batch. Or heck, not even a deal, just a fair price. With pricing the way it is now on a lot of games, you can't even rely on the Mr Pinball guide that game out a couple months ago because some turds are happily buying for $500-1000 more than book value.
    Anyway, just feels a lot of people get into this hobby with no frame of reference and will pay any price. Maybe they have too much money they dont know what to do with or maybe it's something else, but it is frustrating with how it effects the market. I, personally, don't see these prices sticking around forever; like any market, buying high is not the way to go.
    I try to do my part to buy reasonable and sell reasonable, and from what I have seen, most people that really love the game and not just the allure of the collecting aspect or the fly by night collectors do the same. We all love pinball and want everyone who wants to be involved to be involved. Just feels more fair to buy and sell as reasonable as possible and spread the love around, not try to make a fortune off every sell. The people I admire most in this hobby are the ones that help you find a good deal or sell you a good deal, knowing you will do the same for them one day when you can. I feel lucky in my area that most of the pinheads I know here are of that caliber, but it does seem pricing in general across the board is getting a bit out of control.

This.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-have-lost-there-minds?tu=IndianaPwns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.