Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3984700A-FABD-42E3-8531-56F6712D2F6C (resized).jpeg
    giphy-3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F623ECD9-AD9D-4B12-B291-9D733A56B611.gif
    flip_3__ev_2.gif
    44254F08-3A36-483B-BAE5-4E01F38910EE.gif
    paulie (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-18 1.41.06 PM (resized).png
    ea38030861f6fb65bec0c6007a762126.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E704D355-240E-49A0-9BD3-4EA851548981 (resized).jpeg
    D1D4A664-FAAE-4F59-AA8D-4B7DE18DDFF9 (resized).jpeg
    D6CC8B14-FEB3-4F9D-8575-0BE125EC2DFA (resized).jpeg
    Cat VS Cucumber.gif
    il_794xN.2686177670_anrc (resized).jpg
    independence-day-4th-of-july.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are blaming "flippers" for unprecedented worldwide trends that are causing unprecedented disruptions in the supply chain.
    "Flippers" are a symptom not a cause. They aren't the reason you can't buy a Cabbage Patch doll.
    I find the whole thing pretty fascinating. Can we all live without the things we don't really need?

Ask the people who ran out of toilet paper last year!! :O

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

A new video card (3080Ti or 3090) is what is annoying me. Been tracking them for months, no chance of getting one at a reasonable price. While flippers are involved, there are multiple factors, including the supply chain but the main one being cryptomining.

YOu're telling me. I was looking at finally buying a new card right before COVID, and of course playing the 'next gen is coming so current gen will go down'....what a mistake that was.

At the end of the day though, I don't really need one. I've been using the same PC for the last 8 years (2500k @ 4.2 and 290x) and it still runs 99% of things at 1440p on med-high settings. Long in the tooth? Sure, but still completely usable.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Economically speaking yes, things are extremely f’ed due to incompetence at the top.
    Realistically? People are spending assloads of money on stuff they don’t need.
    All I buy are the basics, and there’s plenty to go around! The professional consumers however, are devastated by the shortages on useless junk. There is nothing I’m running out of, except more pinball machines to buy.
    I COULD sell them, but I’ve got them setup at my arcade and immensely enjoy these games. I’m not buying to flip. This is really an elaborate way to say: reflect on your life and find out what you really need. You’ll be happier when you cut out all the extra crap

I'm not sure 30 pinball machines is 'just the basics'.

#45 2 years ago

I don't think at current prices it is really 'lucky' unless you are planning on flipping

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Why on earth would anyone want a Pokémon card?

They weigh about 300lbs less than a pinball machine.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

One thing people seem to miss is that this isn't just an America thing... the shortages are global. This wasn't caused by people getting tax credits and extra cash in the USA. We are seeing the effect of a world wide supply chain interruption coupled with a huge amount of pent-up demand.
    I remember having the conversation with my dad last Spring (a few months before he passed away) about how things were going to go nuts as we start to move out of the pandemic. The supply shock happened over 6-12 months (supply chain interruptions usually have a lagging effect), but then it was coupled with a demand shock from pent up demand and changing consumer spending (less on travel and more on home improvement and hobbies). Some of it was predictable (cars), but no one could have predicted that the collectibles market would sky rocket.
    This stuff will be studied for the next 100 years.

Shh, the gullible love to blame those dastardly evil master planning poor for their unhappiness.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Now it appears to be a shipping and labor problem. Why aren't people working? The jobs are fucking there for the taking.

I've heard a few different things. A few people ran an experiment and went out and purposely applied at jobs that were known to be complaining about not being able to get workers, and basically never got any calls for interviews. What wasn't stated is what these peoples work/personal record were, whether it was a felon, bad work history, etc. My wife currently cannot get decent workers that a) want to actually show up b) do anything when they are there other than try to sit on their phones all day. That is if they even show up for interviews. So I guess it is probably a little of both.

Secondly, especially in retail/hospitality, people are very much over the rude people. And yes, people have become complete and utter assholes thinking that rules do not apply to them regardless of where they are or who's property they are on.

Thirdly, many have basically walked away from traditional jobs. They are instead turning to things like crypto, streaming, flipping, onlyfans(as an example). Keep in mind these are younger people who aren't buying cars, aren't having kids in general, aren't buying houses, etc. (this is all very generalized, but adds up to the whole).

#97 2 years ago

The adults in our family sort of resolved this by a gift exchange. Random number draw, secret santa type deal with a limit of $20. They even thru in a gag gift that gets regifted each year and no one knows who's going to get it. Everyone seems to have fun with it.

#107 2 years ago

n/m too off topic

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Thing is tho people saying that this is all a hype and that prices will go down...
    It will NOT go down , why would I sell a pinball that I just bought for let’s say 10k for 8k , same with my house or whatever . Prices will be prices and as long as people are paying those prices we will always have this massive inflation

That's been my issue the last year while doing a remodel. I have things that need done, but usually when prices go up, they stay up and go up further....so do you wait and hope prices come down? Or just bite the bullet now, assuming it's only going to get worse. We did actually see wood come back down some so that was a surprise.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What does that have to do with anything? Maybe he employees people and $15/hr will cause the need to fire someone to bring everyone else up.

It has everything to do with peoples mentality. Anyone who thinks wages should be what they were in the 80's should just give up all their cash and go flip burgers and deal with shitty customers for 3.50/hr. I can't even imagine working in retail/hospitality these days.I'm sure they'd love to pay you that. They may even pay you 3.55 so you can afford dinner. It amazes me how when people get some money they completely forget reality. Then you have those that always had money, and those are the people running the country. No f'ng idea what it is like to actually be broke, and work an actual job.

So many people here bitch about people on welfare, people wanting handouts, etc....but also want to bitch because people want more money to wait on your selfish asses. Who is anyone here to say $15/hr is too much? How about we judge what you do and what you make? I guarantee there's probably a lot of people around here who get paid more than they should for what they do(including me). (generic, not pointed at anyone specific). I get it, that the majority of people on this forum are older, but our way is not necessarily the right way. Our way is why we are where we are now, whether you want to accept it or not.

EDIT: change 'your' to 'our'...I'm not exactly young

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Nobody said 3.50/hr should be the norm.

And if that's how you took the point.....

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

I have a ton of people who are employed by my company and we treat them amazing. Perks, bonuses, employee days, paid time off, free raffles, vacations, the list goes on and on. I hate calling them employees as well. Team member is more appropriate. However not every business can afford paying all off there employees $15.00 per hour. Some business require alot of staff. Some business can't just raise there prices to justify the expense. Don't get me flipping started.
    And that is Mr. Fucking Dude to you Sir.

I hate to break it to all you business owners, but capitalism isn't perfect, nor fair. It's severely skewed to the rich and always has been. While I'm not talking about small businesses (or whatever size you may be), I'm assuming you aren't massive corporation taking 300X your employees salary and catering to shareholders. History shows that given no regulation, and no laws, companies will do whatever they want employees be damned. I know everyone around here likes to take statements about employees and owners personally, but there is no perfect solution and there's generally a big difference between the mentality of a small/medium company and the people who are money over everything massive corporations who are wrecking this country.

People sit here on their podiums talking about all these 'lazy' people and stimulus packages, but guess where all of that money will eventually end up? In some uber rich guys investment account. In general, employees in this country at least have been abused for way too long. Adapt, or go under. That's the capitalism everyone loves right? I can't believe everyone wants things to stay just like they are where everyone has to work to the bone to make a living. Or is it really that people like that feeling of superiority to feel like 'they made it'? I for one am curious where all of this is heading. New blood, new ideas, and hopefully, people are are more concerned about the country, than their own wealth and power.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well you wrote it.

Sure, put any number in there you want. It doesn't change the point.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Work Hard Play Hard!

Yeah, Mr. Fucking Dude Don't take what I'm saying personally. As callous as I'm sounding nothing but the utmost respect for ppl bringing up their own company. Sadly, it's a touchy subject that not everyone is going to agree what the path forward is. Most of my angst is to those who treat their employees and consumers like cattle and would kill your first born if it would bring the market share up.

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Capitalism is as perfect and fair as an economics system can be.
    Unfortunately the pols and their cronies have bastardized it beyond recognition in the US just like any system in any other country.

That's a fair point.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

So what system would you like to try that is both perfect and fair? Although it is neither all the alternatives are much worse and have been proven to be throughout history.

I'm not sure there is one, because the biggest flaw is human nature. One single change would improve it. Humanity not being selfish. That is simply all it would take to improve it drastically. Of course, people often like to rhetoricize that as communism.

Quoted from the9gman:

Capitalism is great .....Unchecked Capitalism creates wage slaves, most of the regulations and rules that were repealed have brought us to this reality

Yeah, exactly, and it's all been politicized to the point that people would rather see others suffer to be right, than to accept that maybe things need to be looked at.

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I get that we are at a point where people realize they don't want to work shitty jobs where they are unappreciated. With that said not every job is intended to support a family. I would bet very few if any Pinsiders are currently working fast food. But I bet a lot have. Many jobs are starter jobs. It's for kids who want gas and spending money, not pay a mortgage. If you're 40 working at McDonalds complaining you can't send your kids to college then you may be the problem.

It's such a complex issue. While in the past, it is basically true, we must ask, why aren't they going to better jobs then as they get older? For awhile now they've been blaming the boomers for not retiring and opening up positions, automation, student debt, etc, but now we're in a position where supposedly employees are needed, wages are going up, and there's no one taking jobs? Is it simply because of things I stated earlier? There's different unconventional jobs they can do? Things they are good at that we didn't have access to at that young age?

I live in the same town I grew up in. I know people who are working at the same jobs we all were when we were in school 30 years ago. They never changed, and I know the wages aren't great. There could be a number of reasons for this that I'm not privy to, but on the surface it does make you scratch your head.

And to keep it on topic, flipping really does fall into all this, because...capitalism. Supply and demand. All flipping is is another form of revenue that someone figured out. There' s a certain morality tied to the subject though that divides people. On one hand, I think it's fair game for everyone, except when the sales are only opened up for a select *cough* special few - who are usually the haves, not the have nots. So I'm mixed on my thoughts about the subject. Yes, it annoys me I can't get a graphics card for a reasonable price, but I can live without it.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Well said and may I add there seems to be a lot of lazy fuckers in the United States at this point in time!Started at Biff Burger at $2.75 per hour thirty years later I’ve graduated my three sons from Indiana University and I have a 36’x20’ inground pool in my backyard.Oh did I mention I was in an orphanage as a kid.American Dream baby

All it would have taken is one errant thing to derail your whole life. Think about that for a moment. While I certainly agree there are a lot of lazy fuckers, constantly saying "I worked for pennies" doesn't help anyone. I would hold the judgement and see how your 3 sons turn out in 20 years. It is our generation that raised a bunch of lazy, entitled people because of our past work histories and not wanting to see our kids worked to death like our parents or us.

I worked hard and got where I am because I learned early on no one was going to help me or do anything for me, that included my family.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

This isn't reality. In most of these places the margins are very thin. The managers are accountable for payroll and have very little room to work with. Raising wages would in fact mean raising prices and then you would be complaining about the rich guys raising prices so you can't afford your burger. The ones at the top likely have an entire lifes savings at risk and if they raise prices competition will put them out of business. And the workers will just go down the street and find a new job while the guys you are complaining about are left with debt that will never be paid and a lifetime if work down the drain. In life it is good to work your way through the difficult times and over many years you get to a point where you can slow down as you get to point where you make comfortable living. I wouldn't change all the years of struggle my wife and I went through as it made us who we are today. Everyone wants to start at the top without working up the ladder but thats not how it works with 90% of the people.
    Good luck though.

It is reality. We are HERE. As I stated, the issue isn't the small companies. They are impacted by everything as well. But, as everyone loves to state, capitalism is great and apparently fair. No one said it would be easy. If the billionaire mega corps put you out of business, that's capitalism. If people cancel you and you go out of business, that's capitalism. If you can't get workers because you can't pay them enough to pay their rent AND eat, so they go somewhere else, that's capitalism. Everyone loves capitalism until it works against them. Then suddenly it's everyone elses fault. It's like people want it both ways...The issue is at the top, not the bottom...people need to start looking at the top, not the people at the bottom asking for more money. Quit blaming the poor, and start blaming the rich. If you are concerned about margins, you aren't the rich we're talking about

This is getting long winded because it isn't a cut and dry thing. TLDR version. If everyone thinks capitalism is the best thing, and nothing needs to change, then the best you can do is be a good person and not screw people over for a $. If you are doing that, then good on you. Is $15/hr the 'answer'. Most likely not. It's an arbitrary number that someone pulled out of a hat specific to a particular location. It's the idea behind it that is important. Ask yourself if your job is worth the 6+ figures you get paid. You are part of the problem too. You are also the reason prices go up.

If you really want change, start looking at your politicians that want to erode worker rights, consumer rights, cut taxes on people who are banking billions more than their employees while allowing them loopholes that cut those margins even more and quit worrying about the little guys who might get a nibble here and there. Are there people who take advantage of the system? Sure, but they aren't making bank like the big corrupt people at the top. Those are who are and have always been screwing this country over, while hiding behind the 'capitalism' front. They need to start doing real hard time.

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Seems like this entire thread got derailed. Weren’t we talking about “the price of pins is too damned high”?

That's not what this thread was specifically about but it all ties in believe it or not.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Ok let’s talk about derailments
    1.Went to detox for three weeks to shake a cocaine and Jack addiction.
    2.Home was destroyed in a tornado
    3. Youngest son had two major brain surgeries
    Kept working and moving forward.
    Life is a result of decisions we make stacked on top of each other

Accountability is the word you are looking for. And I agree. One thing is certain, people are not held to the same standards of accountability in this country.

People are calling for the heads of people making a few grand off flipping pinballs, all because they can't get their hands on one, or too pricey, while at the same time defending low wages. Figure that one out.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

As long as consumers pay the scalpers, it will continue being this way. But that means you are really asking everyone to resist forces like FOMO, marketing, and straight up desire. Good luck.

But that holds true for the entire economy. We don't need pinball machines. Many people don't need 1 car, let alone multiple. Apparently people NEED toilet paper.

Where would the world be if everyone only bought essentials? I think it would be a boring life, but would we be at each others throats over things like this and concerned about what the other guy has?

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

It's the fast food industries fault folks want to be paid more. They keep calling it a "career" in employment adverts, those jobs were always ment for younger people and old people after retirement to fight bordem. They were never ment Tobe family supporters. The 15 dollar an hour law being forced down throats is going to backfire bad. It was implemented to fast. The last few brand new publix's we put elevators in were mostly self checkout, last Walmart I was in was ALL self checkout.

But that started years before the $15/hr talk. It was coming regardless. This just pushed it along.

Quoted from epthegeek:

When I was in tech school back in the early 90s, one of my teachers ranted one entire class session about how we'd be switching to a service economy as most of the decent manufacturing jobs disappeared and how terrible that would be because service jobs don't pay enough.
    And here we are.

Those manufacturing jobs would still be here if the damn line workers didn't want more than .50cents/hr like back in the 30's. I feel this one personally as I watched it happen in real time. Companies sold off because the original owners died/moved on. New management comes in with the explicit job to say 'who'll give me the most money for this company so I can get my golden parachute. Sell it, then the new company promptly moves it to Mexico to maximize profits for their shareholders and executives. But...as some seem to be saying, it's the workers fault for wanting more money.

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

In regards to the self checkouts, absolutely. around here where a 15 dollar an hour bill was passed recently. These things sprang up overnight in all the new construction. So I beleive this law directly killed those entry jobs.

And this is where the division of who we are talking about comes into play. For example, this has been Walmarts plan for a decade. They make billions a year, their executives make hundreds of millions a year. Do they really NEED to do away with checkers? They aren't sitting on razor thin margins, even a decade ago. No, they are doing it to increase their coffers that much more.

As people have pointed out, across the board, this does impact smaller companies differently, and most likely negatively.

The question we need to ask ourselves is, why are we here? What could be done differently that works for everyone? Who has the most leeway that these changes won't impact them. No matter what the answer, not everyone is going to be happy, because human nature generally is look out for yourself above others.

and...that process leads to flipping!

Here's a slightly related story, but slightly different perspective.

Near us there used to be this popular drive in with a HUGE screen. Easily 2x bigger than any others I've seen. It was planted right in the middle of a part of town that had mostly updated to the modern metropolis, except for this property. I believe it was Menard's who came in, offered them as they put it 'more money than I could make in 10 years' and they sold, it was torn down and a mega store put in. For the employees, and for people who loved to go there, it was bittersweet.

Clearly this guy won right? Capitalism at its finest, something most people dream about, but even at its finest, there's a downside to others.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

The big companies have prepared for the increase in wages. How you might ask? By firing a large percentage of there workforce and replacing them with self checkouts or automated kiosks for ordering. That was really nice of them.
    Most large companies do not care about their employees even if they say they do. They will let you work there for years and fire you immediately if there is the slightest chance of them not getting their fat bonus. That is disgusting.

I know I've talked way too much on this, and people are long since tired of my posts regarding it whether they agree or disagree, but I think what sums it up for me is this...

I think most people glorify the high level idea of capitalism as:
    I want something, you have it, and for a price I can get it. In that simplicity, it works great and everyone is happy.

But once you start adding others into the mix (say growing so you need employees) the dynamic changes considerably. Now you are not only responsible for your happiness, and your customers happiness, but your employees happiness as well. The consumer is still only concerned about their happiness.

There seems to be a tipping point where that no longer applies. IMO, generally it relates to when a company goes public (stock market), because the dynamic now shifts to prioritize people who ONLY care about your profits and really not much else. This obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but it is a big part of it and this is a very high level simplified take. Because this is basically the foundation of our economy (and the world economy), it sets the overall tone and direction of where things go in relation to wages. When you constantly see companies telling their employees for multiple years "we can't give you a raise because we only made X much this year" while at the same time telling their stockholders "we made record profits", there's a problem. This problem gets ignored repeatedly. On top of that, because of shareholders, it is no longer okay to just make a profit and a living. You must constantly grow. If you aren't growing, you lose them. How do you grow when there's competition? You cut corners, wages, and buy the competition because those things tend to be quicker and easier than spending the time and money on making a better product.

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

There is no “$15 an hour law”, not even a bill before the Senate. What are you talking about? A local law?

There are local laws (maybe even state in a few places)

EDIT: this should shake you to your core.....6 years ago.

Dec 21, 2015 — Fourteen cities, counties and states approved a $15 minimum wage though local laws, executive orders and other means in 2015.

Here is a rundown of the current state of affairs. Actually further spread than I thought.
    https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Obviously Ferrari and pinball are different. The easy route for manufacturers would be to simply state that all warranty is null and void if not purchased from a distributor. Would take some of the steam out of the aftermarket

But they also want to make sure they sell everything. Creating FOMO is part of the marketing. In reality, no company has a real incentive to stop flippers.

#225 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Same can be said for calling a support line and have to go through 5 levels of robo operators to actually talk to some one.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. I wonder how many strokes occur because of this.

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:Once I started grilling on my Weber kettles I quit going out because it’s better at home.I was using brioche buns three years ago now they all do. I was smoking and grilling chicken along time ago and Hooters grills wings too

When the hooters girls started coming to my house I quit going out too.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There are so many resources out there for someone that wants to learn a new skill. Free online training, scholarships, school loans for low income individuals, companies offering to pay for classes, etc.
    If someone wants to learn something they can. The problem is most people would rather bitch that they can't get a higher paying job than busting their ass learning a new skill.

And, apparently they already have, thus, no workers. So, who's bitching now? The business owners. I mean, you guys can't honestly think all those millions of people are still sitting on fat wads of cash balling on their yachts just because of a few grand in stimulus? That crap was gone when they got it.

EDIT: Tell me I'm not rich without telling me I'm not rich. Can't figure out how to spell yacht without looking it up.

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have no idea what their choices are, nor do you. If you want something bad enough you make time. The resources are all over the Internet.

Yeah, you can stick your privilege right back where you found it. I got where I'm at today by busting my ass and burning the candle at both ends. I still put in 10-12 hour days every day and 6 - 8 hour days on the Saturday and Sunday.

The simple answer is work harder. If you don't like your current situation you change it. Most of my business owner fiends would be MORE than happy to have someone that showed up for work wanting to work let alone someone that took some initiative trying to learn a skill themselves. Hell, most of them can't even get someone to show up for an interview.

It's not all one sided though. While I can certainly concur that what you state is an issue, everyone is complaining, but not asking why it is like that. You call them lazy, but the business owners who have worked their asses off are also the ones who raised them. I know few parents are going to come out and say "I raised a spoiled child", but I can guarantee most of them worked their asses off and provided for them, and called them special, and wanted them to not have a hard life and have to work as hard as they did, and wanted them to be their friends. That was OUR generation. We hated watching what our parents went through. We wanted better for our kids....and many gave a better life to them. And...well..here we are. It was our generation who's kids just never moved out. I find that insane. I couldn't wait to get out left the day after I graduated. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Maybe not being your kids friend, and making them WANT to leave and prove to be better than you is more motivating than handing them everything. (not saying this is the case, just making a point).

Who's to say they aren't right though and screw normal BS rat race jobs? It isn't them suffering, it's clearly 'us' who don't have our slaves building all our toys for us, etc. Remember when our parents said our generation was lazy and wasting all our time on computers and games? Things change. Whether you want them to or not.

Another, huge part of this equation that I don't think anyone has brought up is that with the rise of social media, it seems that instant gratification has risen to extremes and that many are so addicted and wanting that 'fame' they think comes with 'friends' that they'd rather do that than work. I'm not saying money from this sort of thing isn't good, but I think many forgo other things simply for the thrill of being noticed (even if they aren't making money). Have you seen how many people exclaim how many followers they have constantly? That seems to be more important to them, or they mistakingly believe that will lead them to riches.

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Everything?? Everything!!

My used underwear sales have gone through the roof.

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Makes sense as I’ve witnessed the sloppy construction of some of these in the Filet-O-Fish thread.

Dammit now I want a McRib.

#281 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

If the Filet-O-Fish is the equivalent of a hand job, I hate to think what the McRib is.

Quoted from Coindork:

If the Filet-O-Fish is the equivalent of a hand job, I hate to think what the McRib is.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #282 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

You are way too invested in this thread.

Pinside was slowing down. I get paid by the character.

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

When did empathy and understanding for others go out the window?

It didn't, as long as it's about empathy for 'me' and not 'you'.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Everyone is up in arms about wage and it is more than that. When you have a steady stream of applicants for decades and then it instantly stops and then jobs sit for 9+ months with 0 applications I can promise you there is something more going on.

Well yeah, that's the whole point of this part of the discussion. Why, and what is the cause? You say I'm invested, and try to shame me for having talking points. All of the things people have mentioned are parts of it, there is no one reason. COVID and the last year has made some people reevaluate priorities. I can't say I blame them. If I worked with the public and was treated the way people have been acting for $8/hr, I'd be walking away as well. Whether you believe COVID is an issue or not, it is indeed true that people in general are showing their true colors since it came around. It is downright hostile out there. I hear the stories from friends and family and the wife almost daily. It isn't because of COVID though.

#291 2 years ago

Here's a picture of a cute armadillo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #297 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I do apologize. I had no idea you were so sensitive to take it that way. Ill kerswoosh and move along. Have fun debating the world.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

#301 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Much rather give any job that is available to the people here who need it the most.
    [quoted image]

But you've already said they don't want it. Wonder if the great resignation could be called Flipping too..flipping jobs that is.

#316 2 years ago

I think that Elvira is still worth 15k since the new ones are 25k?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-are-flipping-everything-?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.