Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3984700A-FABD-42E3-8531-56F6712D2F6C (resized).jpeg
    giphy-3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F623ECD9-AD9D-4B12-B291-9D733A56B611.gif
    flip_3__ev_2.gif
    44254F08-3A36-483B-BAE5-4E01F38910EE.gif
    paulie (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-18 1.41.06 PM (resized).png
    ea38030861f6fb65bec0c6007a762126.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E704D355-240E-49A0-9BD3-4EA851548981 (resized).jpeg
    D1D4A664-FAAE-4F59-AA8D-4B7DE18DDFF9 (resized).jpeg
    D6CC8B14-FEB3-4F9D-8575-0BE125EC2DFA (resized).jpeg
    Cat VS Cucumber.gif
    il_794xN.2686177670_anrc (resized).jpg
    independence-day-4th-of-july.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago

My neighbor told me that used bikes are selling for mad money. He tried to order a new Trek road bike, and the dealer said that orders are backed up over a year. Same with cars. I was looking at Porsche Caymans, and there were 4 available in the entire US.

I disagree with drawing a straight line from COVID support checks to supply line problems. I think the pandemic is still playing a big part in this. Everyone is working from home, they look around and decide they need new shit or more shit. Heck, I bought 3 new pins this year, and I usually only buy 1.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

We raised starting wages for my employees this year from $16/hr to $21/hr. Yup, it took a 31% increase to get decent candidates, but it worked. And we charge 30% more for our products and services because of demand. Inflation is a brutal cycle.

What kind of products and services? Are you getting price pressure in other areas, like materials and rent?

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

In 1982, I made $3.35 at my first job, Burger King, where you can now get that same $15.00.

Same here! Inflation calculator says that’s like earning $9.52/hr now. I got a dime raise to $3.45 for becoming Production Leader. Great life lesson, but I still have occasional nightmares that I’m back on the line slinging burgers and fries.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

$15.00 minimum wage makes total sense if you want to pay $16.95 for a whopper.

The labor market has spoken, pay them $15 or make your own cheeseburger.

#128 2 years ago

Whoppers are nasty anyway. I’ve never been able to eat at Burger King since working there.

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Ok let’s talk about derailments

Seems like this entire thread got derailed. Weren’t we talking about “the price of pins is too damned high”?

#213 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The 15 dollar an hour law being forced down throats is going to backfire bad. It was implemented to fast.

There is no “$15 an hour law”, not even a bill before the Senate. What are you talking about? A local law?

#215 2 years ago

In regards to the self checkouts, absolutely. around here where a 15 dollar an hour bill was passed recently. These things sprang up overnight in all the new construction. So I beleive this law directly killed those entry jobs.

That’s creative destruction, one of the foundations of capitalism. No reason those jobs should exist when there are more efficient and cheaper ways to check people out.

#228 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Self checkouts may be cheaper but no way more efficient.

Yes way, I love them. When I check out at Home Depot there’s usually no line. I just walk up, scan my items, pay and leave. If there’s a problem there’s a person nearby to help me.

#229 2 years ago

Not for nothing but why is everybody using Burger King for their examples? Burger King sucks. All hail Wendy's

Because we all worked there as teenagers. Totally agree: BK sucks, Wendy’s is good (depending on location).

#230 2 years ago

The state-level minimum wage makes a lot of sense to me. It should reflect the cost of food and housing where you live. I didn’t know about it because GA is subject to the federal minimum wage.

#235 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Haha my first two jobs were BK and Wendy's. Wendy's is the only one I'll still eat at as an adult.

I worked at Del Taco for a while, and I’ll always eat at Del Taco when I see one. They’re so much better than Taco Bell.

#249 2 years ago

Five Guys only exists because McDonald’s, BK and Wendy’s are so bad at what they do.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Now that the dust settled down again, they go back to having only unhealthy shit again, because it's better profit margin.

When I go for fast food, I want the fried stuff. Going to those places for grilled chicken is like going to a whorehouse for a kiss.

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

So, which sandwich is the equivalent of a hand job?
    Asking for a friend.

The Filet-o-Fish, of course

#299 2 years ago

The US needs more immigrants to fill some of these minimum-wage jobs. That’s a pro-business move.

#315 2 years ago

8. COVID - “Why should I risk my life for $9/hr if my workplace won’t protect me from infectious customers?”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-are-flipping-everything-?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.