Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3984700A-FABD-42E3-8531-56F6712D2F6C (resized).jpeg
    giphy-3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F623ECD9-AD9D-4B12-B291-9D733A56B611.gif
    flip_3__ev_2.gif
    44254F08-3A36-483B-BAE5-4E01F38910EE.gif
    paulie (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-18 1.41.06 PM (resized).png
    ea38030861f6fb65bec0c6007a762126.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E704D355-240E-49A0-9BD3-4EA851548981 (resized).jpeg
    D1D4A664-FAAE-4F59-AA8D-4B7DE18DDFF9 (resized).jpeg
    D6CC8B14-FEB3-4F9D-8575-0BE125EC2DFA (resized).jpeg
    Cat VS Cucumber.gif
    il_794xN.2686177670_anrc (resized).jpg
    independence-day-4th-of-july.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

The problem is that everyone has to decide this at the same time. If your loved ones are still buying stuff and you don't, you're going to end up being one of the Kranks.

We've tried this.

We put a $20 limit on gifts, and someone hands you a $60 PS5 game and $50 gift certificate for Red Robin while opening the sweatshirt you got them for $19.99.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The jobs suck ass and people are tired of getting screwed for decades. Surely this isn't news to you?

The jobs have always sucked ass, but now you can get paid $15.00 an hour to suck ass.

That was my starting wage as a toolmaker apprentice at Chrysler in 1986.

In 1982, I made $3.35 at my first job, Burger King, where you can now get that same $15.00.

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Not for nothing but why is everybody using Burger King for their examples? Burger King sucks. All hail Wendy's

Wendy's blows. At the local one here, I ordered a single combo, no cheese. He said it comes with cheese. I said I don't LIKE cheese, so give me one with no cheese, how much is that? He said it's the same price, so I said, oh, ok, then give me a single combo with double cheese. He said that's extra. WTF

Seriously though, aside from their idiotic pricing, if I get an order right 50% of the time from Wendy's I'm shocked. And the fries are still too salty and the burgers are a mess.

Whopper and original chicken sandwich all the way. And yes, I worked there in high school.

#250 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Because the "younger generation" was told this by the "older generation". You have to go to college, you have to get a degree, etc etc etc. You know who was requiring degrees (and basically ANY degree as long as you went to college) for the most basic entry level jobs? It sure wasn't the "young generation".
    My favorite part of the people who get off on the idea of keeping people poor is when you ask them what it would take for them to work those jobs. You willing to go work a fast food job for $8 bucks an hour and shitty (if any benefits)? What about $15? I know I'm not...so why are you shocked when no one else wants to either?

Others have already explained this better than I can. The $8/hr burger flipping jobs were never meant to be $15/hr "living wages" to support families and pay mortgages. They are ENTRY level jobs to the working world, not to Microsoft. McDonald's ain't asking u for a degree to drop some fries.

Buy some gas, a movie, some cds, that kinda shit. Not feed 3 kids and pay rent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-are-flipping-everything-?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.