Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3984700A-FABD-42E3-8531-56F6712D2F6C (resized).jpeg
    giphy-3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F623ECD9-AD9D-4B12-B291-9D733A56B611.gif
    flip_3__ev_2.gif
    44254F08-3A36-483B-BAE5-4E01F38910EE.gif
    paulie (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-18 1.41.06 PM (resized).png
    ea38030861f6fb65bec0c6007a762126.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E704D355-240E-49A0-9BD3-4EA851548981 (resized).jpeg
    D1D4A664-FAAE-4F59-AA8D-4B7DE18DDFF9 (resized).jpeg
    D6CC8B14-FEB3-4F9D-8575-0BE125EC2DFA (resized).jpeg
    Cat VS Cucumber.gif
    il_794xN.2686177670_anrc (resized).jpg
    independence-day-4th-of-july.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I get that we are at a point where people realize they don't want to work shitty jobs where they are unappreciated. With that said not every job is intended to support a family. I would bet very few if any Pinsiders are currently working fast food. But I bet a lot have. Many jobs are starter jobs. It's for kids who want gas and spending money, not pay a mortgage. If you're 40 working at McDonalds, complaining you can't send your kids to college then you may be the problem.

Quoted from romulusx:

Well said and may I add there seems to be a lot of lazy fuckers in the United States at this point in time!Started at Biff Burger at $2.75 per hour thirty years later I’ve graduated my three sons from Indiana University and I have a 36’x20’ inground pool in my backyard.Oh did I mention I was in an orphanage as a kid.American Dream baby

There are thousands of people in the 30 - 60 year age range working in the fast food industry out of necessity. How many people in that age range were laid off from what was once considered a good paying job? I bet a good portion. A family member of mine had to do something similar at 60 after being laid off from the auto's, he took a job at Walmart for a few years before retirement. Workers like that should be commended. My grandmother grew up in an orphanage and raised 4 kids, one severely handicap, in a 900 square foot house on a relatively modest salary with my grandfather. They never had a big house, fancy cars, etc but they lived a great life and tried to give their handicap daughter the best life they could.

Personally I say don't ever brag about how many pins you have, the size of your pool, how nice your house is, etc. Be grateful and thankful for what you have. Realize for a moment how many people out there are struggling despite working their tails off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-are-flipping-everything-?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.