Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 340 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3984700A-FABD-42E3-8531-56F6712D2F6C (resized).jpeg
    giphy-3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F623ECD9-AD9D-4B12-B291-9D733A56B611.gif
    flip_3__ev_2.gif
    44254F08-3A36-483B-BAE5-4E01F38910EE.gif
    paulie (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-18 1.41.06 PM (resized).png
    ea38030861f6fb65bec0c6007a762126.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E704D355-240E-49A0-9BD3-4EA851548981 (resized).jpeg
    D1D4A664-FAAE-4F59-AA8D-4B7DE18DDFF9 (resized).jpeg
    D6CC8B14-FEB3-4F9D-8575-0BE125EC2DFA (resized).jpeg
    Cat VS Cucumber.gif
    il_794xN.2686177670_anrc (resized).jpg
    independence-day-4th-of-july.gif
    There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 2 years ago

HEE HEE

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wendy's blows. At the local one here, I ordered a single combo, no cheese. He said it comes with cheese. I said I don't LIKE cheese, so give me one with no cheese, how much is that? He said it's the same price, so I said, oh, ok, then give me a single combo with double cheese. He said that's extra. WTF
    Seriously though, aside from their idiotic pricing, if I get an order right 50% of the time from Wendy's I'm shocked. And the fries are still too salty and the burgers are a mess.
    Whopper and original chicken sandwich all the way. And yes, I worked there in high school.

except wendy's is the only one that still has grilled chicken sandwiches. All other "healthy" options are now gone from BK, and Mc shittles. and taco bell got rid of grilled chicken as well. When the movie super size me came out, they all scrambled around to claim they had healthy options. Now that the dust settled down again, they go back to having only unhealthy shit again, because it's better profit margin.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Now that the dust settled down again, they go back to having only unhealthy shit again, because it's better profit margin.

When I go for fast food, I want the fried stuff. Going to those places for grilled chicken is like going to a whorehouse for a kiss.

#254 2 years ago

Once I started grilling on my Weber kettles I quit going out because it’s better at home.I was using brioche buns three years ago now they all do. I was smoking and grilling chicken along time ago and Hooters grills wings too

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:Once I started grilling on my Weber kettles I quit going out because it’s better at home.I was using brioche buns three years ago now they all do. I was smoking and grilling chicken along time ago and Hooters grills wings too

When the hooters girls started coming to my house I quit going out too.

#256 2 years ago

Flipping gone wrong.

television-tv.giftelevision-tv.gif
    #257 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wendy's blows. At the local one here, I ordered a single combo, no cheese. He said it comes with cheese. I said I don't LIKE cheese, so give me one with no cheese, how much is that? He said it's the same price, so I said, oh, ok, then give me a single combo with double cheese. He said that's extra. WTF
    Seriously though, aside from their idiotic pricing, if I get an order right 50% of the time from Wendy's I'm shocked. And the fries are still too salty and the burgers are a mess.
    Whopper and original chicken sandwich all the way. And yes, I worked there in high school.

If Wendy's blows so much maybe you should stop going there enough to make what sounds like a pretty accurate scientific method distinction of <50% correct orders. You like Wendy's, nay you LOVE it. Admit it to yourself. Burgers are a mess? Get it WITH cheese it helps keep everything stuck together! Wendy's has the easiest clean up of all fast food, scrunch up the foil and put it in the fry box.

#258 2 years ago

I flip for Wendy’s new popper sandwiches and a small chocolate frosty.

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Others have already explained this better than I can. The $8/hr burger flipping jobs were never meant to be $15/hr "living wages" to support families and pay mortgages. They are ENTRY level jobs to the working world, not to Microsoft. McDonald's ain't asking u for a degree to drop some fries.
    Buy some gas, a movie, some cds, that kinda shit. Not feed 3 kids and pay rent.

No, you've explained half the story. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in. Walk into your local McDonalds and let me know how many "entry level" workers you find vs. people there over 30, 40, etc. You think all these people want to be there because the job is so glamorous and fulfilling? Thats the second half you're leaving out - the system is designed to keep people poor and the cycle going. You know who benefits from keeping wages low? Wealthy people.

Pinball machines were never designed to be owned by people in their homes either...it hasn't seemed to stop us though.

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You think all these people want to be there because the job is so glamorous and fulfilling? Thats the second half you're levang out - the system is designed to keep people poor and the cycle going. You know who benefits from keeping wages low? Wealthy people.

There are so many resources out there for someone that wants to learn a new skill. Free online training, scholarships, school loans for low income individuals, companies offering to pay for classes, etc.

If someone wants to learn something they can. The problem is most people would rather bitch that they can't get a higher paying job than busting their ass learning a new skill.

#261 2 years ago

It’s been said here so many times. There is nothing permanent about the “right now”. There is no evidence to suggest we will be in a permanent shortage of goods. We’re just a bit material crazy and impatient. It will cycle back eventually.

Take a break and enjoy the things you have. Clean out some clutter, organize your stuff, loose weight, or maybe reflect a bit on your good fortunes. These and many other things are free.

There is no item, pin, guitar (a personal hobby) that I must have. It’s all just for fun.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There are so many resources out there for someone that wants to learn a new skill. Free online training, scholarships, school loans for low income individuals, companies offering to pay for classes, etc.
    If someone wants to learn something they can. The problem is most people would rather bitch that they can't get a higher paying job than busting their ass learning a new skill.

And, apparently they already have, thus, no workers. So, who's bitching now? The business owners. I mean, you guys can't honestly think all those millions of people are still sitting on fat wads of cash balling on their yachts just because of a few grand in stimulus? That crap was gone when they got it.

EDIT: Tell me I'm not rich without telling me I'm not rich. Can't figure out how to spell yacht without looking it up.

#263 2 years ago

You're assuming people have these resources and time available to them. While I'm sure there are some people who just want to coast through life doing nothing, you honestly believe everyone in poverty has made a a conscious choice to ignore all of this and prefers to stay poor? I know "privilege" is a bad word on here but this is a textbook definition. Are you that opposed to paying someone 30K a year BEFORE taxes, benefits, etc that you dont see low wages as a problem? The answer is just as simple as "be less poor"?

I'm sure all the business owners on here are jumping at the chance to hire someone who's resume includes "free online training". Then they get a living wage?

#264 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

When I go for fast food, I want the fried stuff. Going to those places for grilled chicken is like going to a whorehouse for a kiss.

lol. sometimes you don't have time, and have to get food fast and healthy as possible. Especially on long road trips.

#265 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You're assuming people have these resources and time available to them. While I'm sure there are some people who just want to coast through life doing nothing, you honestly believe everyone in poverty has made a a conscious choice to ignore all of this and prefers to stay poor?

I have no idea what their choices are, nor do you. If you want something bad enough you make time. The resources are all over the Internet.

Quoted from grantopia:

I know "privilege" is a bad word on here but this is a textbook definition.

Yeah, you can stick your privilege right back where you found it. I got where I'm at today by busting my ass and burning the candle at both ends. I still put in 10-12 hour days every day and 6 - 8 hour days on the Saturday and Sunday.

Quoted from grantopia:

Are you that opposed to paying someone 30K a year BEFORE taxes, benefits, etc that you dont see low wages as a problem? The answer is just as simple as "be less poor"?
    I'm sure all the business owners on here are jumping at the chance to hire someone who's resume includes "free online training". Then they get a living wage?

The simple answer is work harder. If you don't like your current situation you change it. Most of my business owner fiends would be MORE than happy to have someone that showed up for work wanting to work let alone someone that took some initiative trying to learn a skill themselves. Hell, most of them can't even get someone to show up for an interview.

#266 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

So, which sandwich is the equivalent of a hand job?
    Asking for a friend.

#267 2 years ago

I have no idea what their choices are, nor do you. If you want something bad enough you make time. The resources are all over the Internet.

Yeah, you can stick your privilege right back where you found it. I got where I'm at today by busting my ass and burning the candle at both ends. I still put in 10-12 hour days every day and 6 - 8 hour days on the Saturday and Sunday.

The simple answer is work harder. If you don't like your current situation you change it. Most of my business owner fiends would be MORE than happy to have someone that showed up for work wanting to work let alone someone that took some initiative trying to learn a skill themselves. Hell, most of them can't even get someone to show up for an interview.

It's not all one sided though. While I can certainly concur that what you state is an issue, everyone is complaining, but not asking why it is like that. You call them lazy, but the business owners who have worked their asses off are also the ones who raised them. I know few parents are going to come out and say "I raised a spoiled child", but I can guarantee most of them worked their asses off and provided for them, and called them special, and wanted them to not have a hard life and have to work as hard as they did, and wanted them to be their friends. That was OUR generation. We hated watching what our parents went through. We wanted better for our kids....and many gave a better life to them. And...well..here we are. It was our generation who's kids just never moved out. I find that insane. I couldn't wait to get out left the day after I graduated. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Maybe not being your kids friend, and making them WANT to leave and prove to be better than you is more motivating than handing them everything. (not saying this is the case, just making a point).

Who's to say they aren't right though and screw normal BS rat race jobs? It isn't them suffering, it's clearly 'us' who don't have our slaves building all our toys for us, etc. Remember when our parents said our generation was lazy and wasting all our time on computers and games? Things change. Whether you want them to or not.

Another, huge part of this equation that I don't think anyone has brought up is that with the rise of social media, it seems that instant gratification has risen to extremes and that many are so addicted and wanting that 'fame' they think comes with 'friends' that they'd rather do that than work. I'm not saying money from this sort of thing isn't good, but I think many forgo other things simply for the thrill of being noticed (even if they aren't making money). Have you seen how many people exclaim how many followers they have constantly? That seems to be more important to them, or they mistakingly believe that will lead them to riches.

#268 2 years ago

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but to actually answer the question the thread title poses is, I believe one reason is right now it is easier than ever to be a flipper. There are so many more outlets for a private individual to resell their stuff than 10 years ago or more. About anything I post on FB Marketplace, if priced right, sells almost instantly. I've even sold collectibles on FB MP and was willing to sit on the price until I found the right buyer. I have purchased items from Mercari and browsed other selling aps when searching for an item that I want.

#269 2 years ago

Hard to believe people don't want to show up at an interview to be paid peanuts for jobs most of us would refuse to do.

Your friends are actually hiring these people then I assume?

Sorry about your work schedule, have you tried taking some free online classes or going back to school to get a job that pays more so you don't have to work as much?

Again, not eveyone is as fortunate as us. You could use the internet resources you keep harping on to take 10 seconds and actually see that for yourself:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/06/22/digital-divide-persists-even-as-americans-with-lower-incomes-make-gains-in-tech-adoption/

#270 2 years ago

Everything?? Everything!!

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Everything?? Everything!!

My used underwear sales have gone through the roof.

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

So, which sandwich is the equivalent of a hand job?
    Asking for a friend.

The Filet-o-Fish, of course

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

With extra tartar sauce. For the Filet-o-Fish. Not the hand job.

Okay...maybe the hand job, too.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With extra tartar sauce. For the Filet-o-Fish. Not the hand job.

Okay...maybe the hand job, too.

Extra tartar sauce depends on how good the hand job is

What

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Makes sense as I’ve witnessed the sloppy construction of some of these in the Filet-O-Fish thread.

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Makes sense as I’ve witnessed the sloppy construction of some of these in the Filet-O-Fish thread.

Dammit now I want a McRib.

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Just came from McDonald's where I opted out on the McRib because it looked so disgusting. Got an Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin with egg instead.

And people flip burgers there, so this post is still on topic.

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You call them lazy, but the business owners who have worked their asses off are also the ones who raised them.

At no point in time did I say anything about people being lazy. I said that IF you want it, you go get it. Not everyone has the same drive and desire, so if someone is fine with working at McDonalds for minimum wage then so be it. Sitting around bitching for a higher wage is a lot easier than going back to school and busting your ass to go get that higher wage.

Quoted from grantopia:

Hard to believe people don't want to show up at an interview to be paid peanuts for jobs most of us would refuse to do.
    Your friends are actually hiring these people then I assume?

Did I at any point mention what positions were being hired for and what the pay was for those positions? I'm sick of people taking a comment, twisting it into a knot to fit their argument and then spitting out a pile of crap.

How do you know the job pays peanuts and isn't something "most of us" wouldn't want? You don't and are just pulling that out of your ass to fit your argument.

Quoted from grantopia:

Sorry about your work schedule, have you tried taking some free online classes or going back to school to get a job that pays more so you don't have to work as much?
    /

I appreciate the sarcastic comment. I have plenty of degrees already and am content right where I'm at. If I cared so much about working those hours then I'd do something about it. Which is my entire damn point. If you don't like your situation, you change it.

When did personal responsibility go out the window? Ugh.

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

If the Filet-O-Fish is the equivalent of a hand job, I hate to think what the McRib is.

#280 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

It's not all one sided though. While I can certainly concur that what you state is an issue, everyone is complaining, but not asking why it is like that. You call them lazy, but the business owners who have worked their asses off are also the ones who raised them. I know few parents are going to come out and say "I raised a spoiled child", but I can guarantee most of them worked their asses off and provided for them, and called them special, and wanted them to not have a hard life and have to work as hard as they did, and wanted them to be their friends. That was OUR generation. We hated watching what our parents went through. We wanted better for our kids....and many gave a better life to them. And...well..here we are. It was our generation who's kids just never moved out. I find that insane. I couldn't wait to get out left the day after I graduated. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Maybe not being your kids friend, and making them WANT to leave and prove to be better than you is more motivating than handing them everything. (not saying this is the case, just making a point).
    Who's to say they aren't right though and screw normal BS rat race jobs? It isn't them suffering, it's clearly 'us' who don't have our slaves building all our toys for us, etc. Remember when our parents said our generation was lazy and wasting all our time on computers and games? Things change. Whether you want them to or not.
    Another, huge part of this equation that I don't think anyone has brought up is that with the rise of social media, it seems that instant gratification has risen to extremes and that many are so addicted and wanting that 'fame' they think comes with 'friends' that they'd rather do that than work. I'm not saying money from this sort of thing isn't good, but I think many forgo other things simply for the thrill of being noticed (even if they aren't making money). Have you seen how many people exclaim how many followers they have constantly? That seems to be more important to them, or they mistakingly believe that will lead them to riches.

You are way too invested in this thread.

#281 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

If the Filet-O-Fish is the equivalent of a hand job, I hate to think what the McRib is.

Quoted from Coindork:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #282 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

You are way too invested in this thread.

Pinside was slowing down. I get paid by the character.

#283 2 years ago

At no point in time did I say anything about people being lazy. I said that IF you want it, you go get it. Not everyone has the same drive and desire, so if someone is fine with working at McDonalds for minimum wage then so be it. Sitting around bitching for a higher wage is a lot easier than going back to school and busting your ass to go get that higher wage.

Did I at any point mention what positions were being hired for and what the pay was for those positions? I'm sick of people taking a comment, twisting it into a knot to fit their argument and then spitting out a pile of crap.
    How do you know the job pays peanuts and isn't something "most of us" wouldn't want? You don't and are just pulling that out of your ass to fit your argument.

I appreciate the sarcastic comment. I have plenty of degrees already and am content right where I'm at. If I cared so much about working those hours then I'd do something about it. Which is my entire damn point. If you don't like your situation, you change it.
    When did personal responsibility go out the window? Ugh.

I mean I can't go 15 rounds with someone that isn't able to see the world past their own situation. For how fired up you are about me "making assumptions" your whole argument is based on your assumption that poor people are simply lazy and have all the same time and tools and opportunities that you do. That couldn't be further from the truth and there's clearly nothing I can say to convince you to look past yourself.

When did empathy and understanding for others go out the window?

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

When did empathy and understanding for others go out the window?

It didn't, as long as it's about empathy for 'me' and not 'you'.

#285 2 years ago

Everyone is up in arms about wage and it is more than that. When you have a steady stream of applicants for decades and then it instantly stops and then jobs sit for 9+ months with 0 applications I can promise you there is something more going on.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Everyone is up in arms about wage and it is more than that. When you have a steady stream of applicants for decades and then it instantly stops and then jobs sit for 9+ months with 0 applications I can promise you there is something more going on.

Well yeah, that's the whole point of this part of the discussion. Why, and what is the cause? You say I'm invested, and try to shame me for having talking points. All of the things people have mentioned are parts of it, there is no one reason. COVID and the last year has made some people reevaluate priorities. I can't say I blame them. If I worked with the public and was treated the way people have been acting for $8/hr, I'd be walking away as well. Whether you believe COVID is an issue or not, it is indeed true that people in general are showing their true colors since it came around. It is downright hostile out there. I hear the stories from friends and family and the wife almost daily. It isn't because of COVID though.

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Well yeah, that's the whole point of this part of the discussion. Why, and what is the cause? You say I'm invested, and try to shame me for having talking points. Are you actually interested in the reasons? All of the things people have mentioned are parts of it, there is no one reason. COVID and the last year has made some people reevaluate priorities. I can't say I blame them. If I worked with the public and was treated the way people have been acting for $8/hr, I'd be walking away as well. Whether you believe COVID is an issue or not, it is indeed true that people in general are showing their true colors since it came around. It is downright hostile out there. I hear the stories from friends and family and the wife almost daily. It isn't because of COVID though.

We can't say without getting political. Honestly...

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

We can't say without getting political. Honestly...

VeneratedGoldenEland-size_restricted.gifVeneratedGoldenEland-size_restricted.gif
    #289 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Amazing what happens when folks aren't actually forced to work for shitty people doing shitty jobs just to survive.

#290 2 years ago

Just got back from Red Lobster. One server for the entire restaurant. I asked him how it was going and he said most customers understand the situation and don't mind the waiting times. He said he's make over $100hr in tips and they can't get anyone to come to help out.

#291 2 years ago

Here's a picture of a cute armadillo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #292 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I’m near Microcenter, I probably should put some more effort in there but I’m busy right now and don’t have time for the chase. I just checked the local store, they have a 1080Ti on the shelf right now. But the price is 2k. I’m not paying 2X list. Scalpers, all of them.

OOOF! Have you been there lately? They're remodeling the entire store all at once!

#293 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

My used underwear sales have gone through the roof.

You laugh, but when I lived in Japan, this was a thing. I kid you not, in the local mall there was an arcade. In this arcade, there was a crane. In this crane there were clear cases with women's underwear with a picture of the woman that wore the underwwear. 500yen (a little more than $5 at the time) per play.

#294 2 years ago

It's hard to fathom how this country could be having so many crises, and in so many different areas and markets. It's almost as if there is some common factor that is causing this all to happen. I can't put my finger on it.

But really, I learned from Oprah long ago that a positive outlook will overcome anything (OK, maybe not Stage 4 cancer). Despite all the problems domestically, and on the world stage, I will tell you one thing - no other country comes even close to the USA when it comes to dancing. We have always had the hottest moves, hands down (pun intended). We might be going down the drain economically and militarily but baby, we got rhythm and booty-shaking galore. I'm not even sure the Chinese have booties, and they sure can't shake them if they do.

I see Facebook is changing its name.....I predict within the next 3-1/2 years the USA will also change its name to "Idiocracy", if the producers of that fine movie will give permission.

#295 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You say I'm invested, and try to shame me

I do apologize. I had no idea you were so sensitive to take it that way. Ill kerswoosh and move along. Have fun debating the world.

#296 2 years ago

Unfortunately alot of truths have been told here today. Hey at least we still got pinball. My new Godzilla LE just arrived and I am unboxing as I'm writing. This should keep me complacent for a little while.
    Keep flipping everyone.

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I do apologize. I had no idea you were so sensitive to take it that way. Ill kerswoosh and move along. Have fun debating the world.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

#298 2 years ago

I have a few nice things. But I sacrificed and worked my ass off for them.

#299 2 years ago

The US needs more immigrants to fill some of these minimum-wage jobs. That’s a pro-business move.

#300 2 years ago

Much rather give any job that is available to the people here who need it the most.

independence-day-4th-of-july.gifindependence-day-4th-of-july.gif
    There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/people-are-flipping-everything-/page/6?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.