5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinPatch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1Q-Host_Andrew_Zegers(L) Penny_Marshall(R).jpg
    joe cindy penny (resized).jpg
    pm (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Actress Penny Marshall, who found fame in TV's "Laverne & Shirley" before going on to direct such beloved films as "Big" and "A League of Their Own," has died. She was 75.

Got to meet her at a few shows. Sad news...she was quite a director...
    She also directed "Awakenings" with Robert De Niro and Robin Williams...I love that film!

pm (resized).JPGpm (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

My wife and I had the chance to meet her at Steel City Con about 3 years ago. Super sweet lady. She was an icon growing up with "Lavern and Shirley". She was the first woman to direct a movie that made over $100 Million with "Big". She did it again with "A League of Their Own".

#3 5 years ago

I always hated the movie "Big" because I thought it was going to be aboot "The Big Ragoo."

#4 5 years ago

Having fun with my buddy, Joe and the girls!

joe cindy penny (resized).jpgjoe cindy penny (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

Schlemiel! Schlemazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!

R.I.P. Penny!

#6 5 years ago

Watching BIG right now! So... funny!!

Remembering the laughs... not gonna be sad.

Funniest Laverne & Shirley episode EVER: "The Bardwell Caper"

From IMDB:
    Passed over for a raise, Shirley pens a note to the boss. Laverne signs, adding an insult, and it gets sent. Later, he informs them they did get the raise. Now the girls must execute "Mission: Impossible" to retrieve the nasty note.

They spent the first part of the episode executing an extremely complex "Mission Impossible" style recovery dressed in black and executing the whole thing amazingly perfect. They grab the note... then, the cut back to the apartment, saying something like "and that's how we'll do it"... it did NOT go as smoothly.

faz

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Having fun with my buddy, Joe and the girls!
    [quoted image]

Wow! Cool seeing them together again.

Growing up in Milwaukee, Happy Days and L&S were very important to us.

What is shocking is realizing how rare she was a Director of successful films. Even today - female film directors are far and few between.

#8 5 years ago

Huge baseball and basketball fan.

She was on a episode of extreme collectors showing off her amazing collection of sports memorabilia. Seemed like a very cool person. RIP.

1Q-Host_Andrew_Zegers(L) Penny_Marshall(R).jpg1Q-Host_Andrew_Zegers(L) Penny_Marshall(R).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

Loved Laverne and Shirley RIP. Had no idea she directed Big

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/penny-marshall-dead-at-75-?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.