(Topic ID: 200257)

Penn Skate (& arcade) -Allentown

By Kolchak357

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

464D6328-BC29-4178-860F-EE1B568D17E6 (resized).jpeg
    2019-03-17 15.23.44 (resized).jpg
    2019-03-17 15.23.40 (resized).jpg
    2019-03-17 15.23.36 (resized).jpg
    2019-03-17 15.23.32 (resized).jpg
    2019-03-17 15.23.29 (resized).jpg
    ballbonebusters (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

My wife found an article about Penn Skate on lehighvalley.com (link below). Their arcade sounds pretty cool, 16 pins plus some arcade games. I have never been there but plan on checking it out. Anyone been there already? Would love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/pinball_tournament.html

#2 6 years ago

It's a very nice arcade, machines are well maintained and working properly. There's a monthly tournament, next one is on the 24th.

#3 6 years ago

Hey there! Thanks for posting the article. I'm the tournament director for the tournament that emkay mentioned. I'll second one emkay said, the machines are well maintained and it is definitely one of the more unique lineups in the area. Lots of games that you don't see on location that often (Radical, BMX, Blackwater 100, etc).

I should also note that the arcade has a flat rate admission ($10) and then all games are on freeplay.

ALSO note that the arcade is only open on the weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) even though the skate park is open all week. I just would hate for you to drive over there from Kutztown on a weekday only to be disappointed.

If you have any questions about the location or about the tournaments we run, feel free to ask on here or message me. If you come out to a tournament, please let me know it's you when you register so that I can introduce myself.

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the arcade only being open on Fri-Sun. I will definitely check it out one of these weekends.
    I'll probably pass on the tournaments though. Never played in any pin tourny or league. I'm a pretty awful player. Love to play pinball though. Thanks again

#5 6 years ago

removed, sorry.

#6 6 years ago

Anyone have their current list of pins? Didn't see it listed on their website.

#7 6 years ago

#bmx, Blackwater 100, Domino, Escape from the Lost World, Home Run, Hook, Last Action Hero, #metallica-le (premium), Pirates of the Caribbean, Playboy 35th Anniversary, Pool Sharks, Radical!, Secret Service, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.

The next tournament will have a Ghostbusters but that isn't a permanent game at the arcade.

Bone Busters and a couple others are coming soon.

#8 6 years ago

The next Penn Skate Arcade tournament is this Tuesday (October 24th) at 7pm. The arcade is open all weekend for those of you who want to come down and get some last minute practice in. More info on the tournament is available here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1972784026330877/

#9 6 years ago

WFMZ came out last night to do a story on our tournament. Enjoy!

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/pinball-league-starts-up-in-allentown/644740670

#10 6 years ago

Definitely check it out. They also have a Millionaire.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks for posting that. Nice piece by WFMZ.

#12 6 years ago

Was pretty sweet they had the camera on NG while he rolled the Millionaire. Reporter dude seemed to have little sense of what it meant but he was picking up on the energy for sure.

1 month later
    #13 6 years ago

Our next tournament is tomorrow at 7pm. Sign ups start at 6pm. Hope to see you there! https://www.facebook.com/events/205656383308965/

ALSO, just added is Bone Busters Inc. !

ballbonebusters (resized).pngballbonebusters (resized).png

#14 6 years ago

tournament bump

2 weeks later
    #15 6 years ago

Just a reminder that the next tournament is on Tuesday. We bumped it up a week earlier so that it wasn't too close to the holidays. Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/305133599981485/

1 month later
    #16 6 years ago

Less than a week until the next Penn Skate tournament. See you on Tuesday night! Signups/warmups begin around 6:00pm with the tournament starting at 7:00pm.

https://www.facebook.com/events/662372360599771/

A short sample of the current lineup includes: Metallica (premium), Bone Busters, Inc., Radical!, Blackwater 100, Ghostbusters (premium), and Last Action Hero.

8 months later
    #17 5 years ago

Monthly tournament is tonight at 7pm. Signups/warmups begin around 6pm.

Some (not all) of the current lineup: Houdini, Elvira and the Party Monsters, BMX, Elvis, and Motordome.

Hope to see you there!

#18 5 years ago

I had a blast last time I played, just wish it wasn't on a Tuesday night. Ass was dragging at work the next day.

J.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

I had a blast last time I played, just wish it wasn't on a Tuesday night. Ass was dragging at work the next day.
    J.

You're telling me! Plus I'm usually eliminated early but still have to stay until the end because I'm the tournament director. But I have fun doing it.

Sorry it's on a Tuesday night. I'm still trying to brainstorm some other events so stay tuned just in case I have something else to offer.

#20 5 years ago

Tonight's line up Rocky & Bullwinkle, Blackwater 100, BMX, Bone Busters, Elvira and the party monsters, Elvis, Ghostbusters (premium), Hook, Houdini, Last Action Hero, Metallica (premium), Motordome, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pool Sharks, Waterworld

5 months later
    #21 5 years ago

Tonight there is another tournament. Register starting at 6. Tournament starts at 7.

4 weeks later
    #22 5 years ago

Tournament happens tonight at 7:00!

For those that didn't hear, the PHILA Pinball Selfie League is back. Tonight is a great night to come out for a tournament as well as set some scores for this location in the selfie tournament. This season Penn Skate Arcade's selfie games are Ghostbusters (Premium)-le, Houdini, and Elvira and the Party Monsters.

2 weeks later
    #23 4 years ago

Myself and Connor went to check out Penn Skate in Allentown. What a fantastic arcade at a wonderful price. All games were clean and played great.

2019-03-17 15.23.29 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 15.23.29 (resized).jpg

2019-03-17 15.23.32 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 15.23.32 (resized).jpg

#24 4 years ago

Had some cool an usual games like Blackwater, BMX, Motordome and Radical... plus a decent selection of new games.

2019-03-17 15.23.36 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 15.23.36 (resized).jpg

2019-03-17 15.23.40 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 15.23.40 (resized).jpg

2019-03-17 15.23.44 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 15.23.44 (resized).jpg

If you are in Allentown check this place out!

1 month later
    #25 4 years ago

The lineup got a little bit of an update after Pinfest. You'll now find Oktoberfest, Game Show, and Monster Bash (original)

#26 4 years ago

I visited Penn Skate this past weekend and had a blast for a few hours. It's definitely worth the price of admission to play. All of the games were fully functional and in good shape. It was cool to have an Oktoberfest right next to a Houdini to try out. I intend to go back my next weekend off.

7 months later
    #27 4 years ago

A couple of quick updates regarding Penn Skate Arcade...

1. A league is starting in February! Visit facebook.com/pennskatearcade for all of the details.
    2. Normal monthly tournaments are continuing. Those will continue to be on the 4th Tuesday of each month.
    3. Game Updates: Junk Yard, Rollergames, and Bad Cats are new to the lineup

If you have any questions about the league, monthly tournaments, or the current lineup - feel free to ask!

2 months later
    #28 4 years ago

Greetings Pinball Players!

Due to recent developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Penn Skate Arcade will be suspending our monthly tournament events held on the 4th Tuesday of each month until further notice. We will continue to monitor the events on a daily basis as news develops. Missed tournaments might be made up in the future if timing and schedules permit.

Please note that this announcement is only for the monthly IFPA pinball tournament. Penn Skate's skate park, store, and arcade are still open for business! Feel free to call Penn Skate at (610)-437-2452 to confirm the park's latest status before making your trip.

9 months later
    #29 3 years ago

Happy New Year Everybody!!! It’s been almost a full year since our arcade has seen action, yes a full year already! Looking forward to getting all you pin heads back in the arcade this year for tournaments, leagues, and just flat out players!!! Fired up ALL the games today and played a few... with the exception of some dusty glass, all is well! Wishing you a safe and happy start to the year, and I hope to see you soon!!

464D6328-BC29-4178-860F-EE1B568D17E6 (resized).jpeg464D6328-BC29-4178-860F-EE1B568D17E6 (resized).jpeg
    2 years later
    #30 1 year ago

Penn skate is closing, building is being sold, and they are auction off the contents. There do not appear to be any pinballs included with the auction.

1 week later
    #32 1 year ago

From what I've heard, games are going into storage right now. Future plans TBD.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

From what I've heard, games are going into storage right now. Future plans TBD.

That is some good news. Their games were in excellent shape there. Hoping they can find a spot to do something similar. With all the shut down mini malls in that area a spot should be easy to score. Back to the Arcade was in a mall that had maybe 5 stores open. I am thinking rent at the other place was good though.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from drummerdude:

Penn skate is closing, building is being sold, and they are auction off the contents. There do not appear to be any pinballs included with the auction.

Please let me clear the air:
    Penn Skate is CLOSED, after 25 years, the last day of operation was December 31, 2022. The building was sold middle of last year. Neither my business nor I owned the building. Auction is for skatepark fixtures only. All the machines were privately owned and will not be up for sale anytime soon. There are plans to relocate in the near future but for now I am taking a long break!!! Thanks to everyone who came out to play, or compete in any of our many events over the years! We hope to see you in the future!

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from PennSkate-Arcade:

Please let me clear the air:
    Penn Skate is CLOSED, after 25 years, the last day of operation was December 31, 2022. The building was sold middle of last year. Neither my business nor I owned the building. Auction is for skatepark fixtures only. All the machines were privately owned and will not be up for sale anytime soon. There are plans to relocate in the near future but for now I am taking a long break!!! Thanks to everyone who came out to play, or compete in any of our many events over the years! We hope to see you in the future!

Bummer, saw the changes on the Pinside, hopefully an archive feature will be set up to preserve historical location info.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/penn-skate-arcade-allentown?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.