2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by newmantjn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Finished up the Dodge City. My next project is a Target Alpha that was defaced with a lot of pencil marks on one side of the head. There are a number of high scores written on the front of the head as well. I will probably leave those, but the markings on the side are just scribble and I want to remove them.

I was thinking maybe a soft eraser? Maybe Mean Green or Totally Awesome? Any experience with this? or recommendations?

#2 2 years ago

If it’s just pencil marks that have not dented into the wood below the paint, I’ve had success using just a soap eraser and/or gum eraser.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Finished up the Dodge City. My next project is a Target Alpha that was defaced with a lot of pencil marks on one side of the head. There are a number of high scores written on the front of the head as well. I will probably leave those, but the markings on the side are just scribble and I want to remove them.
    I was thinking maybe a soft eraser? Maybe Mean Green or Totally Awesome? Any experience with this? or recommendations?

Novus 2 nicely does away with any surface-level blemishes on Gottlieb’s cabinets.

#4 2 years ago

Rub with white bread. Sounds crazy, but works

#5 2 years ago

Lightly...Lightly rub with magic eraser. It will come right off

#6 2 years ago

I'm not ignoring you guys, I'm on a 3 week road trip. I will try any and all methods and let you know the results when I get home (mid July).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pencil-marks-how-to-remove- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.