71750CB3-B984-4D8F-8B16-60F21D5D1A86 (resized).jpeg
3C8C24A1-3CFF-4682-B95C-C172AC24BF78 (resized).jpeg
538A8C13-F54A-48CB-AC11-9BCDBBC4EEF8 (resized).jpeg
ABD36C00-5D6C-4169-B8DA-11C8F96322FF (resized).jpeg
E27D1DEB-5757-4B22-AC8E-00F4DDCC709B (resized).jpeg
D6F7C150-C9BB-48B2-8273-363E78401101 (resized).jpeg
8AB7358D-CE43-4C60-885B-FAEFEEAFC902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8324 (resized).jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I loathe the entire concept of the Peloton. Which probably means I’d end up liking it. I’m surprised at all the enthusiasm on here for it. But I think thats great, especially since it means everyone’s exercising and enjoying it.
I have a broken (won’t turn on) recombinant bike in my basement that provides just enough resistance for a good, sweaty workout. I use it in winter. Maybe I’ll swap it out for a Peloton one of these winters.

I was using an old school spin bike for the last year and this is a big upgrade but I am ultra competitive and workout 6 days a week. I wasn't a big believer in Peloton because I thought it was just a fad for people that buy stuff and use it as a coat hanger. But with the way my wife and I work out, I see us using this a ton. We workout so much it is sometimes hard to keep it fresh, the more the options the better.

I am not a big equipment guy either. We do have a treadmill but besides that it is basically free weights, box jumps, push ups and pull ups.

#52 2 years ago

I hate Jen Sherman.

Peloton users...I know you're feelin' me right now.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I was using an old school spin bike for the last year and this is a big upgrade but I am ultra competitive and workout 6 days a week.

What do you consider an old school spin bike? I bought a mid-upper range Sunny spin bike a couple weeks ago. My weightlifting is on hold due to a recent rotator cuff surgery (and likely upcoming one on the other side). Needed something to try to stay in shape since I can't do upper body workouts for a while.

I still don't see the need for the monthly fee and riding with other people and all that. I ride until I'm tired of it, at my own pace, while watching TV or listening to music.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

What do you consider an old school spin bike? I bought a mid-upper range Sunny spin bike a couple weeks ago. My weightlifting is on hold due to a recent rotator cuff surgery (and likely upcoming one on the other side). Needed something to try to stay in shape since I can't do upper body workouts for a while.
I still don't see the need for the monthly fee and riding with other people and all that. I ride until I'm tired of it, at my own pace, while watching TV or listening to music.

Old school= no electronics. It was made for serious cyclist. We had it for about 12 years. It was a good workout and I pushed hard but never really knew where I was at.

Like I said I am ultra competitive so I like that part of the program so far. (my goal is to get in the top 3% on the rides right now I am about 6%-9%) I also like the instructors pushing me.

Obviously all personal preference, but so far I am happy with the purchase.

#55 2 years ago

I have noticed our bike+ is harder than my buddies bike. I put solid numbers today but the effort was through the roof.

Just need to keep pushing.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hate Jen Sherman.
Peloton users...I know you're feelin' me right now.

Her 60 minute football pre-game rides are brutal. I haven't gone that long since I tore my meniscus a year ago, but I'm finally at the point were I can manage 30 minute rides again. My leg strength just disappears so quickly when I take just a short break.

#57 2 years ago

Loving the competitiveness of this. Already upping my game!

D6F7C150-C9BB-48B2-8273-363E78401101 (resized).jpegD6F7C150-C9BB-48B2-8273-363E78401101 (resized).jpeg
#58 2 years ago

Rouvy!

#59 2 years ago

Still pushing but 471 is my best so far. Did 469 today so i think i am pretty much at my max until i get stronger

1 week later
#60 2 years ago

I got the new bike+ and it is so much harder. I can’t break 400 on it. I have got 398 and 399 but not elusive 400. Just finished 18 days in a row to get to Labor Day weekend. Looking for a nice weekend break and then back to pushing it.

#61 2 years ago

You'll get there I have no doubt. Sometimes the break is the best thing for you.

#62 2 years ago

Hit 404 on the new bike yesterday. Pretty solid. So far, I love this thing and it is making me push hard!

1 week later
#63 2 years ago

415 is my new best on the Bike+ in 30 minutes and I have biked 26 of 30 days (want that full calendar one day).

No one else has love for the peloton?

I guess I am late to the party as usual.

BCPMIKE

#64 2 years ago

Have had a my Peloton for 6 months and still enjoying it. I'm still way out of shape but with every Peloton workout I feel better both physically and mentally.

1 week later
#65 2 years ago

PR’ed today. Hoping to break 500 on the regular bike at some point.

The bike+ is still much harder. I am at 429 on that one.

Have 21 day streak. Want to fill that calendar!

E27D1DEB-5757-4B22-AC8E-00F4DDCC709B (resized).jpegE27D1DEB-5757-4B22-AC8E-00F4DDCC709B (resized).jpeg
#66 2 years ago

Good job. I love the peloton but lately have been lazy and been doing the scenic rides while watching tv. . Don’t get even half the work out as the spin classes.

#67 2 years ago

people can rag on the bike all they want but like others have mentioned, whatever works for them makes it all worth the cost. For me personally, it has made me shed the pounds and also lose the high blood pressure meds - I don't think my doc had any faith in me actually getting to this point.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Jfmav:

Good job. I love the peloton but lately have been lazy and been doing the scenic rides while watching tv. . Don’t get even half the work out as the spin classes.

if only they had the option to overlay both on the screen. Yes, I need the instructor to get me off my butt but also show me the scenic portion as well.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyder99945:

people can rag on the bike all they want but like others have mentioned, whatever works for them makes it all worth the cost. For me personally, it has made me shed the pounds and also lose the high blood pressure meds - I don't think my doc had any faith in me actually getting to this point.

This is awesome!!

I had high blood pressure and have always worked out (heritdatry) but the last couple months taking it to the next level and my blood pressure has dropped into an acceptable range!

2 weeks later
#70 2 years ago

Still crushing this bike.

Best on the bike+ is now 446.

Just completed my 100th ride.

Now give me my free Tee shirt!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Still crushing this bike.
Best on the bike+ is now 446.
Just completed my 100th ride.
Now give me my free Tee shirt!

Congrats! It's the oddest-fitting T-shirt I've ever received. Short.

2 months later
#73 2 years ago

My wife and I have been using the Peloton for roughly 3 years. I loved the tread but we cashed it in for a full refund when they did the recall. Now we just have the bike again. leader board name: Eric1076

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

My wife and I have been using the Peloton for roughly 3 years. I loved the tread but we cashed it in for a full refund when they did the recall. Now we just have the bike again. EPB1076

User name?

I am BCPMIKE

#75 2 years ago

Took a break for a while but starting to push hard again

ABD36C00-5D6C-4169-B8DA-11C8F96322FF (resized).jpegABD36C00-5D6C-4169-B8DA-11C8F96322FF (resized).jpeg
#76 2 years ago

Joined the #Pinsidepeloton tag today....I hope that's us!

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

User name?
I am BCPMIKE

Hey Mike! Input it at the end of the post… I’ll edit so it’s more apparent. Look for an add shortly!
Leader board name: Eric1076

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Joined the #Pinsidepeloton tag today....I hope that's us!

Nice!! I’ll check that out too

#79 2 years ago

My wife got one of these about a month ago. She loves it and I'm just starting out.

Has anyone seen these Peloton ad parodies? It's been a while, but still funny.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/peloton-bike-ads-twitter-thread

1 week later
#80 2 years ago

This is one of the toughest rides i have done

538A8C13-F54A-48CB-AC11-9BCDBBC4EEF8 (resized).jpeg538A8C13-F54A-48CB-AC11-9BCDBBC4EEF8 (resized).jpeg
#81 2 years ago

So how exactly does it work? Are there cameras? Are you just a username and some live stats to an instructor? The whole class?

I got in decent shape last summer (2020) playing tennis with my wife nearly every day. Last year we didn't get nearly as much time in, schedules just didn't align as often. Winters also just kill me. I need some gamification/fun in order to stick with something. Tennis was perfect, but the only option to keep that going in the winter is a club pretty far from me, or a transition to racquetball. Either way I'm spending money, and I'm also reliant on finding someone to play with.

#82 2 years ago

Peloton literally every day. Team Olivia!!!

#83 2 years ago

I just bought one for myself since the gym feels like it is so far away these days. Still doing beginner rides and getting used to the dang thing. Even beginner rides are hurtin'.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Peloton literally every day. Team Olivia!!!

Quoted from alexmogil:

I just bought one for myself since the gym feels like it is so far away these days. Still doing beginner rides and getting used to the dang thing. Even beginner rides are hurtin'.

Member names?

Tags #pinsidepeloton

Ride was tough today. Back to back hard rides are always hard.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Member names?
Tags #pinsidepeloton
Ride was tough today. Back to back hard rides are always hard.

I’m just Brianna_Wu.

#86 2 years ago

I am on too. Just did my 500th ride last week. Pinball tag I have on my profile.

I will add the #pinsidepeloton

Have the bike and tread. Like the bike more, tread is good too for a change of pace.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So how exactly does it work?

Yes you're just a username. But classes are live. You can definitely compete with yourself, for certain levels on the leaderboard - or ignore it completely. I had the app for over a year before committing to the bike & membership purchase. I worked what I thought was hard before - not even close to how hard I work having all the metrics & the leaderboard to 'compete' with.

My wife & I are huge fans. And they don't only have cycling. They have tons of things like yoga, cardio & strength if you have room. They also have tons of 'bodyweight' classes so you don't even need to have weights at home.

They currently have an offer to try the app for free for a couple months. If you're interested, its a no brainer to check it out. You won't get a feel for the bike or the leaderboard, but you can see some of the classes they offer. But, if you end up wanting to purchase - use my referral code. My wife loves the leggings & they aren't cheap!

2 weeks later
#88 2 years ago

I made the leap and jumped in on the regular bike. We took delivery just 2-3 days after purchasing. Thanks to bkfiv for the referral!

I'm on a 7 day streak so far. I'm going through the beginner program, but have been filling in on those off days to make sure I keep up a routine. I'm surprised at how demanding even some of these low impact 15 minute rides are. I really like it so far. The bike feels great, and there seems to be enough variety in instructors that I'll eventually settle in on a few I like. I'm mostly motivated by the progress tracking, streaks, badges, challenges... all the gamification stuff.

I'm just aiming to keep roughly in the top half of the leaderboard for now. That feels like a good benchmark considering I'm pretty out of shape right now. The gripe I have about the leaderboard is even when I'm at the very top of the resistance and cadence I'm still not anywhere near the top of the leaderboard. It seems that it rewards those that are going outside the parameters set by the instructors. I guess it makes sense not to cap it, it just feels like there's a better way to do it.

I have a really cheap treadmill I'm currently using under a standing desk to make a walking desk. I used the one we had at the office pretty much every day for an hour or two. I do that less at home, but want to get back into a routine. The current one I have is nice because it's really small, and I need to be able to move it to really access the pool table, etc. I am thinking about replacing it with a Peloton Tread once the time comes.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I made the leap and jumped in on the regular bike. We took delivery just 2-3 days after purchasing. Thanks to bkfiv for the referral!
I'm on a 7 day streak so far. I'm going through the beginner program, but have been filling in on those off days to make sure I keep up a routine. I'm surprised at how demanding even some of these low impact 15 minute rides are. I really like it so far. The bike feels great, and there seems to be enough variety in instructors that I'll eventually settle in on a few I like. I'm mostly motivated by the progress tracking, streaks, badges, challenges... all the gamification stuff.
I'm just aiming to keep roughly in the top half of the leaderboard for now. That feels like a good benchmark considering I'm pretty out of shape right now. The gripe I have about the leaderboard is even when I'm at the very top of the resistance and cadence I'm still not anywhere near the top of the leaderboard. It seems that it rewards those that are going outside the parameters set by the instructors. I guess it makes sense not to cap it, it just feels like there's a better way to do it.
I have a really cheap treadmill I'm currently using under a standing desk to make a walking desk. I used the one we had at the office pretty much every day for an hour or two. I do that less at home, but want to get back into a routine. The current one I have is nice because it's really small, and I need to be able to move it to really access the pool table, etc. I am thinking about replacing it with a Peloton Tread once the time comes.

Glad you are on board. I love the bike. Check out the pinside tag or find friends and ride with them if you don't care about the leader board. I like the leader board. It pushes me, and yes I ride way out of the ranges suggested by instructor. Usually finishing in the top 2-5%. But I am ultra competitive and like to dry heave a lot.

Also try a live ride if you haven't done it yet. Definitely a unique experience.

Keep on pushing, your body will thank you!

Hit me up BCPMIKE and lets ride together at some point.

#90 2 years ago

If we're swapping peloton nicknames, mine is thekiyote there, too.

I got mine early 2020, when my wife and I were expecting our first child and I wanted something indoors to train on. Luckily, my work has a really good fitness payback program, which only got better through covid, so I don't even pay for it anymore. I probably wouldn't have gotten it otherwise.

It's a ton of fun, more so than I thought it was going to be, though I am using it less lately, though, as I started running more, to prep for the Chicago Marathon.

#91 2 years ago

Solid 20 minute ride today!

3C8C24A1-3CFF-4682-B95C-C172AC24BF78 (resized).jpeg3C8C24A1-3CFF-4682-B95C-C172AC24BF78 (resized).jpeg
#92 2 years ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

If we're swapping peloton nicknames, mine is thekiyote there, too.
I got mine early 2020, when my wife and I were expecting our first child and I wanted something indoors to train on. Luckily, my work has a really good fitness payback program, which only got better through covid, so I don't even pay for it anymore. I probably wouldn't have gotten it otherwise.
It's a ton of fun, more so than I thought it was going to be, though I am using it less lately, though, as I started running more, to prep for the Chicago Marathon.

If you are running marathons, you must crush the bike.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

If you are running marathons, you must crush the bike.

lol not so much!

#94 2 years ago

My wife is addicted to peloton and our gym is decked out in peloton.

1022C681-17BA-4E11-9F25-DC7CEE7DB151 (resized).jpeg1022C681-17BA-4E11-9F25-DC7CEE7DB151 (resized).jpeg71750CB3-B984-4D8F-8B16-60F21D5D1A86 (resized).jpeg71750CB3-B984-4D8F-8B16-60F21D5D1A86 (resized).jpegB1A06911-D6CC-48F3-B6EB-54C89ED35FC8 (resized).jpegB1A06911-D6CC-48F3-B6EB-54C89ED35FC8 (resized).jpegBF022B05-D607-4A46-9D3D-4624F3C7B38B (resized).jpegBF022B05-D607-4A46-9D3D-4624F3C7B38B (resized).jpeg
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

My wife is addicted to peloton and our gym is decked out in peloton.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is legit!

More jealous of this than the game room thread pics!

#96 2 years ago

Not quite your level

7610B05B-BE11-4D8E-8F9C-63CE84F7CC02 (resized).jpeg7610B05B-BE11-4D8E-8F9C-63CE84F7CC02 (resized).jpeg
#97 2 years ago

Hit up a ride to greatness class today. Never done one of those, pretty fun. I started a minute late but still good output.

71130FC5-AADC-40A4-86EE-5B44EA228B0C (resized).jpeg71130FC5-AADC-40A4-86EE-5B44EA228B0C (resized).jpeg
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Hit up a ride to greatness class today. Never done one of those, pretty fun. I started a minute late but still good output.
[quoted image]

Nice! I did a replay of one of them recently, but it's not really the same without it being live.

#99 2 years ago

Sounds like a peloton rowing machine and a tonal style weight training machine are on the horizon. I debated both of those things before ultimately going with the more mainstream bike (mostly because that's the only piece my wife was interested in).

No regrets so far. I've been pushing to do at least something every day. A lot of the time those shorter 'easy' work outs end up being tougher than the longer ones in the program I'm trying to avoid. Feeling pretty good after wiping out my 20m record today, and finishing about 3k out of 15k.

One thing is for sure, Peloton has no clue what "classic rock" is.

#100 2 years ago

I finally started working out last summer. Will be 40 later this year. Lost about 10-15 lbs already but have been hovering around 200-204 for awhile it seems. I’m not fanatical about it but have been fairly consistent with doing it 3-5 days a week.

Got the Peloton back in october of last year. Wife uses it more than me. Hover around 50% it seems as far as leaderboards go. Still need to work on my diet. Love french fries and beer. I do feel a lot better and feel like the gut has gotten a bit smaller although still there.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peloton-users/page/2?hl=sawbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.