71750CB3-B984-4D8F-8B16-60F21D5D1A86 (resized).jpeg
3C8C24A1-3CFF-4682-B95C-C172AC24BF78 (resized).jpeg
538A8C13-F54A-48CB-AC11-9BCDBBC4EEF8 (resized).jpeg
ABD36C00-5D6C-4169-B8DA-11C8F96322FF (resized).jpeg
E27D1DEB-5757-4B22-AC8E-00F4DDCC709B (resized).jpeg
D6F7C150-C9BB-48B2-8273-363E78401101 (resized).jpeg
8AB7358D-CE43-4C60-885B-FAEFEEAFC902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8324 (resized).jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Not sure who does Peloton (I'm pretty addicted) but saw this username yesterday. Anyone here?

IMG_8324 (resized).jpgIMG_8324 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account. lol Love the bike and its not as easy as I expected. Now I fully understand the need for the rubber sweat mat option!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account. lol Love the bike and its not as easy as I expected. Now I fully understand the need for the rubber sweat mat option!

Haha! That's pretty cool. It's completely random that I saw it. You simply can't sweat more than on a Peloton for 30-45 minutes.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Haha! That's pretty cool. It's completely random that I saw it. You simply can't sweat more than on a Peloton for 30-45 minutes.

I love my Peloton!

#6 4 years ago

Peloton means fearless in Finnish

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Spotted a "pinballpaul" a few days back!

#8 4 years ago

We have one, my wife uses it more than I. Its a great piece of equipment. I am thinking of purchasing the treadmill in the future.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account

holy crap, can't believe the mystery got solved so fast.

#10 4 years ago

I really want one, I use the spin bike at my gym for about 30 minutes 4 days a week. Just hard to invest $2300 plus monthly fees in something without flippers .

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I really want one, I use the spin bike at my gym for about 30 minutes 4 days a week. Just hard to invest $2300 plus monthly fees in something without flippers .

I did the same. I used a spin bike for 5 months before getting the real Peloton. Part of it was proof of concept and making sure I didn’t abandon it.

Quoted from frolic:

holy crap, can't believe the mystery got solved so fast.

I didn’t expect that either!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't really get the hype myself. You can get a decent spin bike for $100-200, and you don't need to pay a monthly fee to motivate yourself do you? Is it the competition of knowing you're working out at the same time as virtual strangers? Don't get me wrong, I work out daily in my home. I have $3000+ in weightlifting equipment and used to have an elliptical and a treadmill that were $1500 each, but I sold those and now only do the weightlifting. For cardio I go outside and walk/run if it's nice. I think Peloton is a fad that won't be around in a decade.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I don't really get the hype myself. You can get a decent spin bike for $100-200, and you don't need to pay a monthly fee to motivate yourself do you? Is it the competition of knowing you're working out at the same time as virtual strangers? Don't get me wrong, I work out daily in my home. I have $3000+ in weightlifting equipment and used to have an elliptical and a treadmill that were $1500 each, but I sold those and now only do the weightlifting. For cardio I go outside and walk/run if it's nice. I think Peloton is a fad that won't be around in a decade.

Working out outside on my real bike is my preferred exercise. But in New England that's really only an option for 8 or 9 months. And the winter is when I lose my motivation big time. I work from home which is even harder, it's taken a lot of the regular movement you'd get hopping on the subway or even navigating a parking lot on foot.

I think the idea that I'd be accountable to an instructor and get that interaction with a pro trainer that's enticing. It sure is a lot of money but I guess spending money on something that might keep heart disease and diabetes away might be worth it.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I think the idea that I'd be accountable to an instructor and get that interaction with a pro trainer that's enticing. It sure is a lot of money but I guess spending money on something that might keep heart disease and diabetes away might be worth it.

That's reasonable. I'm just against anything that has a monthly membership fee. I'm not like your typical pinside member with $50k-200k+ pinball collections. I'm as frugal as they come. I don't have a membership/subscription to anything other than my TV/phone/internet bundle. No cell phone or gym memberships. I'm trying to retire before 45 and live a minimalist lifestyle. I've always noticed that the more things I own, the less happy I am.

#15 4 years ago

Would love to have one, but don't understand all the negativity about their new commercial. Haters gotta hate!!

#16 4 years ago

I use my Peloton for getting into shape for Snowmobile season otherwise I try to ride outside during the summer months. Same user name there as here... I'm not too creative when it comes to name for myself.

#17 4 years ago

I have both the treadmill and bike....both are great products

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Would love to have one, but don't understand all the negativity about their new commercial. Haters gotta hate!!

The commercial might have played better if the wife gave the machine to her 40 pound overweight husband. The wife’s “journey” over the year brought her weight down perhaps 5 pounds from what looks to be an okay weight in the first place.

#19 4 years ago

My only complaint with Peloton is their outrageous monthly fees....My buddy has the ifit S22i commercial bike, which is way better bike than my peloton and the fees are only $8 per month.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My only complaint with Peloton is their outrageous monthly fees....My buddy has the ifit S22i commercial bike, which is way better bike than my peloton and the fees are only $8 per month.

Forbes did a study and as far as construction is concerned, Peloton LOSES money on the bike, but the app is the moneymaker. I used a reg. Schwinn spin bike and the peloton app on my iPad for 6 months. Finally the bike sucked me in.

Quoted from schwism:

The commercial might have played better if the wife gave the machine to her 40 pound overweight husband. The wife’s “journey” over the year brought her weight down perhaps 5 pounds from what looks to be an okay weight in the first place.

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC. FYI, if people spent the same time on a Peloton instead of being "outraged", they'd be in much better shape.

#21 4 years ago

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC.

Huh? Why the hell not? I'm fat, and I think that would actually be a pretty interesting move, WITH the caveat that they needed to find someone that was actually overweight and lost weight using the thing to 'act the role'.

Oh, that's right, it's because most health nuts would rather bitch about not seeing their perfect ideal of beauty than to actually encourage people to do something good for themselves, much less be supportive.....and that's their prime market. Got nothing to do with being PC or not...they're just marketing to people they think will spend the money. They don't want to risk the backlash (Although they apparently got it anyways...first I'm hearing of this one lol) from their normal market segment just to pick up a few of us fatties as customers.

Seriously though...marketing is about projecting an image. Do you want your exercise equipment to be associated with someone that's obese....or someone that fits the very traditional image of "hot and fit". Cmon. Getting mad at them for that....there's so many better things to do in life, but some people just have to be offended by literally everything.

#22 4 years ago

Just bought one today!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Huh? Why the hell not? I'm fat, and I think that would actually be a pretty interesting move, WITH the caveat that they needed to find someone that was actually overweight and lost weight using the thing to 'act the role'.
Oh, that's right, it's because most health nuts would rather bitch about not seeing their perfect ideal of beauty than to actually encourage people to do something good for themselves, much less be supportive.....and that's their prime market. Got nothing to do with being PC or not...they're just marketing to people they think will spend the money. They don't want to risk the backlash (Although they apparently got it anyways...first I'm hearing of this one lol) from their normal market segment just to pick up a few of us fatties as customers.
Seriously though...marketing is about projecting an image. Do you want your exercise equipment to be associated with someone that's obese....or someone that fits the very traditional image of "hot and fit". Cmon. Getting mad at them for that....there's so many better things to do in life, but some people just have to be offended by literally everything.

Agree. If it’s not PC why are WW and Nutrisystem flooding us with before and after ads (starting January 2)?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It doesn't MAKE you shed pounds. Diet is 80-90% of that. Trust me I'm speaking from experience. But it WILL get you in much better health and condition you. And the camaraderie with other users is pretty damn cool. The commercial rings true. The PERCEPTION of most does not.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Me either I figured his hot wife wanted one and he got her one!
There’s a group of people in this country that suck all of the fun out of everything.I honestly think normal folks should just ignore them

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Jared killed the deal for all of us fat guys.

#27 4 years ago

It doesn't MAKE you shed pounds. Diet is 80-90% of that. Trust me I'm speaking from experience. But it WILL get you in much better health and condition you. And the camaraderie with other users is pretty damn cool. The commercial rings true. The PERCEPTION of most does not.

When I was actually going to the gym, I made it a point to compete with myself, so I get that. I don't know the first thing about Peloton's program/bikes other than their commercials sound really ridiculous when you hear the same pseudo-techno music 12 times an hour.

There's no amount of 'diet' I can do, personally, that would get me into anything approaching 'healthy' BMI. I know, because I tried about 12 years ago. Even with the benefit of exercise 5 days a week, and eating decently, lowest I ever got was 220...which...is...still.....fat. By like 40 lbs for my height. Some of us really do just have shit genetics. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in trying again, but...yeah. I need someone to remove some of these fat cells that never fully go away.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Jared killed the deal for all of us fat guys.

Ouch, but true? .... >=\

#28 4 years ago

What kills me about the Peloton commercials is the people shown using it are in their 20's and live in million dollar homes. Ridiculous.

#29 4 years ago

Forbes did a study and as far as construction is concerned, Peloton LOSES money on the bike, but the app is the moneymaker. I used a reg. Schwinn spin bike and the peloton app on my iPad for 6 months. Finally the bike sucked me in.

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC. FYI, if people spent the same time on a Peloton instead of being "outraged", they'd be in much better shape.

Thats not a surprise. One thing I did notice is the the S22i bike is far superior to the peloton bike on many levels. That being said the content on Peloton is superior, but not $22 a month superior

#30 4 years ago

Would be a better commercial with a Queen theme...

Fat Bottom girls you make the rocking world go round...

Get on your bikes and ride

4 months later
#31 3 years ago

Just joined the Peloton club. My wife has been asking for one for quite some time, and we finally bit the bullet. I didn't think I would get into it, but have really enjoyed the rides. It's definitely expensive, but if it puts me back into shape, I'll gladly continue to pay the monthly fee.

#32 3 years ago

Not really sure why you guys are complaining about the $40 a month being expensive. My wife, daughter, and I are all on the Peloton account and use the bike and app almost daily. That works out to about 40 cents per person per day. If we all had spin class memberships, I can only imagine the thousands of dollars that would cost annually. And that's before the yoga and stretching and everything else Peloton offers in addition to the bike. Go to the Peloton studio (we have) and it'll cost you about $30 to do one ride per person. You guys complaining about the cost are probably the same people that pay hundreds of dollars for plastic stuff to put in your game...makes no sense to me.

10 months later
#33 3 years ago

Great product. The tread is pretty cool piece of equipment for those who like running more, but I prefer the bike.
I think if you are looking for a really intense cardio workout, it’s hard to beat the bike.
Look forward to using it, but it kicks my butt.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

We went with the S22i over a year ago. It's a fantastic and versatile machine. We think it's a better value and product than the Peloton. Auto/electronic resistance and incline/decline, free membership for a year plus much cheaper to begin with. I think Pelotons marketing is better and people assume they are the best without doing research. My wife was sold on the Peloton after trying her friend's but after a little research, the S22i was for us. Stationary bikes are a great way to work out, ours gets most use in the winter/cooler months. I'm sure Peloton has something similar but we love creating own routes with Google maps/streetview of our favorite vacation spots and the bike raising and lowering with the hills. The classes kick my ass, almost as much as moving a pin.

#35 3 years ago

Nobody needs any of this. But I think it's great. I had the app with my spin bike for 3 years as a convenient supplement to the gym.

Between the pandemic & the 'proof' that we'd use it based on our app use, we bought the bike+ recently.

It is awesome. I assumed I was working out as hard as they were instructing us to - not even close. It's really nice having all the metrics right there and the leaderboard. All are ways to get us to push a little harder. Some days we ignore it, but it's pretty cool having them available.

Add on the other classes like yoga, bike bootcamp & tons of strength classes. Now I'm not sure I'll even return to my gym.

Anyway, I think it's awesome. Someone who doesn't is probably right too. Do what works for you!

And let's get more of us jumping on that #pinsidepeloton tag.

1 week later
#36 3 years ago

Have a Peloton arriving next week and excited to start using it! I've packed on some pounds this past year with so much time at home (oh and lots of pizzas and Ben and Jerry's) and now its time to get back into shape haha. I was on the fence with getting either the S22i or the Peloton but the amount of reliability issues I read with the S22i and lack of licensed music for classes in iFit swayed me towards the Peloton. Both look cool and offer nice features.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have a Peloton arriving next week and excited to start using it! I've packed on some pounds this past year with so much time at home (oh and lots of pizzas and Ben and Jerry's) and now its time to get back into shape haha. I was on the fence with getting either the S22i or the Peloton but the amount of reliability issues I read with the S22i and lack of licensed music for classes in iFit swayed me towards the Peloton. Both look cool and offer nice features.

It's not a miracle worker (diet/strength are necessary) but dude it is ADDICTIVE. Do the 2 week start up. Pick some instructors that motivate you and prepare to sweat your ass off.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I thought the same, but once you get the bike you realize how motivating the instructors are and the peloton app is set up to motivate you to reach new goals
It really gained traction when people could not get to the gym.... I understand it's not for you, but it's far from a fad.

#39 3 years ago

Yeah...it's not a fad. We're on our second Peloton now. My wife has used it almost every day for the last three years. I hate people shouting at me and making me feel like even more of a loser. I'm more of a Cybex arc trainer guy so I can read a book in peace.

I have to admit the NordicTrack bike looks great, but there are some concerning issues with it and I'm not sure it has all the added content that Peloton has (outside activity with the phone app, etc.). And I really would miss the music...when the fast part to Live and Let Die comes on, it really makes you want to spin up and add resistance. Great stuff.

#40 3 years ago

It's not a miracle worker (diet/strength are necessary) but dude it is ADDICTIVE. Do the 2 week start up. Pick some instructors that motivate you and prepare to sweat your ass off.

Will do, thanks for the tips!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will do, thanks for the tips!

Congrats we love ours. When we bought ours I fought with the dealer saying we didn’t need the rubber mat and it made no sense till the first heavy ride and there was a lake of sweat on the mat Then it made sense lol. Good luck!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats we love ours. When we bought ours I fought with the dealer saying we didn’t need the rubber mat and it made no sense till the first heavy ride and there was a lake of sweat on the mat Then it made sense lol. Good luck!

Lol yeah the mat seems like a must. The Peloton was delivered the other day. I was impressed by the two employees that delivered the bike, they spent a good amount of time going over everything with me.

Now I'm just finishing up this deep dish pizza before I get started. Just joking lol. The bike looks like a very well made product and as does the LCD / user interface. Having the ability to link a Fit Bit account is a nice touch as well.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yeah the mat seems like a must. The Peloton was delivered the other day. I was impressed by the two employees that delivered the bike, they spent a good amount of time going over everything with me.
Now I'm just finishing up this deep dish pizza before I get started. Just joking lol. The bike looks like a very well made product and as does the LCD / user interface. Having the ability to link a Fit Bit account is a nice touch as well.

I just got a mat (again) for my wife for the same reason. I sold the first one...should have kept it. Pretty necessary.

And since I've been touting the Peloton on this site and I am an honest guy, I must say that the bearings on the flywheel on our 3-month-old Peloton Plus have just started making noise. So we have to replace that part. This is a problem with Pelotons because we replaced that part on the old bike just before we sold it.

So, score one for the NordicTrack guys.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just got a mat (again) for my wife for the same reason. I sold the first one...should have kept it. Pretty necessary.
And since I've been touting the Peloton on this site and I am an honest guy, I must say that the bearings on the flywheel on our 3-month-old Peloton Plus have just started making noise. So we have to replace that part. This is a problem with Pelotons because we replaced that part on the old bike just before we sold it.
So, score one for the NordicTrack guys.

That's good to know, will keep an eye out for that if it starts.

Did my first class yesterday, 30 minutes, and at the start I was thinking "No problem, what's the big deal"...lol. By the end I was exhausted and felt I got a much better workout then using an older stationary bike. The first time the instructor told me to get up off the seat I realized how out of shape I've become. I'm around 5'8" and weigh 240lbs. Not proud of it (like I said too many pizzas and Ben and Jerry's the past year lol) but ready to get back below 200lbs. This bike seems like great motivation, plus its actually fun to use.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good to know, will keep an eye out for that if it starts.
Did my first class yesterday, 30 minutes, and at the start I was thinking "No problem, what's the big deal"...lol. By the end I was exhausted and felt I got a much better workout then using an older stationary bike. The first time the instructor told me to get up off the seat I realized how out of shape I've become. I'm around 5'8" and weigh 240lbs. Not proud of it (like I said too many pizzas and Ben and Jerry's the past year lol) but ready to get back below 200lbs. This bike seems like great motivation, plus its actually fun to use.

You Can do it! Keep a good pace and try not to push it to far. It’s a long game but you will get there. Good luck.

#46 3 years ago

Make sure you join the #pinsidepeloton tag! Looking forward to classes with fellow Pinsiders.

#47 3 years ago

I don't know how you guys do the Peloton day in and day out, really. I hate having somebody yelling at me what to do all the time and I find myself yelling "F**K YOU!!!" back. I'm more of a Cybex guy so I can read a book while waiting for the inevitable blood clot to be thrown.

4 months later
#48 2 years ago

Just bought a peloton bike+. I work out a lot and so far I love this thing and so does my wife. Obviously I do other workouts but this is something different and fun.

I will have to check out the tag above.

I am: BCPMIKE

#49 2 years ago

My best so far!

8AB7358D-CE43-4C60-885B-FAEFEEAFC902 (resized).jpeg8AB7358D-CE43-4C60-885B-FAEFEEAFC902 (resized).jpeg
#50 2 years ago

I loathe the entire concept of the Peloton. Which probably means I’d end up liking it. I’m surprised at all the enthusiasm on here for it. But I think thats great, especially since it means everyone’s exercising and enjoying it.

I have a broken (won’t turn on) recombinant bike in my basement that provides just enough resistance for a good, sweaty workout. I use it in winter. Maybe I’ll swap it out for a Peloton one of these winters.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peloton-users/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.