3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by 2pupPinz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8324 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Not sure who does Peloton (I'm pretty addicted) but saw this username yesterday. Anyone here?

IMG_8324 (resized).jpg
#2 3 months ago

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account. lol Love the bike and its not as easy as I expected. Now I fully understand the need for the rubber sweat mat option!

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account. lol Love the bike and its not as easy as I expected. Now I fully understand the need for the rubber sweat mat option!

Haha! That's pretty cool. It's completely random that I saw it. You simply can't sweat more than on a Peloton for 30-45 minutes.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Haha! That's pretty cool. It's completely random that I saw it. You simply can't sweat more than on a Peloton for 30-45 minutes.

I love my Peloton!

#6 3 months ago

Peloton means fearless in Finnish

1 week later
#7 83 days ago

Spotted a "pinballpaul" a few days back!

#8 83 days ago

We have one, my wife uses it more than I. Its a great piece of equipment. I am thinking of purchasing the treadmill in the future.

#9 83 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. As my wife and I both have Pinball related Peloton user names thats my daughters home account

holy crap, can't believe the mystery got solved so fast.

#10 83 days ago

I really want one, I use the spin bike at my gym for about 30 minutes 4 days a week. Just hard to invest $2300 plus monthly fees in something without flippers .

#11 83 days ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I really want one, I use the spin bike at my gym for about 30 minutes 4 days a week. Just hard to invest $2300 plus monthly fees in something without flippers .

I did the same. I used a spin bike for 5 months before getting the real Peloton. Part of it was proof of concept and making sure I didn’t abandon it.

Quoted from frolic:

holy crap, can't believe the mystery got solved so fast.

I didn’t expect that either!

#12 83 days ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't really get the hype myself. You can get a decent spin bike for $100-200, and you don't need to pay a monthly fee to motivate yourself do you? Is it the competition of knowing you're working out at the same time as virtual strangers? Don't get me wrong, I work out daily in my home. I have $3000+ in weightlifting equipment and used to have an elliptical and a treadmill that were $1500 each, but I sold those and now only do the weightlifting. For cardio I go outside and walk/run if it's nice. I think Peloton is a fad that won't be around in a decade.

#13 83 days ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I don't really get the hype myself. You can get a decent spin bike for $100-200, and you don't need to pay a monthly fee to motivate yourself do you? Is it the competition of knowing you're working out at the same time as virtual strangers? Don't get me wrong, I work out daily in my home. I have $3000+ in weightlifting equipment and used to have an elliptical and a treadmill that were $1500 each, but I sold those and now only do the weightlifting. For cardio I go outside and walk/run if it's nice. I think Peloton is a fad that won't be around in a decade.

Working out outside on my real bike is my preferred exercise. But in New England that's really only an option for 8 or 9 months. And the winter is when I lose my motivation big time. I work from home which is even harder, it's taken a lot of the regular movement you'd get hopping on the subway or even navigating a parking lot on foot.

I think the idea that I'd be accountable to an instructor and get that interaction with a pro trainer that's enticing. It sure is a lot of money but I guess spending money on something that might keep heart disease and diabetes away might be worth it.

#14 83 days ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I think the idea that I'd be accountable to an instructor and get that interaction with a pro trainer that's enticing. It sure is a lot of money but I guess spending money on something that might keep heart disease and diabetes away might be worth it.

That's reasonable. I'm just against anything that has a monthly membership fee. I'm not like your typical pinside member with $50k-200k+ pinball collections. I'm as frugal as they come. I don't have a membership/subscription to anything other than my TV/phone/internet bundle. No cell phone or gym memberships. I'm trying to retire before 45 and live a minimalist lifestyle. I've always noticed that the more things I own, the less happy I am.

#15 81 days ago

Would love to have one, but don't understand all the negativity about their new commercial. Haters gotta hate!!

#16 81 days ago

I use my Peloton for getting into shape for Snowmobile season otherwise I try to ride outside during the summer months. Same user name there as here... I'm not too creative when it comes to name for myself.

#17 81 days ago

I have both the treadmill and bike....both are great products

#18 81 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Would love to have one, but don't understand all the negativity about their new commercial. Haters gotta hate!!

The commercial might have played better if the wife gave the machine to her 40 pound overweight husband. The wife’s “journey” over the year brought her weight down perhaps 5 pounds from what looks to be an okay weight in the first place.

#19 81 days ago

My only complaint with Peloton is their outrageous monthly fees....My buddy has the ifit S22i commercial bike, which is way better bike than my peloton and the fees are only $8 per month.

#20 80 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My only complaint with Peloton is their outrageous monthly fees....My buddy has the ifit S22i commercial bike, which is way better bike than my peloton and the fees are only $8 per month.

Forbes did a study and as far as construction is concerned, Peloton LOSES money on the bike, but the app is the moneymaker. I used a reg. Schwinn spin bike and the peloton app on my iPad for 6 months. Finally the bike sucked me in.

Quoted from schwism:

The commercial might have played better if the wife gave the machine to her 40 pound overweight husband. The wife’s “journey” over the year brought her weight down perhaps 5 pounds from what looks to be an okay weight in the first place.

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC. FYI, if people spent the same time on a Peloton instead of being "outraged", they'd be in much better shape.

#21 80 days ago

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC.

Huh? Why the hell not? I'm fat, and I think that would actually be a pretty interesting move, WITH the caveat that they needed to find someone that was actually overweight and lost weight using the thing to 'act the role'.

Oh, that's right, it's because most health nuts would rather bitch about not seeing their perfect ideal of beauty than to actually encourage people to do something good for themselves, much less be supportive.....and that's their prime market. Got nothing to do with being PC or not...they're just marketing to people they think will spend the money. They don't want to risk the backlash (Although they apparently got it anyways...first I'm hearing of this one lol) from their normal market segment just to pick up a few of us fatties as customers.

Seriously though...marketing is about projecting an image. Do you want your exercise equipment to be associated with someone that's obese....or someone that fits the very traditional image of "hot and fit". Cmon. Getting mad at them for that....there's so many better things to do in life, but some people just have to be offended by literally everything.

#22 80 days ago

Just bought one today!

#23 80 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

Huh? Why the hell not? I'm fat, and I think that would actually be a pretty interesting move, WITH the caveat that they needed to find someone that was actually overweight and lost weight using the thing to 'act the role'.
Oh, that's right, it's because most health nuts would rather bitch about not seeing their perfect ideal of beauty than to actually encourage people to do something good for themselves, much less be supportive.....and that's their prime market. Got nothing to do with being PC or not...they're just marketing to people they think will spend the money. They don't want to risk the backlash (Although they apparently got it anyways...first I'm hearing of this one lol) from their normal market segment just to pick up a few of us fatties as customers.
Seriously though...marketing is about projecting an image. Do you want your exercise equipment to be associated with someone that's obese....or someone that fits the very traditional image of "hot and fit". Cmon. Getting mad at them for that....there's so many better things to do in life, but some people just have to be offended by literally everything.

Agree. If it’s not PC why are WW and Nutrisystem flooding us with before and after ads (starting January 2)?

#24 80 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

It doesn't MAKE you shed pounds. Diet is 80-90% of that. Trust me I'm speaking from experience. But it WILL get you in much better health and condition you. And the camaraderie with other users is pretty damn cool. The commercial rings true. The PERCEPTION of most does not.

#25 80 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Me either I figured his hot wife wanted one and he got her one!
There’s a group of people in this country that suck all of the fun out of everything.I honestly think normal folks should just ignore them

#26 80 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

Jared killed the deal for all of us fat guys.

#27 80 days ago

It doesn't MAKE you shed pounds. Diet is 80-90% of that. Trust me I'm speaking from experience. But it WILL get you in much better health and condition you. And the camaraderie with other users is pretty damn cool. The commercial rings true. The PERCEPTION of most does not.

When I was actually going to the gym, I made it a point to compete with myself, so I get that. I don't know the first thing about Peloton's program/bikes other than their commercials sound really ridiculous when you hear the same pseudo-techno music 12 times an hour.

There's no amount of 'diet' I can do, personally, that would get me into anything approaching 'healthy' BMI. I know, because I tried about 12 years ago. Even with the benefit of exercise 5 days a week, and eating decently, lowest I ever got was 220...which...is...still.....fat. By like 40 lbs for my height. Some of us really do just have shit genetics. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in trying again, but...yeah. I need someone to remove some of these fat cells that never fully go away.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Jared killed the deal for all of us fat guys.

Ouch, but true? .... >=\

#28 80 days ago

What kills me about the Peloton commercials is the people shown using it are in their 20's and live in million dollar homes. Ridiculous.

#29 80 days ago

Forbes did a study and as far as construction is concerned, Peloton LOSES money on the bike, but the app is the moneymaker. I used a reg. Schwinn spin bike and the peloton app on my iPad for 6 months. Finally the bike sucked me in.

Honestly, you absolutely CAN'T use an overweight person in that commercial. It's so not PC. FYI, if people spent the same time on a Peloton instead of being "outraged", they'd be in much better shape.

Thats not a surprise. One thing I did notice is the the S22i bike is far superior to the peloton bike on many levels. That being said the content on Peloton is superior, but not $22 a month superior

#30 80 days ago

Would be a better commercial with a Queen theme...

Fat Bottom girls you make the rocking world go round...

Get on your bikes and ride

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 12.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 224.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside