(Topic ID: 198203)

Pecos Pinball is Honored and Pleased to Announce...

By Pecos

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3908 (resized).JPG
DSCF3903 (resized).JPG
DSCF3897 (resized).JPG
DSCF3899 (resized).JPG
DSCF3900 (resized).JPG
DSCF3894 (resized).JPG
Klondike in the conference room at Oculus (resized).jpg
DSCF3073 (resized).JPG
DSCF3069 (resized).JPG
DSCF3072 (resized).JPG
DSCF3065 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Pecos Pinball is pleased and proud to announce that one of their restored EMs, a 1972 Williams Fan-Tas-Tic, has joined the line-up at D & D Pinball in Tucson.

Setting it up:

DSCF3065 (resized).JPGDSCF3065 (resized).JPG

The proud new owners:

DSCF3069 (resized).JPGDSCF3069 (resized).JPG

The first paying customer:

DSCF3072 (resized).JPGDSCF3072 (resized).JPG

A place of honor!

DSCF3073 (resized).JPGDSCF3073 (resized).JPG

Fan-Tas-Tic is playing fan-tas-tic! Come by and play it!

This is the first pinball that has left Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. I am both sad to see it go but very happy to know that it will get lots of play and that is what all of my hard work is, eventually, about.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Congrats pecos. It is hard to let them go, but it is fun to see others enjoy them. Double points for getting it out in public!
Fan-tas-tic work!

Thanks bingo! Yeah, there were four people gathered around Fan-Tas-Tic and enjoying the pinball play. That sure makes all of the hard work worthwhile. It was super fun seeing the public gathered around the pinball I restored and having a good time.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

What a great feeling it must be to know that a project you resurrected will not just live on, but live in a publicly accessible location. Nice work on the repairs...and allowing one of your birdies to lethe nest.

There is no other feeling like it. Is it wrong to be the proud daddy?

Thanks Captive_Ball! These Project Pins can be brought back to life. This Fan-Tas-Tic is getting another chance to bring healthy amusement to a new generation. If only it can bring a few moments of escape from a world gone mad.

Quoted from bluespin:

Great job pecos. Now you have away to cycle through a variety of pins in your collection, and introduce new people to EMs that play correctly.

Thanks bluespin! I have a theory that if these old EMs played like they did when they were new, pinballers would be flocking to play them for a quarter a game. I intend to prove that theory.

Quoted from nascarrey:

Nice job pecos ! Its great to expose vintage pins to the next generation of players!

Thanks nascarrey! One day this generation will be looking for the EM pinballs they played when they were young - if we can only keep them operational.

It's a start - a small start. God willing, there will be more to come.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

... looks like a pretty cool place, too! Great work pecos !

Thanks Rob. It's cooler in the winter. The front of the arcade is open to the elements.

2 months later
#10 6 years ago

Another restored Project Pin has left Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. Williams Klondike has been placed in the conference room at Oculus Architecture in Santa Ana, California!

Klondike in the conference room at Oculus (resized).jpgKlondike in the conference room at Oculus (resized).jpg

Here is how the restoration was done. It arrived with mouse damage but turned out very nice. The backglass and playfield colors are vibrant and bright. The game plays very much like it did when it was first born in 1971.

Architects and guests, enjoy your 'new' Klondike!

2 months later
#11 6 years ago

Pecos Pinball is pleased and proud to announce that, beginning April 1st, 2018, Pecos Pinball will be in business, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I plan to route some of my pinball collection in businesses here in East Tucson. I am doing this for these reasons:

• I need the space. 37 pinball machines seems to be my limit here at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour.
  • I need the money. I don't expect the income to be much, but even a little bit will be welcome.
  • My machines need to be played. They don't get much play here at the PPPP and they were meant to be played.
  • If my pinball machines will bring even a little bit of the joy that I got from playing pinball in my youth, my efforts will be well worth it.
  • I put so much work into the restoration of my games, that routing the machines from my collection means that I will benefit from all of the hard work to make them reliable and nice looking while still maintaining ownership. I sold some of my games last year and got nowhere near minimum wage for the hours I put into the restoration. Add the costs of the parts, and it just makes more sense to keep the games and try to make money routing them.

It's been an interesting journey so far. It is amazing how much more work it takes to take a game from your collection and make it ready to take coins in a public place. Coin boxes need lids, backboxes need back doors. Solid State games that work fine need to be bullet-proofed with new electrolytic capacitors, etc. Playfields need to be touched-up and made more presentable. My Williams SS pins need fuses added to the bridge rectifiers, Thanks Vid! I don't want to burn down my favorite businesses!

Even more interesting, I need four, count 'em four, licenses to start a sole proprietor vendor distributor business here in Tucson. Most surprising was the fingerprinting that needed to be done! I felt like a bad, bad boy having them done!

You won't be too surprised to learn that my priorities have changed. So, sadly, the Queen of Hearts and some of my other projects will have to be put on hold for a while.

I am looking forward to this challenge. I am excited to be starting my own business at my age, something that I've thought about doing for a long time now.

I have done my homework. Yes, I have read some of the threads here about starting your own pinball routing business and they have been invaluable. Thanks to all of you who have helped make this a reality!

1 month later
#24 6 years ago

Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour Proudly Presents A Pinball Party

All Pinsiders invited.

When: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM Monday, April 23rd
What:
Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Bally 1982
Hardbody, Bally 1987
Future Spa, Bally 1979
Old Chicago, Bally 1975
Stellar Wars, Williams 1979
Firepower, Williams 1980
Black Knight, Williams 1980
Harlem Globetrotters On Tour, Bally 1978
Airborne Avenger, Atari 1977
Double-Up, Bally 1970
Travel Time, Williams 1973
Aztec, Williams 1976
Super-Flite, Williams 1974
Spanish Eyes, Williams 1972

If you have ever wanted to play some classic pinball machines, this is your chance. This is the last time these games will be together in one place. They will soon be going to Tucson businesses for public play. Play them now, while you can, courtesy of PPPP!

Pizza and soda will be provided. BYOB.

RSVP, please, to Pecos for location.

#25 5 years ago

Pecos Pinball is pleased and proud to announce that one of their restored EMs, a 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes has joined the line-up at D & D Pinball in Tucson. This is the second ‘middle pop’ EM to be added at D&D Pinball.

It’s a fun game and it is playing great! Come by and play it!

#27 5 years ago

Thanks Ryan. Spanish Eyes 2 was sold to D&D Pinball - the one with the nice backglass. I have another Spanish Eyes that I may be routing.

I am still waiting for my business license, so no routing yet.

3 months later
#29 5 years ago

Pecos Pinball is pleased and honored to announce their affiliation with the Hotel McCoy. Pecos Pinball is excited to be bringing vintage pinball to the people of Tucson.

Hotel McCoy is a retro hotel. Bryan Coggins and his team have spent a lot of time and money bringing the old hotel Silverbell Inn back to life, as a resort hotel with a 1960s feel. They have 93 rooms at very reasonable prices.

The first machine at Hotel McCoy is a Williams 1973 Travel Time. It will be located in the lobby near the pool, outdoor ping pong table and other recreational amenities.

Travel Time will be set at two games for a quarter as an introductory price. Stop by and support pinball in Tucson and say that Pecos sent you!

See pics here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-diary-my-journey-to-pinball-operator/page/3#post-4558668

4 weeks later
#31 5 years ago

Pecos Pinball is excited and honored to announce their affiliation with the Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar. Pecos Pinball is pleased to bring their second vintage pinball machine to the Tucson area.

The Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar, formerly the Vail Steak House Cafe & Diner, is going through their soft opening and will have their Grand Opening on October 13th, 2018. The Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar is located just off I-10 at the Vail, Arizona exit. Check out the Facebook link. There are more pics of Harlem Globetrotters On Tour there.

The first machine at the Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar is a Harlem Globetrotters On Tour , Bally 1979. This machine comes via my San Tan Valley Project Pin Guy and is one of the nicest examples you will ever find. It has a reproduction playfield. It looks great and plays just as well. It will be located in the bar/saloon area.

#harlem-globetrotters-on-tour will be 50 cents a game. Stop by and support pinball in Tucson and say that Pecos sent you!

DSCF3894 (resized).JPGDSCF3894 (resized).JPG

The owner and his wife.

DSCF3897 (resized).JPGDSCF3897 (resized).JPG

DSCF3900 (resized).JPGDSCF3900 (resized).JPG

DSCF3899 (resized).JPGDSCF3899 (resized).JPG

#32 5 years ago

The second pinball machine at the Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar is an Aztec, Williams 1976. It will be located in the bar/saloon area.

Aztec will be a retro-priced at 25 cents a game. Stop by and support pinball in Tucson and say that Pecos sent you!

DSCF3903 (resized).JPGDSCF3903 (resized).JPG

DSCF3908 (resized).JPGDSCF3908 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pecos-pinball-is-honored-to-announce-a-new-addition-to-d-d-pinball?tu=pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.