Pecos Pinball is pleased and proud to announce that, beginning April 1st, 2018, Pecos Pinball will be in business, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I plan to route some of my pinball collection in businesses here in East Tucson. I am doing this for these reasons:
- I need the space. 37 pinball machines seems to be my limit here at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour.
- I need the money. I don't expect the income to be much, but even a little bit will be welcome.
- My machines need to be played. They don't get much play here at the PPPP and they were meant to be played.
- If my pinball machines will bring even a little bit of the joy that I got from playing pinball in my youth, my efforts will be well worth it.
- I put so much work into the restoration of my games, that routing the machines from my collection means that I will benefit from all of the hard work to make them reliable and nice looking while still maintaining ownership. I sold some of my games last year and got nowhere near minimum wage for the hours I put into the restoration. Add the costs of the parts, and it just makes more sense to keep the games and try to make money routing them.
It's been an interesting journey so far. It is amazing how much more work it takes to take a game from your collection and make it ready to take coins in a public place. Coin boxes need lids, backboxes need back doors. Solid State games that work fine need to be bullet-proofed with new electrolytic capacitors, etc. Playfields need to be touched-up and made more presentable. My Williams SS pins need fuses added to the bridge rectifiers, Thanks Vid! I don't want to burn down my favorite businesses!
Even more interesting, I need four, count 'em four, licenses to start a sole proprietor vendor distributor business here in Tucson. Most surprising was the fingerprinting that needed to be done! I felt like a bad, bad boy having them done!
You won't be too surprised to learn that my priorities have changed. So, sadly, the Queen of Hearts and some of my other projects will have to be put on hold for a while.
I am looking forward to this challenge. I am excited to be starting my own business at my age, something that I've thought about doing for a long time now.
I have done my homework. Yes, I have read some of the threads here about starting your own pinball routing business and they have been invaluable. Thanks to all of you who have helped make this a reality!