DSCF3256 (resized).JPG
DSCF3253 (resized).JPG
DSCF3242 (resized).JPG
DSCF3238 (resized).JPG
DSCF3240 (resized).JPG
DSCF3237 (resized).JPG
DSCF3266 (resized).JPG
DSCF3265 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Lookin' forward to the ride!

Real excited,
Ryan

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

The lockdown bar was somewhat of a mystery. No lever to push to unlock it! It is attached with two long bolts. There were no nuts on these bolts, so I just carefully pulled the lockdown bar up and off.

Ha-ha! That arrangement really tripped me out the first time I experienced it, too! Typically just a couple of wingnuts go on the other side, though. I'm sure you could tote that wooden lockdown bar with you to a big box hardware store and find what you need.

Quoted from Pecos:

This glass had to come off and, as I mentioned, it was broken. I have the pieces, I may try to put the puzzle pieces back together again and apply a piece of Mylar on each side of the glass.

Quoted from Darcy:

Since the glass is broken. Just spend your money for a proper tempered glass replacement, 'think safety first'.

Amen. I couldn't tell if Pecos was joking about this or not, but just in case he WASN'T...I'd wholeheartedly agree with Darcy.

New tempered glass:
- inexpensive
- safe
- PRETTY!!!

...because as ZNET mentioned...

Quoted from ZNET:

Most examples exhibit considerable wear at the pop bumpers, poker grid inserts and gobble holes. Your playfield looks exceptionally well preserved. Also, your game has a nice original coin door. It's going to be a gem when you're done.

...and you're gonna want to showcase your gem (not hide it behind broken shards and mylar).

Still excited,
Ryan

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I have my own personal hardware guy, Kris, at Ace Hardware

Is that your dude? I thought that was an actual Ace ad. That guy looks like he knows what he's talking about.

Quoted from Pecos:

Okay guys! I know when it's time to shake my head and agree with you.

*Phew!* Thank goodness.

Quoted from Pecos:

All pics are before playfield cleaning.

Jeez...even before cleaning it is astonishing how good it looks.

Can't wait to see it after...

Quoted from Pecos:

...using the safest of safe chemicals to clean the playfield

I've seen your restorations in the past and I know you're gonna treat this with reverence and respect. Already looking forward to the final product but excited for the journey.

Go Pecos!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Did you know that you have to remove six screws to lift the playfield up? I didn't!

Haha! You sound exactly like I did last year after nabbing Score-Board. Love it. ...and I love that you're not only diving into this, but documenting it!

1 week later
#63 6 years ago

Wow!!! That massive matrix of elevated switches on the multiple troughs is really something. I've not seen something like that before. Thanks for documenting this so well, Pecos! Like everyone else, I'm waiting with baited breath for your finished product. Great work this far!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

For anyone that might be interested: I've reviewed the circuit on my copy of the schematic! It shares quite a bit in common with the scoring circuits in the bingo pinballs.

That's really interesting and also makes a lot of sense, as Wayne has mentioned that he pretty much didn't even look at most of what the competition was doing, aside from the bingo circuitry. Very cool observation, Nick.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pecos-gottlieb-1952-queen-of-hearts-restoration?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.