(Topic ID: 11974)

PDI vs. Bob's Ultimate (AKA Phoog's) pinball glass face-off!

By pzy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by copperpot
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I appreciate the time and effort that went into this report and video's. I'm sure the amount of editing and installing/removing glasses took your entire week/weekend. However, I'm going to be the first to complain (SORRY!!). Couldn't you use a stationary tripod that kept the viewing angle the same between glasses? Both the AFM and CV shots between PDI and Bob's glass are at different angles or at least different zooms. As you know, with light, any variance in angle and distance is going to bias the results one way or the other. Or was the camera the same and the variance is in editing?

I agree with this. But it still seems pretty evident to me that the PDI glass is clearly the winner. The Bobs Ultimate glass merely seems to make the glare/reflections a bit less severe that regular glass. Frankly, if I'm going to spend what the Bob's Ultimate costs, I'd bite the bullet and go all out for the PDI glass. I love my PDI glass and can't wait for my next couple of sheets to arrive in a couple of weeks.

#12 12 years ago

I can't wait for the JJP glass either, especially since I am in need of some widebody glass.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Very interesting.
    I have PDI in my TZ and I don't think it's worth it.
    So I don't think this other glass would be worth it either.
    It's like trying to reinvent the wheel...regular glass works just fine and is good enough for me.

What is your definition of "works just fine"?

My pins that don't have PDI glass look dull and lifeless in comparison to the pin I have it on

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-vs-bobs-ultimate-aka-phoogs-pinball-glass-face-off?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.