Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Are there sales going on for PDI glass or Invisiglass (preferably PDI glass)? Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

I would like to see a sale on them again too.

I've got 3 wide body and one standard glass I would like to get soon.

#3 8 years ago

Is there ever a sale on PDI glass? I don't think so.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think there was a sale on a limited supply of widebody glass.. once.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't they have a sale of buy one get one half off some years back for Black Friday?

#6 8 years ago

Which one does everyone prefer?

#7 8 years ago

Pepsi

#8 8 years ago

PDI

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

PDI is generally considered better at this stage but the difference is not enormous.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If I get my GOT LE before you, why don't you come over and see it with PDI? You'll never have regular glass (or Invisiglass) again.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I get my GOT LE before you, why don't you come over and see it with PDI? You'll never have regular glass (or Invisiglass) again.

Only have regular glass.

I'm in.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Only have regular glass.
    I'm in.

Of course, what I neglected to add is that you'll never have money again, either.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Of course, what I neglected to add is that you'll never have money again, either.

You forgot that I'm not married and don't have kids...I will always have money.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're getting a GOT LE?
    oh man... if you haven't played it yet... you're really going to dig it. had a blast playing it in houston a few weeks ago at a show.
    the stand-up targets between all the back playfield shots are brutal, but it only makes you focus on your shots even more, similar to some Tron shots that way.

#15 8 years ago

If some of you dirty Jersey types are looking to do a group buy on PDI glass, I'd be in for a widebody sheet. A four-sheet order (any mix standard/wide) cuts $30 off the price of each, plus the savings on shipping.

#16 8 years ago

I'll discount on invisiglass orders of 3 or more sheets... Shoot me an email how many and what size you want and I'll get you pricing, the more you buy the more I can discount. There isn't a lot of room on these at all but I'll do my best.

Offer runs til Dec 31, 2015 ! How's that ?

Get a local group buy together.

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

#17 8 years ago

Thanks to Joe, I have invisiglass on all my machines now, its such a great improvement, I highly recommend

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have more money because my wife works, too. It's awesome when you marry a good woman and not a sponge.

#19 8 years ago

Amazing how many missed sales there are this time of year cause vendors don't participate.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Amazing how many missed sales there are this time of year cause vendors don't participate.

Yes, agreed. I need to pick up some PDI for for the rest of my pins too. Only have it on TZ so far. Bottom line, Joey @ PDI knows his product is the best out there and he doesn't need to discount. But totally worth it.

#22 8 years ago

Pdi is slightly better. I have both and really can't tell much difference. Pdi edges are finished out much nicer for sure. Would have stuck with Pdi but Jennifer gave us a really nice group purchase price last week.

#23 8 years ago

I wish PDI glass was $400 and on sale for $300. I think I'd outfit all my games if it was $200, but I also think I'd go all ColorDMD for $300/ea.

I don't think my brain cares so much about the price as much as it cares about thinking I'm getting a deal.

#24 8 years ago

The glass is great, but I went with colordmd

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

The glass I great, but I went with colordmd

Should've paved your driveway.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

The glass I great, but I went with colordmd

They are neck and neck as to which is the better mod. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and order two more sheets of PDI glass.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Same here.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I wish PDI glass was $400 and on sale for $300. I think I'd outfit all my games if it was $200, but I also think I'd go all ColorDMD for $300/ea.
    I don't think my brain cares so much about the price as much as it cares about thinking I'm getting a deal.

reminds me of a cheesy procurement joke.

Jr procurement analyst goes to his manager and says, "hey boss, i got the vendor down from $400 per unit down to $300 per unit !"
    "Great," says his manager. "You did a good job getting them down to $200 per unit. Can't wait to sign your contracts for $100 per unit."

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lol very true ... same with me

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have more money because my wife works, too. It's awesome when you marry a good woman and not a sponge.

This is also true , a awesome gf serves the same logic .. Thank goodness I have one that loves pins

#31 8 years ago

Well, for the record, I disagree. Money isn't everything , and there is something to be said for a good woman that cares for and is involved in our kid's lives and education. I would never trade that for a second income and kids that stay after school in "aftercare" or are raised by babysitters. My wife supports my hobby by being an enabler

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, for the record, I disagree. Money isn't everything , and there is something to be said for a good woman that cares for and is involved in our kid's lives and education. I would never trade that for a second income and kids that stay after school in "aftercare" or are raised by babysitters. My wife supports my hobby by being an enabler

Our kids are grown. I let the first husband make the kids and pay for them, then I adopted them when he was a dickhead. Now I buy the pinball machines and tell my wife that's the money from the college tuition I don't have to pay for. Win/win.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Our kids are grown. I let the first husband make the kids and pay for them, then I adopted them when he was a dickhead. Now I buy the pinball machines and tell my wife that's the money from the college tuition I don't have to pay for. Win/win.

trade ya...

#34 8 years ago

Get $100 off a sheet of invisaglass if you put a game into free play at Pintastic. Just saying.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-or-invisiglass-black-friday-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.