(Topic ID: 14250)

PDI Optical Non Glare Glass - PreOrder now for Best Pinsider Discounts!

By PDI

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wescor97
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wise_guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 12 years ago

I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not.. If you dont have the cash to waste I would keep it.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Wise_Guy said:I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not.. If you dont have the cash to waste I would keep it.
    That's unfortunate that you were disappointed. Nobody ever said that the PDI glass eliminated the reflection of the DMD. I still use Kim's DMD Glare Guards on all of my pins, including the 3 that I have the PDI glass on.

I am just a bit disappointed I am overall happy with the glass and will continue to buy it for all my games so that should say something. It does make a big improvement and looks great.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

Wise_Guy said:I really like the 11 sheets I got it made a nice improvement. Yet I would be lying if I said I was'nt a bit dissapointed as I though it would remove the dmd glare and the back box glare or reflection and it does not..
    More than likely.....you are seeing the reflection off of your playfield itself, not off the glass! Take off the PDI glass, and see if it is still there! =)
    The height of the player and viewing angle have a huge impact here, and also the kinds of lights you use in your gameroom and where they are located. The more the viewing angle is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect of this glass will be. We highly reccommend to Use Kim's DMD Glare guards in combo with this glass!!! Solid, KILLER solution.......=)
    Clearcoats, which are now applied pretty heavy these days even on new playfields, really make the glare from the DMD and backbox much worse. On older style Williams machines, that do not have big playfield angles or clearcoats....PDI REALLY looks amazing on, and even gives it the effect that is actually clearcoated. The more the view is at 90 degrees, the more amazing the effect will be.
    We also offer any custom size of this glass you need, for many different types of machines - yet another advantage of pre-ordering. =)
    JL

the 1st thing I did was take glass off and see if all the glare was coming from pf and it was not. You do get some glare from pf with glass off though so I see where your going with that. I will try the kims dmd glare guard. The only game that bothers me is BBB the backbox glare is heavy and the pf is pretty dim as the lighting kinda fades in and out. Looking straight down at glass you can't even tell there is glass on the game so thats amazing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wise_guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-optical-non-glare-glass-preorder-now-for-best-pinsider-discounts?tu=wise_guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.