(Topic ID: 14250)

PDI Optical Non Glare Glass - PreOrder now for Best Pinsider Discounts!

By PDI

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wescor97
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

#2 Would you be willing to wait 15-20 weeks to save hundreds of dollars?

How can you save hundreds? Looks like it is only $10 a sheet difference.

Quoted from PDI:

Funny, before JJP....everyone in the industry laughed at this, and nobody was interested in buying it.

That is false. I though it was great and would love to have some but could never bring myself to spend that much on glass. The wait was usually the stopper when I would consider buying a sheet.

Quoted from PDI:

If not for PDI, it would have never even been available here in the US.....and probally would not even be on the WOZ machines.

That is a pretty large charge. It does not sound good coming from another producer, like whysnow said earlier. Even though you have bought a WOZ it sounds bad when you question it here. Buy a sheet and test it instead of speculation here.

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Mr68 said:And please remember, if the Glare Guards doesn't have a Wrong Crowd logo on it, (my Pinside Avatar) it's not a genuine product.
    Shit!!
    I have three of them that don't have your logo on it. I guess Terry screwed me!

LOL. I know you're just joking but Terry is the man. The new logos just began about three months ago, so no worries.

And as a quick aside, not only does Pinball Life have an excellent reputation with you, his customers, Terry has also been a solid guy in each and every dealing he has had with me as a vendor... and customer.

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

#2 Would you be willing to wait 15-20 weeks to save hundreds of dollars?
    You guys decide..

No I wouldn't. In fact, if I had the option to pay $50 more to get it now I'd have done that on all 14 of my sheets I ordered. The product is amazing. Gotta have it now

#54 12 years ago

I wasn't willing to wait, hope to have invisiglass next week, I'm sure both are great!

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

The new logos just began about three months ago,

The logos definitely add the "hi I am not trash" factor. My kids almost tossed one but saw the logo.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #57 12 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Where is you picture next to the knock off Invissagalss? Oh ya they don't have any! It makes the rest of your games just look DIRTY when you install PDI!

Are you still planning on flying this stuff back from Europe at a better price point?

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

rommy said:Mr68 said:The new logos just began about three months ago,
    The logos definitely add the "hi I am not trash" factor. My kids almost tossed one but saw the logo.
    I hate logos. For me, the fact that there's no more glare with the glare guards has the "hi I am not trash" factor. Screw logos

Thanks for saying that. One of the reasons I added the logo was to class it up a bit but mostly it was because of bootleg Glare Guards being sold. I caught a vendor selling a knock off version at a show recently. I confronted him right there. He won't be doing that again.

Another time a customer complained to me about the guards he had purchased at a show and I agreed to refund his money once they were shipped to me. What he sent wasn't my product. The bend was incorrect and poorly done and the bottom side was not textured to defuse the lights. It was like a black mirror shinning the playfield lights right back at the player.

You guess it, he bought from that same vendor.

Please don't misunderstand. I'm flattered if any one of you guys want to copy my design for your personal use. I make them as a convenience for people. But I don't take kindly when someone steals my intellectual property for profit.

Kim

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

LOL. I know you're just joking but Terry is the man. The new logos just began about three months ago, so no worries.

Yep, I know. I like the logo a lot.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

But I don't take kindly when someone steals my intellectual property for profit.

The worst part is that if you went to court to fight the patent infringment we would all lose. The cost would have to go up so high nobody could afford them just from court costs.

#61 12 years ago

$65 for shipping!!! That kind of takes the "discount" out of it, doesn't it?

How is Pinball Life shipping a similar product for ~$20?!

#62 12 years ago

Just to make sure the correct information is out there:

Invisiglass is $295 per sheet (widebody or standard). It is currently in stock at Pinball Life.
    4-9 sheets reduces the cost to $285 per sheet.
    10-20 sheets reduces the cost to $275 per sheet.

Shipping is calculated by the actual distance you live from Chicago. Typically, 1 sheet ships for around $18-$22 to the midwest, $25-$28 to the south, and $30-$35 to the west or east coasts.
    Two sheets ship for around $25-$30 to the midwest, $33-$39 to the south, and $40-$50 to the east or west coasts. Shipping can be calculated from the lower left hand of the cart screen once you have added the sheets you need.

Terry.
    Pinball Life

#63 12 years ago

Got my tracking number today. 2 sheets on the way.

#64 12 years ago

Very glad to see you posting on Pinside Terry!! Thanks for breaking it down for us.

~Pete

#65 12 years ago

I have to throw my two cents into this thread.... Terry (Pinball Life) is a retail genius. If you consider something as simple as a shaker motor and assign a retail price of $285 plus an absurd shipping cost on an item it becomes cost prohibitive to the majority of hobbyists. The reality is that a shaker motor is a very simple item with a motor that can be acquired from Granger for next to nothing. In no way is that item something that should command a price tag north of three hundred dollars. Terry brought that item to the market south of $200 delivered. I can guarantee that the volume in sales of this item has skyrocketed at this price. Additionally, he has made this item a realistic purchase for the MAJORITY of pinball hobbyists.
    If Pinball Life is distributing an item, you can be certain that it is being done in a manner that is fair and honest. Once sales volumes prove themselves I have no doubt that Terry will leverage his buying power to purchase more product at volume discounts. My guess is that those savings will be passed on to the consumer. A retailer has to turn a profit to remain viable. Terry has more than earned my loyalty as a consumer (To the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars).
    Oh, and before I forget.... Kim's (Wrong Crowd) glare guards are on hell of a good idea for keeping reflection to a minimum... He is a standup guy with probably the most well kept collection of machines I have ever seen. I picked up a Simpsons from him awhile ago that was MINT... He is a pure collector and enthusiast..
    Peace out....

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-optical-non-glare-glass-preorder-now-for-best-pinsider-discounts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.