By PavBall

2 years ago

Stats

• 190 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0836[1] (resized).JPG
    IMGA0835[1] (resized).JPG
    Buddy_Holly_The_Crickets_(resized).jpg
    0423161414_(resized).jpg
    pdi2_(resized).jpg
    PDI1_(resized).jpg

There are 190 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago

Updates? Need a sheet, but figured I'd check here for any update before I reached out to Joey....says " in stock" on site

#102 1 year ago

Still waiting for my sheets that were supposedly in the lot to be received by Pinball Decals last month.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Still waiting for my sheets that were supposedly in the lot to be received by Pinball Decals last month.

Thanks for the heads up. Joey is a great guy, so obviously a supply thing of sorts........mark

#104 1 year ago

I ordered 4 sheets,and paid in full first week in January,and Joey told me Saturday,my order will ship sometime this week!

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I ordered 4 sheets,and paid in full first week in January,and Joey told me Saturday,my order will ship sometime this week!

Sounds like I'll wait a bit, as a backorder situation obviously exists.........

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Guess mine will be shipping too.

#107 1 year ago

Joey is probably surprised by the high volume of orders for the product. It seems to really be taking off recently, I see PDI appearing in collections everywhere these days.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Joey is probably surprised by the high volume of orders for the product. It seems to really be taking off recently, I see PDI appearing in collections everywhere these days.

Agreed....

#109 1 year ago

Tiger, you visiting Greece or did you move there?

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The stuff is amazing and I love the finished edges.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Tiger, you visiting Greece or did you move there?

Ah, PavBall is Greek. We went out there for a bit this summer to visit her family. I need to update my location back to Louisiana as we are back now.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

The stuff is amazing and I love the finished edges.

No going back, for sure.....I "borrowed" a sheet off my WCS when IMVE project was completed......even w Mikes brass plating, the glass sticks out like a sore thumb......

#113 1 year ago

hawkmoon, did your order ship yet?

#114 1 year ago

My PDI glass shipped today!!!!

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My PDI glass shipped today!!!!

Thank you for posting! I've just sent a note to check on mine.

#116 1 year ago

Website shows in stock. Misleading if people have been waiting months for theirs.

#117 1 year ago

All I have to say is WOW!!!! What a difference the PDI glass makes.

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yep, PDI is awesome.....Well worth the wait!

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Agreed.....think I'll reach out to Joey this week and see where things are...my WCS looks sad compared to all my other machines w it...

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed.....think I'll reach out to Joey this week and see where things are...my WCS looks sad compared to all my other machines w it...

I spoke to Joey yesterday. They got a huge batch in earlier this week and are working on getting backorders filled. I'm expecting mine by the end of next week

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Already did and he thought it would go out 2 weeks past. But there must be more delays now. No word yet.

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Already did and he thought it would go out 2 weeks past. But there must be more delays now. No word yet.

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I spoke to Joey yesterday. They got a huge batch in earlier this week and are working on getting backorders filled. I'm expecting mine by the end of next week

Thanks for the updates.....Ill let you know what he tells me.......

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

That's the word I heard.

#124 1 year ago

So backorders are getting filled now.

I'll check and see what he says, I'm not ordering now and waiting another six months.

I'll go with JJP glass if that's the case.

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

So backorders are getting filled now.
    I'll check and see what he says, I'm not ordering now and waiting another six months.
    I'll go with JJP glass if that's the case.

That's what I did.

QSS

#126 1 year ago

Nope. PDI is worth the wait. I'm hoping this is just a temporary bump in the road for them as I order this stuff regularly.

#127 1 year ago

I need to check out this invisiglass stuff for myself. Maybe they're will be a pin or two with it installed at York? Probably a Woz or Hobbit will have a sheet installed. I can't take anyone's word on how much difference an expensive piece of glass is and will need to see with my own eyes before spending that much for glass. I have complete control on the lighting in my room so don't expect this to make much of a difference for my pins.

#128 1 year ago

PDI is the better product. Invisiglass is good too though, I have four sheets of it.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I need to check out this invisiglass stuff for myself. Maybe they're will be a pin or two with it installed at York? Probably a Woz or Hobbit will have a sheet installed. I can't take anyone's word on how much difference an expensive piece of glass is and will need to see with my own eyes before spending that much for glass. I have complete control on the lighting in my room so don't expect this to make much of a difference for my pins.

Come by my place and see the difference .... i have all my pins with pdi and invisaglass. We can even put a regular piece glass in next to them to see the difference

#130 1 year ago

If I ever did buy a sheet, I'd go with whatever is cheaper and whatever I didn't have to wait for if I ordered.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

If I ever did buy a sheet, I'd go with whatever is cheaper and whatever I didn't have to wait for if I ordered.

...which is exactly what keeps Stern in business.

#132 1 year ago

Will be ordering a few sheets once the back orders are fulfilled and new orders are ready to ship without months waiting time. What was his usual ship time before these recent delays/empty stock issues?

Seeing is believing, saw PDI in person last year and have wanted to put it on all my games since.

#133 1 year ago

I guess I'm confused why the website says its now in stock if back orders from months ago still aren't filled? So if I order 2 sheets today what is my eta to receive them? I'd be a little peeved if it took months unless that was conveyed to me ahead of time. Communication is key especially on larger purchases.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I guess I'm confused why the website says its now in stock if back orders from months ago still aren't filled? So if I order 2 sheets today what is my eta to receive them? I'd be a little peeved if it took months unless that was conveyed to me ahead of time. Communication is key especially on larger purchases.

E-Mail them and ask, Joey is always very straight forward.

#135 1 year ago

Email sent. I will share what the reply is in the event anyone else is wondering. Thank you.

#136 1 year ago

Yes,sorry to take so long,my glass shipped last Wed.,and tracking says it will arrive end of day on Tuesday Aug.9,finally!

#137 1 year ago

Got my glass yesterday.

#138 1 year ago

My glass has shipped and should be here in 2 days.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Here is the reply I received today from Joey....

We are out of stock on standard size PDI Glass sheets - have had ALOT of really big orders lately and it is always a huge guessing game as we can only get 150 sheets per gaylord as it weighs over a TON! ( 2500+ lbs ).

We have had constant orders going on for some time, as it takes them quite awhile to make it for us. The current shipment which just got here = is completely pre-sold, with 60 sheets now going into backorder for next shipment which the ETA is late September. SHOULD BE VERY ACCURATE. Our order is TOP HIGH Priority.. ..and they are very serious about getting us fully supplied again so we can FINALLY have large stock.

Many people still think that our glass is the same quality as Invisiglass, and say they do not want to wait and w ill buy elsewhere - but this i s not the case if they want the highest quality pinball optical glass product in the market. PDI glass is 30% less reflective than Invisiglass.....and a much higher quality of manufacturing and final product - and is only sold by Pinball Decals, Inc. in North America.

If seriously interested, best bet is to backorder / keep it on backorder as 95% of people do. The last batch that arrived here on 4/12/2016 was also completely sold out before it even got here, with 40 more sheets that people still have on backorder and were waiting on. This is due to a quality control issue that they had in production late last year. We are always WAY more concerned with quality than timeframe, and just cannot rush them.

All orders are always shipped in the order that it was received, assuming we can fill the entire order.

You can also check here for public info:  https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-not-shipping

If you want the best optical glass money can buy - no choice but to wait. Time flys - and on the positive thinking side, it is always awesome to have something awesome to look forward to. =)

If you currently have it on backorder, it will ship in the order it was received. I can also always at any time offer you a full refund - no worries either way at all, just let me know!

If you just ordered it and want to keep it on backorder with us - we will need to get the shipping costs straight so your order will be all set and in queue. Never know what orders come in......and we are also not offering any discounts anymore for backorders - it is for a convenience to our customers only who want to insure that they get this product ASAP.

So just let me know - we will go from there. =)

Many thanks my friend for your business and my very Best Regards - Have a great week!!!

Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    http://www.pinballdecals.com/  

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

and we are also not offering any discounts anymore for backorders

I'm not sure what that means, is he suggesting and deals made in the past and are currently backordered will be repriced?

#141 1 year ago

Joey got back to me (he's always been very responsive)....basically, current order received don't even fill current backorders. Next order expected in October (ish). He hopes to have stock in hand after that one, but 40 sheets of those are already spoken for (think he might get them 150 at a time).

Looks like this is now a special order product....demand high, and the production glitch has prohibited Joey keeping any in stock at the moment. 2 choices - backorder and wait (with a place in line), or just wait.

Is what it is.......

#142 1 year ago

I'm sure Joey is a great guy and running a respectful business but maybe he should consider updating the website so that it doesn't say that PDI glass is "IN STOCK NOW". I was ready to order 2 sheets and was under the assumption that they were ready to ship but it doesn't look like that's the case. Maybe it should say something like "RESERVE YOUR GLASS NOW" or something similar? I'm in no hurry so I can wait but someone may be looking for glass for a party, tournament, etc. and would expect shipping sooner than September or October. Sounds like a quality product and looking forward to receiving.

#143 1 year ago

Looks like the only option is to order and wait.

The wait sucks, but it is a good product.

It's a shame this glass isn't already installed on all LE models from Stern.

#144 1 year ago

I put the PDI glass on my Star Trek. It really does make a big difference. It was also packaged extremely well and arrived in perfect condition. Excellent product that is highly recommended!

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks like the only option is to order and wait.
    The wait sucks, but it is a good product.

Yeah because they are going to make less money to make you happy. makes sense.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

from Stern? doubtful......I do have confidence that a new company getting ready to launch an ultimate pin might be taking a look, however....

#147 1 year ago

Happy to sell my used PDI glass.

$400 / sheet and its in stock. Pickup only.

#148 1 year ago

Got my tracking info on the 4 sheets I ordered, YaY

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Got my tracking info on the 4 sheets I ordered, YaY

When did you place your order?

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

When did you place your order?

May maybe? IDK it's been a while, but always worth the wait! I'll have 10 sheets now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 109.00
    Electronics
    Iron Transfer LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 40.00
    $ 12.95
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 190 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 533 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside