Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0836[1] (resized).JPG
    IMGA0835[1] (resized).JPG
    Buddy_Holly_The_Crickets_(resized).jpg
    0423161414_(resized).jpg
    pdi2_(resized).jpg
    PDI1_(resized).jpg
    There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 8 years ago

2 sheets coming my way tomorrow! Time to clean & wax.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I can also confirm orders are shipping, I ordered 4 sheets 2 or so months ago and got notice today they shipped! YaY! GoT LE, MMR LE, LOTR and TZ finally under PDI glass

That's not cool (not your fault). Some of us have been waiting since November.

#53 8 years ago

Still no word out here in Calif!!

#54 8 years ago

Yeah, just got notice. Mine is on it's way now.
    I wish my avatar looked happier.

#55 8 years ago

No word yet in Louisiana. Will check again tomorrow.

#56 8 years ago

Do they ship by state/location?

#57 8 years ago

I'm in CA and no confirmation either.

#58 8 years ago

Just upgraded every pin of mine to pdi/invisaglass and once you play a game with it ....its hard to understand why/how this wasn't the first thing I bought for my pins . Just a huge difference and upgrade when playing

#59 8 years ago

PDI glass, FF speakers (or Pinball Pro), LED OCD, Color DMD. All no-brainer mods for any machine.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PDI glass, FF speakers (or Pinball Pro), LED OCD, Color DMD. All no-brainer mods for any machine.

Agree with most them but the upgraded speakers. I had 2 met's at my place the other week side by side and my stock set up was better than the ff. Ive also tried them in other pins and a few friends have them. I changed back to stock and added a polk powered sub and that to me is the best option. The ff had slightly more bass but the mids and highs were very muffled and just not as loud as oem. Im sure everyone has different experiences with different pins but my experience is to stick with stock and add a powered sub. But color dmd is a must also . Boob will u be at Allentown? Thats where I first meant you last year lol.

#61 8 years ago

Hay,guys,just a quick heads up; i'm now 65,and have whats called tinitis!!Ringing in the ear! It's always on,very high pitch! I tell you this cause if you constantly use high power watt amp speakers,your gonna get it! Yeah,Especially in your car!! You'll wish when you get it you never herd the word,Piledriver!! Oh,mine was caused by sitting in front of 5000 watt amps at the Fillmore,and Winterland in S.F.Ca!! peace

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's not cool (not your fault). Some of us have been waiting since November.

You should have gotten an email with tracking maybe today? All orders were filled up to February.....they shorted us by 80 sheets. They had to fill worldwide dustributors......Good news is next batch will be here in June, so just another month and we will HOPEFULLY have good / decent stock again. But only 107 sheets confirmed coming in....40 are still on backorder and just sold 28 sheets just yesterday. So over half are already pre-sold. I HATE back ordering this stuff, but if we did not people would not be guaranteed product, and time flys. All orders and backorders ship in the order received.....some were just within a few days so no big deal as we got it all knocked out and shipped within 6 days. To all you people who still think our product is the same quality, please email jack and ask what the measurable rest reflection is for his product. Ours has a maximum tolerance of .5 -.8 (It is 30% more reflective than PDI). This is not even an opinion issue, it is a scientific fact that is measurable by spectral analysis - which if you do old searches on pinside Roman shows you what our product is with charts. THEY DO NOT.....and sell at the same price?????

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Agree with most them but the upgraded speakers. I had 2 met's at my place the other week side by side and my stock set up was better than the ff. Ive also tried them in other pins and a few friends have them. I changed back to stock and added a polk powered sub and that to me is the best option. The ff had slightly more bass but the mids and highs were very muffled and just not as loud as oem. Im sure everyone has different experiences with different pins but my experience is to stick with stock and add a powered sub. But color dmd is a must also . Boob will u be at Allentown? Thats where I first meant you last year lol.

I'll be in Allentown Friday. My experience is that Saturday is a waste as most of the good machines are sold and taken. Half the games and double the crowd.

My feeling is that FF softens the harshness of the highs in the cheaper stock speakers. It smooths out the frequency response across the spectrum better. Stock speakers seem to be high-frequency heavy, while FF speakers cut the highs, boost the bass, and just level all the different frequencies out better. And my floor rumbles with the FF system...I love that!

To each his own. See you and your better half at Allentown (and Pintastic!).

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

To all you people who still think our product is the same quality, please email jack and ask what the measurable rest reflection is for his product. Ours has a maximum tolerance of .5 -.8 (It is 30% more reflective than PDI). This is not even an opinion issue, it is a scientific fact that is measurable by spectral analysis - which if you do old searches on pinside Roman shows you what our product is with charts. THEY DO NOT.....and sell at the same price?????

PDI is a far superior product. I sold my Invisiglass and upgraded to PDI...when they were side by side, the difference was very noticible.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

You should have gotten an email with tracking maybe today? All orders were filled up to February.....they shorted us by 80 sheets. They had to fill worldwide dustributors......Good news is next batch will be here in June, so just another month and we will HOPEFULLY have good / decent stock again. But only 107 sheets confirmed coming in....40 are still on backorder and just sold 28 sheets just yesterday. So over half are already pre-sold. I HATE back ordering this stuff, but if we did not people would not be guaranteed product, and time flys. All orders and backorders ship in the order received.....some were just within a few days so no big deal as we got it all knocked out and shipped within 6 days. To all you people who still think our product is the same quality, please email jack and ask what the measurable rest reflection is for his product. Ours has a maximum tolerance of .5 -.8 (It is 30% more reflective than PDI). This is not even an opinion issue, it is a scientific fact that is measurable by spectral analysis - which if you do old searches on pinside Roman shows you what our product is with charts. THEY DO NOT.....and sell at the same price?????

This is why I went with PDI Glass over Invisiglass: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

Remember, for Invisiglass, I would have no shipping costs.

#66 8 years ago

Well,i ordered 4 sheets in early Jan. No word yet!

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PDI is a far superior product. I sold my Invisiglass and upgraded to PDI...when they were side by side, the difference was very noticible.

I have both pdi and invisaglass and actually thought the invisaglass was clearer at first lol. After getting some other opinions and doing some test I dont see any real differences between the 2 and am happy with both. It is a huge difference from just regular tempered glass and a must have for me now.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,i ordered 4 sheets in early Jan. No word yet!

Contact me direct for any and all questions / info.....

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I have both pdi and invisaglass and actually thought the invisaglass was clearer at first lol. After getting some other opinions and doing some test I dont see any real differences between the 2 and am happy with both. It is a huge difference from just regular tempered glass and a must have for me now.

This is an exact video of comparison between the 2 products = http://www.youtube.com/embed/rXHANDYS9Wk?autoplay=1&rel=0

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

This is an exact video of comparison between the 2 products = http://www.youtube.com/embed/rXHANDYS9Wk?autoplay=1&rel=0

Well I really dont need a video of a comparison when I can see it on my pins with my own eyes lol but thax ..... I have 4 sheets of pdi and 3 of invisaglass and am very happy with both brands and it is night and day over regular glass. Its funny bc I never understood why people payed so much for a piece of glass , however after buying a pin with it installed I really saw the difference especially when playing during the day time . I use to not be able to really play bc of the glare from outside but now I can play when I want anytime of day with the blinds open lol. Also the leds and just overall experience is just much better with coated glass and my scores have been so much better also .

#71 8 years ago

I do like the sanded/rounded edges on the pdi but the invisaglass isnt sharp or anything harmful .

#72 8 years ago

OK,folks,here's a quick update! Just talked to Joey,and MOST of the back orders were shipped! My order is coming in June,because so many big operators demanded their product,so, some small orders weren't complete! Not Joey's fault at all! He's doing the best he can to get out a quality product,and,as we all know,has been jerked around by the co. in Germany! Were all good!!! Joey needs some positive vibes right now people!!

#73 8 years ago

Ordered december 5th and received it an hour ago! Yeah!

#75 8 years ago

Fed Ex delivery showed up with 15 boxes yesterday....

Since the D-Bag couldn't read "This End UP" or had a liquid ounce of common American sense he would have laid them on edge as they were clearly marked "Fragile Glass". So I had to open up each one and make sure none were damaged before D-bag got to leave.
    Regardless, FREAKIN' Peanuts everywhere....LOL, makes a great bend and stretch exercise for the old man. Very smart to have two sheets side by side for structural stability during shipping. Thanks again Joey!!

Anyways, 30 sheets all safe, with one in place on LOTR. Nice tight fit. Use Q-tip to clean groove before install. Should have waxed first, but too undisciplined. Played one game and really nice for my old aging eyes.

More to follow. Anyone want some peanuts? Peanuts!! Peanuts!! Get your peanuts here....

PDI1_(resized).jpgPDI1_(resized).jpg
    pdi2_(resized).jpgpdi2_(resized).jpg

#76 8 years ago

Congrats on the purchase and the fact that they all arrived intact. Love the look on d-bags face.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

More to follow. Anyone want some peanuts? Peanuts!! Peanuts!! Get your peanuts here....

Great pics - they truly convey what text alone cannot! The second one made me laugh the loudest while reading Pinside this morning.

30 sheets?!

#78 8 years ago

Just got mine. Both boxes delivered upside down of course.

0423161414_(resized).jpg0423161414_(resized).jpg

#79 8 years ago

Oops, double post.

#80 8 years ago

For those of you who have not seen this video, check it out. It even had less rest reflection than Invisiglass. LOL
    This is how serious we are when it comes to quality.......

#81 8 years ago

Getting mine tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks Joey!

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Fed Ex delivery showed up with 15 boxes yesterday....
    Since the D-Bag couldn't read "This End UP" or had a liquid ounce of common American sense he would have laid them on edge as they were clearly marked "Fragile Glass". So I had to open up each one and make sure none were damaged before D-bag got to leave.
    Regardless, FREAKIN' Peanuts everywhere....LOL, ....

How long did the DA wait while you opened the boxes? Good on ya for opening them on the spot!

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

How long did the DA wait while you opened the boxes? Good on ya for opening them on the spot!

He was around another half hour at least as a result of his actions, attitude and words. So glad I can be here for my kids and teach them appropriate behavior. Many kids don't get two parents who care and know WTF to do as a Parent. God help our kids...

If you watch that movie PDI posted above, the worries were relinquished. This glass is tough stuff. Amazing video that sells the glass strength without words.

BTW: Did you know PDI Joey was from Georgia and he is trying to make peanut farmers out of pinheads everywhere he can? I have peanuts everywhere from strong winds and rain. LOL....Thanks Joey...Thanks ALOT!!

Peanuts!! Peanuts!! Get Your PEANUTS Here!!!

2 weeks later
    #85 7 years ago

Is the next shipment still on schedule for June?

#86 7 years ago

Thinking of ordering a couple of sheets but usually play in a low light environment basement low to zero outside light and dimable overhead light generally kept at low to zero out put. is there less of an advantage for me to purchase this?

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

Thinking of ordering a couple of sheets but usually play in a low light environment basement low to zero outside light and dimable overhead light generally kept at low to zero out put. is there less of an advantage for me to purchase this?

Not really. Much of the glare actually comes from the lights under the glass. With the lights off you will think you can touch the toys and ramps in the game. Great product.

2 weeks later
    #88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

bump

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was just told it should be here by late June.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Late June? Ugh.

#91 7 years ago

Still no word yet at all here in Calif!!!

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Gosh they struggle to keep up with demand on this product. I'm so happy with the PDI glass. It is really good stuff, only the color DMD is a better mod in my opinion and even that is questionable.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh they struggle to keep up with demand on this product. I'm so happy with the PDI glass. It is really good stuff, only the color DMD is a better mod in my opinion and even that is questionable.

I agree that the must have mods are non reflective glass, color dmd and external powered sub.

#94 7 years ago

Your lucky to have it! ordered in Jan.no word yet!

2 weeks later
    #95 7 years ago

Shipment still due for late June?

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Crickets

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

An email to [email protected] is best source for status info that I'm aware of.

#98 7 years ago

Someone in the Ghostbusters Club thread mentioned that Joey told him last night that the next batch should go out in a couple of weeks.

2 weeks later
    #99 7 years ago

It's now mid July, has anyone heard anything?

#100 7 years ago

Buddy_Holly_The_Crickets_(resized).jpgBuddy_Holly_The_Crickets_(resized).jpg

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-not-shipping/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.