• Latest reply 8 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rob-lowe-directv-hed-2014.jpg
1411657163601_wps_5_23_September_2014_Los_Ang.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

I'm lucky to live just an hour away from PDI, so I was able to pick mine up. I splurged and got 8 sheets (at a slight discount, nothing huge). It's definitely a personal preference thing. But my experience was that once I had 1 sheet, all my games "wanted" PDI glass.

#13 8 years ago

Related to the GI discussion in another thread...I'm a lot more willing to turn the overhead lights on now. Overhead lights + PDI is a great/simple solution for improving playfield visibility, and the PDI is an easy mod to remove (compared to LEDs). In fact I don't want to sell any of my PDI glass until my collection shrinks back down to 8 or less.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

What made the biggest difference was that I changed the overhead 6" can lights in my game room from 75w incandescent to warm white LEDs and added a dimmer to the circuit.

Oh yeah, I totally recommend this! If your gameroom doesn't have a dimmer switch, that's the first thing to do.

#46 8 years ago

Go price non-glare glass at your local Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Then tell them you need it tempered. PDI glass is fairly priced, IMO.

#51 8 years ago

Shipping across the ocean adds a lot.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lets take out the glare argument for just a minute and what do you have:
Standard Glass: Portraits a foggy view of the entire playfield, lighting, and experience
PDI/Invisiglass: Pops all colors out with a vibrant high definition feel and experience.
To put it more bluntly, this is rob lowe with PDI/Invisiglass

This is Rob Lowe with Standard glass

Any further questions?

Now that I've seen the pics, I think I look more like standard glass Rob Lowe.

#65 8 years ago

I'll definitely agree that if you play in the dark and your game is lit from inside like a Christmas tree, there's not a lot of benefit to PDI. I like PDI as an alternative to LED-ing my games, because I can use as much room lighting as I want. I've got a dimmer to make the lighting "just right".

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I hope it's not super easy to scratch? Anyone have any comment on that?

I've had 9 sheets for at least a year, with several parties, 2 league nights and 1 tournament. No scratches. The only thing I ask is that people don't write their scores using the PDI glass for support. That's probably an unnecessary precaution.

Our new kitten has jumped all over the machines this past month. When I cleaned the glass for my son's party, the little paw prints came right up, and there wasn't a single scratch.

#75 8 years ago

ColorDMD is great, and I hope to get a few more for Chrstmas. But I would still go with PDI glass first. Just a personal preference. Note that I was a PDI skeptic *and* a ColorDMD skeptic. That saved me money for a while, but I eventually caved in on both, and I'm glad I did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-holy-crap?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.