(Topic ID: 272394)

PDI Glass for Bally Wide Bodies

By Skicjd02

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I may be able to get A distributor to order some PDI glass for old school wide bodies. The PDI glass in unreal. This would fit games like Paragon, Space Invaders, Hot Doggin, Hot Spa, Embryon, etc. I have a Bally Paragon and thye don’t make this glass for those style games as their wide bodies are after 1990 which are about 24 inches wide. Paragon is 27.5 inches wide.

Normally the company does not custom make this size of glass. But he is checking with his vendor for a Fall order. However, he would need at least 5 sheets made minimum order.

The cost would be $365 plus shipping which is usually around $75 shipped anywhere on the US (sorry no non-US buyers). Would there be anyone who would want to go in on this order? I am dying to get PDI glass for my Paragon! But I do not want to buy 5 sheets of it.

Cheers,
    Chris

#2 3 years ago

chris any chance this is same size as Gottlieb wide ? Haunted House, Black Hole, etc... joe

#3 3 years ago

Hi Joe,

No the length of those of over 48. Paragon is 43 inches. Unfortunately, they cannot do longer than 43 inches due to how the glass is dipped in chemicals to make it anti-glare optical glass. It doesn’t fit the tanks.

Chris

#4 3 years ago

I might consider PDI in wms wide body for stng.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure??

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm pretty sure the wide body sheets that Joey sells on his website will fit all WPC wide body, including that game. I have them in TZ and IJ.

#7 3 years ago

Yeah games like Paragon and Embryon are wider that WPC wide bodies. PDI glass for (e.g.) Wms IJ is readily available.

What the OP wants isn't. But as someone who got in on the last group buy, I can say it did wonders for my Paragon. Love it.

Here's hoping you get your quorum and enjoy the PRI glass.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Yeah games like Paragon and Embryon are wider that WPC wide bodies. PDI glass for (e.g.) Wms IJ is readily available.
    What the OP wants isn't. But as someone who got in on the last group buy, I can say it did wonders for my Paragon. Love it.
    Here's hoping you get your quorum and enjoy the PRI glass.

Thank you.

#9 3 years ago

Good luck to op. One day; I'll convince myself I need PDI glass. Until them; I'll slum it with regular glass.

#10 3 years ago

Anyone interested at all??

2 weeks later
    #11 3 years ago

Bump for Bally Wide body owners.

1 month later
    #12 3 years ago

I'm interested if I get a Paragon

8 months later
    #13 2 years ago

I'm now a Paragon owner and interested in getting PDI glass for it.

I'd be up for two sheets if anyone else is interested in a group buy for Bally super widebody size.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT:

I just heard back from Joey at Pinball Decals and he has informed me that this size playfield glass is too big to fit in the PDI glass manufacturers' chemical dipping tanks and therefore unavailable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-for-bally-wide-bodies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.