9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jedi-mind-trick.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

A customer contacted me and let me know PDI glass is too thick and doesn't fit in the channels. I don't doubt him but I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem

Thanks!

#8 9 years ago

It just doesn't make any sense, aren't they both the same standard thickness? Unless the cabs themselves are a hair narrower than a WMS widebody cab..

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wait. Cabinet width? Aren't we talking about the thickness of the glass and not the width?

I'm just trying to figure out what may be causing the friction.. I could see if it were the other way around, Invisiglass has a coating on it

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just wondering why you would switch? I thought they were very similar.

Similar yes.. Both quite nice, but PDI takes the cake. Though I do import PDI into Canada, I do it more as a favour than for profit (my margins are so slim I can probably afford a coffee... Maybe a muffin). So that said, I remain unbiased and own both. Both work as advertised for the player, but the differences are more noticeable for the onlooker as PDI has a wider angle of effect. Also invisibles capture fingerprints WAY easier thanks to the coating process vs. being built right into the glass.

Aaanyway, this particular buyer has PDI in all his other games and wanted them all to match.

Thanks for the help gang, I figured it may be a tight fit to begin with.. To fight glass rattle I'm assuming.

#23 9 years ago

Thanks for chiming in Reg! I just don't want to sell someone something they can't use, so I'm checking to see if yours was a unique experience.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Yes, it moves on it's own as I was trained by Yoda to use the power of my thoughts.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

All joking aside, perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough. I have to FORCE the glass into the machine.

I see what you did there...

jedi-mind-trick.jpgjedi-mind-trick.jpg
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not to derail your thread butt I have to ask ... what do you charge per sheet of PDI glass?
Also, I am coming up to Toronto next week ... any places to play pin? I am staying at The Fairmont Royal York

Royal York! Very nice... There used to be a nice arcade across the road with many pins at Union Station.. sadly it's closed.

Price is currently $340 CAD per sheet (blame our dollar), $45 flat shipping for any number of quantity. This is significant savings up here as it costs around $180 to import a single sheet.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I have both PDI and Invisiglass; I don't see a difference whatsover. Both are great.

Easiest ways to tell the difference between the two is to stand back and look at them from the side of the game. Also running your finger on the Invisiglass is a dead giveaway. You can tell there's a tint on there just by touching it. Again though, from a player perspective they both do their job fine. Invisiglass has the edge on price, so it comes down to personal preference.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

All low-reflectance glasses are coated. Your eyeglasses, your camera, and your pin.
It's deposited right on the glass, so it shouldn't be a (larger) problem if you scratch it.

PDI glass has no coating, the antiglare properties are built directly into the glass (hence the cost). This info comes directly from Roman himself. JJP glass is essentially a $40 sheet of glass with a coating on it, so they can afford to offer discounts.

I've spoken to Roman directly, the process of making his glass is very expensive so there's very little wiggle room for price adjustments. Pinball is a very tiny part of his market, displays and museums are his primary market

#69 9 years ago

thanks for clarifying, Roman!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-doesnt-fit-in-wozle?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.